Hirstys young un

6 minutes ago, David1867 said:

This is a problem for us, we have almost no track record of producing youngsters. Everton can prove that there is a route to first team football through their u18s/23s we struggle. 

A couple of years back my son was wanted by United, he was with Wednesday u8s at the time. After a bit of convincing I took him there to give it a go. United were very quick to point out at there is a route from their academy into first team football and lads would be given a chance, they had a very good "sales pitch" of their club and being honest I was impressed. 

Wednesday on the other hand were making a big deal of Jack Stobbs and Matt Penney going from the foundation phase to signing pro, which is nowhere near the level of other clubs around us.

I know times have changed at Hillsboro but other clubs can show a track record of youth production, unfortunately we can't.  

Wouldn't that suggest we should play him more frequently in our first team then? Keep him interested at S6. Get a couple of goals under his belt & his value will soar, surely? We're hardly suffering with a goal glut at the moment. :laugh:

9 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Wouldn't that suggest we should play him more frequently in our first team then? Keep him interested at S6. Get a couple of goals under his belt & his value will soar, surely? We're hardly suffering with a goal glut at the moment. :laugh:

Without starting another debate, iv been saying for a couple of months that I'd trust him over Joao or Nuhiu. I'd certainly use him off the bench over those two.