New SWFC stadium wishlist

32 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Location-Where Sheffield Ski village is/was

18079_ski_village_sheffield_boy_with_whi

Capacity 45k (possible expansion as standard!)

Looks like

h3hiwhkowbqo4iitlbrz.jpg

Name-Steel City Stadium a.k.a Jeff.

Feck me. The old slope on the pitch was bad enough lol

Edited by farlego

Guest The Clapper
19 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why am I being a dead head?

I don't want Sheffield Wednesday to move to a new stadium. Not been to Arsenal but been to all other new stadiums and disliked everyone.  

Did everyone dislike you?

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Just a bit of fun

• Where is it?
  • How big is it?
  • What does it look like?
  • What is it called?

If we must leave Hillsborough, then one like this please................

Image result for stadium lille metropole france

stade-pierre-mauroy-stadium-28238.jpg

stade-pierre-mauroy-stadium-49791.jpg

stade-pierre-mauroy-stadium-28230.jpg

Cost and financing[edit]

The total cost of the Eiffage project was €618 million, including €282 million for the stadium, €42 million for additional development such as parking, hotels, and restaurants, and €96 million to ensure seismic standards were met. This latter requirement was introduced in 2011, following a new law passed in the wake of the massive Japan earthquake and tsunami. The cost was spread between the city of Lille (€24.7 million annually for 31 years), the LOSC (€7.5 million annually) and the Nord-Pas-de-Calais regional council (€45 million).

I think its great, not a huge outlay for the club and make everyone (including our porcine neighbours) pay for it for the next 30 years.  I think that's fair.  However, I feel it necessary to point out I don't live in Sheffield and therefore I have a slightly skewed sense of what is fair.lol

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Wherever it is there are key requirements for the new stadium:

1. Ultra trumping section - An area of the ground where the Pro silent trumpers from the kop can be grouped together and become the first Ultra Trumpers in the Uk. It would need good acoustics and ventilation obviously. 

2. Over 45's section with clapping and cheering assistants to aid them, while they scowl and moan about it being better in the 1970's.

3. Full kit tail tugging tuggers section - Section of the ground where grown men and women can wear their kits and not be victimised.

4. 5 minute section - Designed purely for those wanting to arrive 5 minutes after kick off, go for a beer 5 minutes before half time, and leave 5 minutes early. No seats in this section just gangways, as the 5 minuters prefer to stand facing the car park looking back at the pitch over their shoulders.

5. Smelly scrubber section. Anyone who hasn't had a shower or bath in the last 24 hours,  has dirty greasy hair, wears grey jogging bottoms, has arse crack/pants showing at the back of their jeans, or lives in Athersley is allowed in this section only. Seats all have protective plastic covers on, and the catering kiosk only sells Smirnoff Ice and Mars bars at reduced prices.

We already have one............... the South Stand 

Guest Grez Bez
  • Where is it? - City Centre
  • How big is it? - 40,000
  • What does it look like? - Each side is different to add character. Exterior it has shops, bars and loads of Nandos in bottom.
  • What is it called? - Reytgud Road Stadium

3 hours ago, dan27 said:

How about an underground stadium that we enter via big escalators and trains and every home game would then become a night game and it would hold all of the heat and noise in there which would intimidate the away teams and that.

You've not thought about the trumping impact.

Guest RedDragonOwl

How big is it? 120,000

Where is it? bottom of the moor

What does it look like? Wembley but even better. It's just one big stand to cast a massive shadow over bramall lane.

What's it called? 9/11

4 hours ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Look at Old Trafford and Anfield, no need to move. Just a lot of tlc and redevelopment.

I'm so glad i read a bit further down to your post before i dived in.

I was about to say that Yeah, plenty HAVE relocated to new grounds with probably the Emirates being the best.

The real clubs that count though, (the two mentioned by James) who have the best historical achievement record, the best fan bases, the most iconic histories have decided to gradually re develop their homes rather than jump ship and re locate. 

Some like Man City and numerous others abandoned totally decrepit grounds and basically had no choice. 

We DO have a choice and even with minimal TLC over the last few years it is still a beautiful ground.

Unlike Man City who would have had to completely rebuild from bottom to top but were saved by the golden goose of the Commonwealth Games Stadium, we are not in either of those two positions.

It wouldn't cost fortunes (relatively) to make our home really special again and we would retain our heritage and all the history.

Could you EVER see Liverpool playing anywhere else but Anfield and could you EVER see Man Utd playing anywhere else but Old Trafford.

They stayed put for a reason, and the very same reasons also apply to us.

PS before anyone says it. I know it was a hypothetical scenario from the OP, but there seems to be quite a lot of 'hypothetical' situations at the moment on here.

The obvious one being. "I'm not saying i want CC out, but who would you choose if he was sacked".  Tasteless s**t!!!

Well CC aint going anywhere and we aint moving.

Blackburn 1 -  Wednesday 3 by the way.