New SWFC stadium wishlist

New stadium wish list:

No new stadium, redevelop Hillsborough according to the World Cup plans with further changes and additions to those proposals. 

Benefits: We keep our historical ground, our traditionss whilst looking attractive, fresh and rejuvenated. It'll also be cheaper to develop then move.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

Don't want a move but if it forced to;

Simply can only be in Sheffield.

Got to be 50,000 seater....and we MUST be established in Prem before a block is laid.

Got to look totally fantastic and we must NO WAY share it with ANY other club?!!

Well it will be called The Chansiri Stadium wont it, or The John West Stadium......please don't call the hotel on the same site, The Tuna Towers!

Padded seats please for those buying 10 year season tickets.....that will definatly happen....the 10 year jobbies I mean, padded seats are wishful thinking!

2 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Somewhere around the north side of Sheffield

30,000 - 40,000 with option to extend if things go oddly well

Blue and fairly traditional, only inside the concourses it's modern and shiny

Jeff

Of course, we can achieve all of that at Hillsborough

that's the spirit. Jeff would be a good name for the stadium, it would have real personality from the get go.

• Haha 2

• Where is it:- S6
  • How big is it:- 45,000
  • What does it look like:- it has a cantilever single tier stand to the north and a traditional looking two tier stand to the south, a new single tier Kop with the option to install some safe standing as the regulations allow and new west stand that has plenty of facilities for broadening the match day experience and non-matchday income
  • What is it called:- Hillsborough

13 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

• Where is it? - No idea, somewhere North Sheffield 
  • How big is it? - Between 30 and 40k
  • What does it look like? - Giant Fish Skeleton
  • What is it called? - The Chansiri Thai Union Group Fishy Tuna Stadium / The Jessica Ennis Ground

Edited by Lee A

12 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why do you think other clubs have built new grounds then? anyway we digress, I want to hear proposals not protests

Money, the motivation for most things in life. I'm an old romantic so in football I'm not that bothered about it. But playing along, if we really have to move:

Where - demolish meadowhall retail park (the one with PC World etc) and put it there, accessible and at least there's the odd pub around

How big - 35,000 with room for expansion

What does it look like - four individual stands, couldn't bear yet another bowl. It's a dream ground so I'll say the ones behind the goal are nice and steep and intimidating and one of them has safe standing. In my mind's eye I'm going off something like St Pauli's new ground, we could have a tunnel celebrating the steel city or something.

Name - it'll inevitably be the Chansiri stadium or something, though I'd rather it wasn't.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Location-Where Sheffield Ski village is/was

18079_ski_village_sheffield_boy_with_whi

Capacity 45k (possible expansion as standard!)

Looks like

h3hiwhkowbqo4iitlbrz.jpg

Name-Steel City Stadium a.k.a Jeff.

Like there isn't a piece of flat ground available within the city boundaries, so we should spend a fortune digging away an entire hillside. :tango: