Were you there?

Guest white kanu
1 hour ago, Chris Sanderson said:

Crowds back then were a hell of a lot smaller. Heard Tony Cascarino other day on about Chelsea v Wimbledon at the Bridge in front of under 7,000.

Dunno mate, if you'd have said eighties I'd have agreed but we averaged 29,000 in the early nineties. We've always got less midweek games, and this game would have been the Monday night match on sky?

Guest white kanu

I left this match thinking that we were going to be challenging that season and Humphries had a right future in front of him. 

I used to drink a lot back then.

3 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

Looked a talent.

Didn't really do much In his playing career after.

In his twenty year (and counting) career,  he's played more than six hundred games.  Maybe he hasn't played too many top flight games, but to say "he didn't really do much", is a tad disrespectful to someone who wherever he's played, has been considered a top professional and an example to others, and after twenty years is still playing. 

8 hours ago, alanharper said:

Yes, I was on the Kop and also at the previous 3 games that season so I saw all of Humphreys' goals (did he ever actually score for us again?) - what an atmosphere at Newcastle when our late winner put us top of the league.

Still got a photocopy somewhere of the league table after the Leicester game,  showing us 5 points clear at the top of the Premier League!  

Me too, how bad was the rain at dirty Leeds that night!

I was there. Also went to West Ham once when he was getting dogs abuse from one of our fans. The lad soon piped down when Humphries scored, and the bloke next to him introduced himself as Humphries dad. In not a polite way. 

From memory isn't RH a blade?

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I was there. Also went to West Ham once when he was getting dogs abuse from one of our fans. The lad soon piped down when Humphries scored, and the bloke next to him introduced himself as Humphries dad. In not a polite way. 

From memory isn't RH a blade?

He certainly grew up a blade but has rarely mentioned it during his career (most of their fans don't shout it from the rooftops nowadays though to be fair).

He might as well have had a Utd shirt on when we played them in the League Cup the season after we went down he played that badly. For some reason he played at left-back and gave Devlin a free run down that side of the pitch, think he was subbed at half-time.