AVFTEB/Spitting Feathers

1 hour ago, mrgund said:

I used to send letters in and my mate had a few cartoons published as well. This was in the Pleat seasons just before the internet boom if I recall.

Also, who remembers WM LEE or something like that? He used to send in incendiary letters that were so bad or perhaps so good looking back he was a pre-cursor for the internet troll. Perhaps a misunderstood genius.

Am I imagining things again or did he used to post on here a couple of years ago?

Guest Theboylangers
10 hours ago, Dooogs said:

Am I imagining things again or did he used to post on here a couple of years ago?

No you're not imagining it. There were definitely posts with a username WM Lee. I assume it was him as the style of the posts were very similar to his fanzine rants. 

20 hours ago, Beast of Boulogne said:

1 free gift was - GET TO SEE A FREE MATCH.

It was a used matchstick sellotaped inside , there was also a free pie in one issue. It was based in Darley Dale , two of the editors were Taff Boddle and Jocelyn Angloma, they used to bang on about snooker player Nigel Bond 'cos he was from Darley.

I forgot that Jocelyn Angloma did Boddle. They also had a real dislike of Notts Forest as well, aka "the Milksopps". I used to love their "10 things you didn't know about..." feature. Dappy hays.

I found one the other day in my mam's loft mixed in with a load of Beano annuals. I had a flick through and found one letter about offloading out of favour players. This particular writer had decided that Gordon Watson was surplus to requirements and said, and I quote:

"Sadly, a club like Southampton or Chelsea could be on the cards for Flash."

My, how the tables have turned...

Guest Deleted member
On 24/09/2016 at 10:33, steelowl said:

Agree info, debate and sh*t storms were different before OT

too many knee jerk teacup storms now, you had to wait and reflect int old days miss them and the green un letters' page

I reckon I must have had 10 letters plus published in the green un under the title 'Disgruntled Blade'

I used to absolutely love reading it the following week. Was funny reading people calling me an idiot, but even funnier reading the ones who agreed

Edited by Deleted member

I've asked before but never found it. There was a Chesterfield fan wrote an article (or had it republished) in one of the fanzines. Think it was called something like the radfordgate tapes? About a match at Chesterfield when it all kicked off. Anyone still got it that it could upload it. I remember it being really funny at the time. Mind I was young and daft then.