Chansiri sports wear?

Bit weird that we've not managed to do a deal with a supplier yet! It's not like the Sondico deal running out is a surprise. Some things never change!

Not against the idea in general but this year's kits (with heavy DC interference) are shocking IMO.

The white one is OK, mainly as it's the only one that is pale blue and matches the weird pale blue badge.

Just think they'll be awful.

Please no.

I remember well a time when I had moved to Clowne  in Derbyshire, in the 70's-80's, when here were three medium sized factories making clothing/underwear for Marks & Spencer at a time when Marks had a world-wide reputation for their products. All these factories, one in Bolsover, one in Clowne and one in Worksop had the expertise and, though small on a global scale, produced some excellent products. This was the way Marks were then operated, before the inrush of  cheaply produced and mass produced  products came in from overseas. 

What is required for a football club is the provision, possibly from a small outlet like this, of a relatively small, in global terms, line of sports wear. Although these factories have long gone, some of the skill must still be around, and could be quickly passed on to the youth of today.  It could be a way of bringing back work to a still relatively poorly provided area, work-wise, but still with abundant skills. The product would obviously be more expensive than cheap imported wear, but with our own brand of design. One for Mr. Chansiri's advisors to investigate?

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

I remember well a time when I had moved to Clowne  in Derbyshire, in the 70's-80's, when here were three medium sized factories making clothing/underwear for Marks & Spencer at a time when Marks had a world-wide reputation for their products. All these factories, one in Bolsover, one in Clowne and one in Worksop had the expertise and, though small on a global scale, produced some excellent products. This was the way Marks were then operated, before the inrush of  cheaply produced and mass produced  products came in from overseas. 

What is required for a football club is the provision, possibly from a small outlet like this, of a relatively small, in global terms, line of sports wear. Although these factories have long gone, some of the skill must still be around, and could be quickly passed on to the youth of today.  It could be a way of bringing back work to a still relatively poorly provided area, work-wise, but still with abundant skills. The product would obviously be more expensive than cheap imported wear, but with our own brand of design. One for Mr. Chansiri's advisors to investigate?

Good post. This country is far too dependent on others for the basics.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Great post BUT if you watched the news this morning this very sector was bemoaning the complete of skilled workforce. One comment was I have the orders to rake on an extra hundred staff...I just can't find them. So it may not be as simple as it may at first appear. Bug I think it's a great idea and just the sort of innovative ideas we should be exploring

35 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Great post BUT if you watched the news this morning this very sector was bemoaning the complete of skilled workforce. One comment was I have the orders to rake on an extra hundred staff...I just can't find them. So it may not be as simple as it may at first appear. Bug I think it's a great idea and just the sort of innovative ideas we should be exploring

I watched the same report as I was tucking in to smoked salmon and eggs and slurping tea from my new CROMWELL mug.

The point( I think) to take on board is that our country needs to be more self sufficient and less reliant on imports.

18 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I watched the same report as I was tucking in to smoked salmon and eggs and slurping tea from my new CROMWELL mug.

The point( I think) to take on board is that our country needs to be more self sufficient and less reliant on imports.

Multiple accounts aren't allowed Granddad.

On 06/12/2016 at 10:03, HarrowbyOwl said:

Could get Carlos to produce the kit through his Lacatoni sportswear company .

They already supply several clubs in the Portuguese leagues

Maybe seen as conflict of interest?

Aye aye. Winner winner chicken dinner 

lacatoni make new kits

On 12/6/2016 at 10:03, HarrowbyOwl said:

Could get Carlos to produce the kit through his Lacatoni sportswear company .

They already supply several clubs in the Portuguese leagues

Maybe seen as conflict of interest?

are you a psychic?