New SWFC stadium wishlist

29 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

40,000 capacity multipurpose (income generating) arena WITH A ROOF.

This would be unique in the UK (only Cardiff has a decent sized stadium with a roof and it's a lot bigger and completely out of the way) and would attract sporting events (Boxing/UFC etc) and concerts galore.

If that could be done it would be a winner. 

stay at hillsborough , take pillars out of kop and create safe standing zone , knock down leppings lane stand and build new stand that joins north and

south

create a fan area by shop , bars food stalls etc stage for live music , similar to what eithad has 

Edited by jezek

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

This would be unique in the UK (only Cardiff has a decent sized stadium with a roof and it's a lot bigger and completely out of the way) and would attract sporting events (Boxing/UFC etc) and concerts galore.

I'm not sure you can class a stadium that is bang in the centre of one of Britains biggest cities with good transport networks can be classed as "completely out of the way"

Now if you were taking about the AMEX you might have a point!

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

This sounds like a plan.

40k would be plenty (maybe too much for us as excessive supply has effected gates in the past, but ideal for other events).

I've always like stadium MK, so maybe a bit like that but bigger and with fans.

With a fan park outside, for pre match drinks and entertainment.

Supertram connection, bus station and club car park for extra revenue.

oh and a smaller club shop, so it doesn't seem so sparse.

- can't think of many championship sides I've been to with such a large shop, they just cram the stuff in a much smaller shop giving the appearance of more stock.

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

I'm not sure you can class a stadium that is bang in the centre of one of Britains biggest cities with good transport networks can be classed as "completely out of the way"

Now if you were taking about the AMEX you might have a point!

It's not the stadium that is out of the way, as such, it is Cardiff that is out of the way.

I can't be bothered to read all this thread as there are a lot of people that post aimless drivel, so I don't know if this has been posted so apologies if it has. This, in the current location.

sheffield wednesday ground.jpg

And this hole as the the new barrack tavern.

Bfx7zbPCAAAxlbc.jpg

Edited by M Royds
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There always has been

They don't all come to games you know just because they live close by

I agree but if we get the product right in this day and age then the attendances will rise, ala 90% of the teams in the Prem, if we were to stay at Hillsborough then a Liverpool type modernisation is the way forward. Come to an arrangement with the owners of houses close by and then buy them up and then expand. The only difference is that 3/4 of the houses around the Anfield ground were unoccupied so this could prove to be problematic. 

What I think will happen is when we get promoted DC will wait for a period of stability before doing a stand at a time renovation/upgrade starting with the West which I agree needs to come down. Even if we are unable to acquire the housing then there is still scope to upgrade the existing infrastructure to facilitate 50k capacity as this was the aspiration with the world cup plans.

The driver behind all this is the need to get promoted!

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 13:21, Ellis Rimmer said:

Just a bit of fun

• Where is it?
  • How big is it?
  • What does it look like?
  • What is it called?

• Ideally Hillsborough, if not then move to somewhere in North Sheffield. As my name suggests I travel from Barnsley anyway so not too fussed as long as not near the sty.
  • Don't expand just make Hillsborough more modern, expand the concourse on the north stand and kop, better food and drink, better club store and more community facilities. When we are in Europe every year (hahahaha) then expand to 50k.
  • Like our current ground, might be biased but our ground is a brilliant looking English football ground. Like Anfield, don't leave a good thing, just keep giving it modern touches.
  • The 'whoever pays the most money per season for the privilege' stadium. We all still call it Hillsborough, Job's a good one. Personally I like the John West Tuna and Chansiri partnership community stadium, just to have to watch sky go 'there has been a goal at the .........'.

42 minutes ago, S6 Lifelong Owl said:

Missed a trick with the Don Valley stadium could have been converted into a proper community football stadium and shared with SUFC.

S6 lifelong owl yet comes out with ridiculous things like ground sharing with that lot

Firstly before commencing not sure if wanted us to say what you ideally want or what is practical have tried to do both, not certain I would desire all these things but believe they could be possible.

It has to be in Sheffield. location has to have good parking and easily accessible from motorway network. This is so could be utilised for other purposes and generate maximum revenue for club. Think if got to Premiership would have no choice to move to different location if major upgrade was considered. We could not afford to have 3 sided ground for several seasons or close ground for a year so work could be carried out loss of revenue would be substantial.

Capacity has to be minimum 40,000 with option to increase to 50,000. the aim has to be get into premiership and the draw of Premier League is such games against manhester clubs would certainly result in excess of 40,000. Large gates could be expected for Newcastle, and Liverpool. We got a big gate when Arsenal came for league cup so one could expect well ine excess of 30,000 for eqach of big London clubs. if we were doing ok or well who knows what gate would be. With regard other Yorkshire clubs if two of them i could think of were there we would get well over 30,000. Could not afford to throw away revenue by having stadium which was full to capacity most weeks. Would allow lower prices to be used to ensure more could get to games. Think this would also benefit club as would gain greater revenue from food drink etc larger numbers would consume.

Should be subsidised bus and tram service to games especially if moved to outlying area of city.

Club shop, travel lodge facility near at hand, catering facilities and Beres shop near at hand.

New multi pitch training facility.and uplift Academy to grade 1 status.

Guided stadium tours.

Hillsbrough turned into Academic Institute connected to Universities in Sheffield with the aim of advanced research facility to bring new investment and funds to city of Sheffield

Sponsored by major client from outside of Chairmans family to help bring extra funds into club. I would go for another thai firm with links to sports Red Bull and they could call it what they want. It would always be Wednesday ground to me.

If we moved ground would we have a new nickname, we have changed before and has been recent trend to do this? For example Chelsea were Pensioners, Sunderland were Rokermen, Reading were Biscuitmen and and WBA were Throstles. Personally refer to myself as a Wednesdayite and not an Owl so would not bother me. I would always be a Wednesdayite.

8 minutes ago, S6 Lifelong Owl said:

Why a lot of foreign clubs share grounds. A.C. & Inter Milan for example.

So?

What colour would we have the ground, a neutral one, maybe cream or white as we both have white in our colours?