JEREMY HELAN RETIRES TO DEVOTE HIMSELF TO RELIGION

3 hours ago, adifferentgame said:

Blanket labelling of dissenting voices as "bigoted" is, likewise, a form of bigotry. We all have ideas which we find intolerable. Nobody should believe themselves the One True arbiter of morality.

Assalamu alaikum, Jezza.

Thank God someone has picked up on this.

Some of the irony and double standards running through this thread are breathtaking!

People talking about intolerance and then absolutely slating someone with a slightly different viewpoint to them.

Condemning and in some cases Mods removing posts with any humour aimed at Islam, no matter how mild and yet a couple of weeks earlier, page after page of fairly offensive posts (cloaked in humour) aimed at the Pope and the Catholic church, including Priests molesting choir boys etc etc. Not a peep!

(I am not religious in the slightest by the way so have no axe to grind on that score.)

I issued an amendment to a previous post in this thread where i mistakenly got an American city wrong. I copied and pasted an unattributed paragraph from a  NEWS ARTICLE (not an opinion) to show the actual article i had referred to and low & behold -  gone!!

Are the Mods on this site now actually censoring the news?    Or only if it happens to contain subject matter that clashes with their own opinions?

Moderating or Censoring?   Choose for yourself.

There have been some brilliant examples of double standards in politics recently. Some of the stalwarts of the Metropolitan left during the referendum, proudly proclaiming their affinity to Democracy, (while they thought they would win) and in the next breath (when they had lost) spouting that the idiots in the North were too stupid to know the facts and shouldn't actually have been allowed to vote in the first place. 

This attitude is constant and unwavering and the fact that people don't see the irony, even as they are writing it on here, would be amusing if it wasn't so pathetic.

What did someone on here say?  "The intolerant are idiots".  Sorry wrong, i have flicked back to check it out. "Your intolerance makes you a idiot" (copied word for word)

Anyone see the irony. No? 

Ok, move on!

Guest Deleted member
Just now, jerseyowl said:

I wouldn't bother arguing its impossible to argue with those that believe in a higher being, logic always goes out the window, replaced with single mindedness ie 'faith'

I didnt say I believed in God. Or a higher being. Nothing of the sort tbh. 

I like to think that generally I'm reasonably tolerant of those who do though. And those who arent. Im just not very tolerant of bigots.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I didnt say I believed in God. Or a higher being. Nothing of the sort tbh. 

I like to think that generally I'm reasonably tolerant of those who do though. And those who arent. Im just not very tolerant of bigots.

Your totally wrong though,take Pol Pot as an example he killed anyone that deemed a threat to his plan, intellectuals, leaders, religious etc

Linking that to atheism is preposterous 

17 minutes ago, Grandad said:

You say tomato - I say tomato.

They killed religious people because they were intolerant of religion. Whatever label you want to apply

I say tomato, you say beefburger. They killed people because of quasi-religious ideologies that were every bit as poisonous as those used by theistic dictators. Atheism is an answer to a question, not an ideology.

41 minutes ago, Grandad said:

They were openly atheist and responsible for the deaths of millions of people.

They lacked tolerance for others and their views

As I said

They may well all have been atheists but the real contributing factor in those deaths is that they were all cünts.

29 minutes ago, Grandad said:

They were openly atheist and responsible for the deaths of millions of people.

They lacked tolerance for others and their views

As I said

Hitler and the Catholic church worked hand in hand, Hitler made many references to being a Catholic in Mein Kampf.

Stalin was without a doubt a poopydoo of the highest order but all Russian leaders usually had claimed to be god's representative on earth and took advantage of that by slaying people at will in very large numbers, Stalin kept the tradition going. He also paved the way for Russia to become a superpower in a few short decades. After, being a third world country.  I'm not making a case for communism as by its very nature it's a corrupt system. 

Every country in the world lacked tolerance of the masses in those times.  

11 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Are the Mods on this site now actually censoring the news?    Or only if it happens to contain subject matter that clashes with their own opinions?

To be fair to the mods, there's a fine line between benign humour and ideologically charged discourse, and this certainly isn't the right board for the latter.

Maintaining the status quo is preferable to hostile and antagonistic cliques when we all share one essential ideological bent.

After all, we're all Wednesday, aren't we?

20 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Some of the irony and double standards running through this thread are breathtaking!

People talking about intolerance and then absolutely slating someone with a slightly different viewpoint to them.

Condemning and in some cases Mods removing posts with any humour aimed at Islam, no matter how mild and yet a couple of weeks earlier, page after page of fairly offensive posts (cloaked in humour) aimed at the Pope and the Catholic church, including Priests molesting choir boys etc etc. Not a peep!

(I am not religious in the slightest by the way so have no axe to grind on that score.)

I issued an amendment to a previous post in this thread where i mistakenly got an American city wrong. I copied and pasted an unattributed paragraph from a  NEWS ARTICLE (not an opinion) to show the actual article i had referred to and low & behold -  gone!!

There have been some brilliant examples of double standards in politics recently. Some of the stalwarts of the Metropolitan left during the referendum, proudly proclaiming their affinity to Democracy, (while they thought they would win) and in the next breath (when they had lost) spouting that the idiots in the North were too stupid to know the facts and shouldn't actually have been allowed to vote in the first place. 

This attitude is constant and unwavering and the fact that people don't see the irony, even as they are writing it on here, would be amusing if it wasn't so pathetic.

What did someone on here say?  "The intolerant are idiots".  Sorry wrong, i have flicked back to check it out. "Your intolerance makes you a idiot" (copied word for word)

Ok, move on!

Double standards indeed as the Brexit were proclaiming that the country would be £350,0000 better off each year, but then dumped the propaganda straight after the vote. 

Both the right and the left deal in double standards.

25 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

To be fair to the mods, there's a fine line between benign humour and ideologically charged discourse, and this certainly isn't the right board for the latter.

Maintaining the status quo is preferable to hostile and antagonistic cliques when we all share one essential ideological bent.

After all, we're all Wednesday, aren't we?

No issue mate with anything offensive (suppose that clearly means different things to different people) but as I said in the post it was a news item, with no input or opinion from me and they deleted it for whatever reason ( you never find out)!

In my book that's censorship, not the moderating of offensive material! 

38 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Ok, move on!

Your post was a news article detailing some lunatic Muslim murdering people in America - that in itself isn't a problem and I doubt any mod would delete the post on those grounds alone. I believe the problem was that you posted about some lunatic Muslim murdering people in a thread on a Sheffield Wednesday football forum about a footballer retiring to concentrate on being a Muslim. 

If you want to chat about murderers then maybe start a thread about murderers or at least try to make it a bit clearer what those murderers have got to do with Helan retiring. Just reading the words 'Muslim' and/or 'racist' isn't really justification for copying and pasting anything you like to do with Muslims or racism.

22 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Double standards indeed as the Brexit were proclaiming that the country would be £350,0000 better off each year, but then dumped the propaganda straight after the vote. 

Both the right and the left deal in double standards.

We haven't come out yet so there is no benefit yet, but yeah I was clumsy with my use of left/right politics. They were both as bad so apologies for the reference. I meant the Metropolitan mob from London Brighton & Bristol not the left per se!

Just now, bigthinrob said:

We haven't come out yet so there is no benefit yet, but yeah I was clumsy with my use of left/right politics. They were both as bad so apologies for the reference. I meant the Metropolitan mob from London Brighton & Bristol not the left per se!

I was probably being to pedantic bloody politics.