Carlos's attitude

"I never make excuses...but we played 48 hours ago"

I think his moaning about the fixture list results in this lethargic type of performances, he's basically allowing them to feel tired and run down-basically saying "I excuse you for not being sharp-because there is no way you possibly could be"-we know this is the case but it doesn't need to be said. What is more is that all clubs here have to do it so there is no advantage or disadvantage to either side-so all the players are in the same boat. He needs to be tougher on the players otherwise they all turn pappy. You know what it's like at work when somebody starts complaining, it brings everyone down. I think he's creating a similar effect. Stay positive CC.

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

It is not even a valid excuse.

It would be if all the other teams had rest but they didn't.

My thoughts excactly and I bet most other clubs can't afford to make 5 changes to there starting line up every game as well

Edited by s6 owl

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

"I never make excuses...but we played 48 hours ago"

I think his moaning about the fixture list results in this lethargic type of performances, he's basically allowing them to feel tired and run down-basically saying "I excuse you for not being sharp-because there is no way you possibly could be"-we know this is the case but it doesn't need to be said. What is more is that all clubs here have to do it so there is no advantage or disadvantage to either side-so all the players are in the same boat. He needs to be tougher on the players otherwise they all turn pappy. You know what it's like at work when somebody starts complaining, it brings everyone down. I think he's creating a similar effect. Stay positive CC.

It was predictable that he would say it, but it's the same for everyone. I don't buy it, more the system and lack of form for some of the players is at fault. 

What worried me more is the constant reference to players playing with knocks when their replacements are not even in the squad.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

I have a horrible sinking feeling Carlos and the squad have reached the end of the road in terms of progression.

Praying I'm wrong.

That's how I feel. Like he's run out of ideas or something?

41 minutes ago, Animis said:

It was predictable that he would say it, but it's the same for everyone. I don't buy it, more the system and lack of form for some of the players is at fault. 

What worried me more is the constant reference to players playing with knocks when their replacements are not even in the squad.

I wish he wouldn't say it, but it's perhaps understandable, because he come from a culture where it doesn't happen

One thing I know it does affect is his planning of the matches, him and the coaches are very meticulous and we always seem to struggle with a lot of games in a short space of time, it's something he's still getting to grips with. Regarding all teams having the same conditions, Rob made this point after the interview but he should have said it to CC to get this thoughts on that, it is a fair point. 

Carlos isn't dense, he will be under no illusions that we need to perform much better than we have in the previous 2 games. But he is hardly going to come out and slate his team.

But it is also worth mentioning that we've been without our most prolific striker throughout the whole of December and we've also missed FF for four matches in that time, add that to our most constant midfielder of the previous 3 years now being a big injury concern and I can see why CC is worried about the availability of his best players.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I wish he wouldn't say it, but it's perhaps understandable, because he come from a culture where it doesn't happen

true - but he does have options, which he seems reluctant to try.

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

One thing I know it does affect is his planning of the matches, him and the coaches are very meticulous and we always seem to struggle with a lot of games in a short space of time, it's something he's still getting to grips with. Regarding all teams having the same conditions, Rob made this point after the interview but he should have said it to CC to get this thoughts on that, it is a fair point. 

Carlos isn't dense, he will be under no illusions that we need to perform much better than we have in the previous 2 games. But he is hardly going to come out and slate his team.

But it is also worth mentioning that we've been without our most prolific striker throughout the whole of December and we've also missed FF for four matches in that time, add that to our most constant midfielder of the previous 3 years now being a big injury concern and I can see why CC is worried about the availability of his best players.

Second paragraph is key imo. Some fans might boo but thankfully Carlos has more sense along with the other 90%.

Just now, Copthorneowl said:

Second paragraph is key imo. Some fans might boo but thankfully Carlos has more sense along with the other 90%.

People wrongly think that managers' interviews are all about honesty, they're actually a tool manage his players and the expectations of supporters.  

Interestingly of the four teams who had their games postponed on Friday, three of them won. (Brighton, Cardiff and Reading) The other team (Fulham) played Brighton today

Coincidence? 

Guest Copthorneowl

13 minutes ago, fid said:

Interestingly of the four teams who had their games postponed on Friday, three of them won. (Brighton, Cardiff and Reading) The other team (Fulham) played Brighton today

Coincidence? 

Very good point matey and I said when this happened that to be fair to other teams in the promotion race these games should be mandatory be rearranged on the basis that they are played 48 hours after a future game i.e. If they play Sat this festive rearranged game should be on a Monday following that's what they just avoided but should be put back in place.

SWFC should campaign for this.