JEREMY HELAN RETIRES TO DEVOTE HIMSELF TO RELIGION

12 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Something else I find about atheists - is that they are always damned annoyed when its pointed out they've killed more people than the religious people have.

Understandable i suppose.

Always?

How many people have you actually accused of mass murder then?

8 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Something else I find about atheists - is that they are always damned annoyed when its pointed out they've killed more people than the religious people have.

Enjoy your atheism

Now I know you aren't that dumb so must be trolling.

Out of interest do you think it's OK to laugh at any ideology? Are they all off limit or is religion different?

7 hours ago, Holmes said:

Each to their own I agree, the trouble is with religion is that it poisons everything it touches. 

I wish Helan well and hope that he can influence for the good but I doubt it.  Just wish he was going to university to learn instead.

It's easy to say that when much of the major issues that the modern world suffers from is caused in the name of religion.

However, it is far easier for the people involved in these atrocities to use religion as an excuse that somehow in their mind justifies what they do.

The true followers of these religions do not preach hate or prejudice and followers of many different religions around the world have been influenced by their faith to devote their lives to the betterment of others.

Money and greed is more poisonous than genuine religion and afflicts many in modern society as no doubt Helan has seen first hand in professional football.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Your post was a news article detailing some lunatic Muslim murdering people in America - that in itself isn't a problem and I doubt any mod would delete the post on those grounds alone. I believe the problem was that you posted about some lunatic Muslim murdering people in a thread on a Sheffield Wednesday football forum about a footballer retiring to concentrate on being a Muslim. 

If you want to chat about murderers then maybe start a thread about murderers or at least try to make it a bit clearer what those murderers have got to do with Helan retiring. Just reading the words 'Muslim' and/or 'racist' isn't really justification for copying and pasting anything you like to do with Muslims or racism.

No Mate sorry, not the case and i have already responded to the same accusation.

I was responding directly to a specific quote (which i made clear earlier) to someone else who brought Racism into the equation way before i became involved and i highlighted the one sided aspect to disprove it is all from one direction. The thread had already descended into the Racism debate when i became involved.  

The story from America where a Muslim quizzed people as to their religious beliefs and then stabbed the ones who weren't Muslim proves that Racism in its truest sense is at least as virulent and arguably much worse among some Muslims as the worst elements over here.

Chances are, if the 'Racist' statement hadn't already been made when i joined the debate, i would probably have stuck with wishing him well and saying (as i did) i always thought he was capable of doing a job for us especially when trying to run down the clock as an example. (One of the PC sheep even negged me for that)  :laugh:   BAAAAA!!!

I'll reiterate. I was responding to a comment/comments calling people racist on here and i used the news clip (now deleted for some strange reason) purely to show that Racism isn't solely the preserve of 'idiots' on here. (As described by our venerable leader of Owlstalk).

I didn't turn the JH thread into a Racism thread, i responded to someone who had already brought it into the equation as i said. 

7 hours ago, Holmes said:

Yours is even more bizzare the list you provided is examples of actual issues which can be shown to exist.

There is not any evidence of the supernatural, if we are to take religion seriously then all the myths of other so called  gods should be taken seriously.  If someone was to claim that Zesus was the god, he would be ridiculed, but his belief is as strong as any other religous believer. Would you give the Zesus beliver the same credance as a christian or muslim believer? 

is zesus the lovechild of Zeus and jesus

8 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Enjoy your atheism

Well, thats typical propaganda put out by religious zealots. -They are always damned annoyed when its pointed out they've killed more people than the atheist people have.

Enjoy your religion

On Mao, yes he was an absolutely brutal dictator responsible for the deaths of millions, but the vast majority of those who died under his rule was through famines caused by the complete economic mismanagement of such a vast country. It had absolutely nothing to do with religion or atheism and is ridiculous to suggest so.

Also completely ridiculous to suggest that Corbyn or any of his team admire Mao..

Guest Deleted member
16 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Always?

How many people have you actually accused of mass murder then?

Did you miss the list?

38 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

Just to clarify. 

Atheists aren't against religion. The term just means you don't believe in a God.

Nothing more. We're all born Atheist. 

If people are anti-theist or anti-religious that's a different things all together.  

I may be wrong (frequently are).

But aren't Atheists decidedly non worshipping and unbelieving and Agnostics the ones who decide not to bother and choose to not believe either way.

Haven't really put that very well.

Atheists have made a conscious decision that they don't believe in God and Agnostics don't really give a f**k either way.

Not much better really!!!

19 minutes ago, robswfc said:

On Mao, yes he was an absolutely brutal dictator responsible for the deaths of millions, but the vast majority of those who died under his rule was through famines caused by the complete economic mismanagement of such a vast country. It had absolutely nothing to do with religion or atheism and is ridiculous to suggest so.

Also completely ridiculous to suggest that Corbyn or any of his team admire Mao..

John Mcdonnell has a copy of Mao's little Red book.   

( or is it a Whoosh situation i have missed)

5 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I may be wrong (frequently are).

But aren't Atheists decidedly non worshipping and unbelieving and Agnostics the ones who decide not to bother and choose to not believe either way.

Haven't really put that very well.

Atheists have made a conscious decision that they don't believe in God and Agnostics don't really give a f**k either way.

Not much better really!!!

No Athiest just means you have no God. Believe in no God. Like Asexual means you have no sexual feelings.

Agnostic is kind of sitting on the fence. You've decided there's no way of knowing and don't commit to being a Theist or an Atheist.

Edited by Donny.Owl

1 minute ago, Donny.Owl said:

No Athiest just means you have no God. Believe in no God. Like Asexual means you have no sexual feelings.

Agnostic is kind of sitting in the fence. You've decided there's no way of knowing and don't commit to being a Theist or an Atheist.

I'm confused.

lol

33 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

No Mate sorry, not the case and i have already responded to the same accusation.

I was responding directly to a specific quote (which i made clear earlier) to someone else who brought Racism into the equation way before i became involved and i highlighted the one sided aspect to disprove it is all from one direction. The thread had already descended into the Racism debate when i became involved.  

The story from America where a Muslim quizzed people as to their religious beliefs and then stabbed the ones who weren't Muslim proves that Racism in its truest sense is at least as virulent and arguably much worse among some Muslims as the worst elements over here.

Chances are, if the 'Racist' statement hadn't already been made when i joined the debate, i would probably have stuck with wishing him well and saying (as i did) i always thought he was capable of doing a job for us especially when trying to run down the clock as an example. (One of the PC sheep even negged me for that)  :laugh:   BAAAAA!!!

I'll reiterate. I was responding to a comment/comments calling people racist on here and i used the news clip (now deleted for some strange reason) purely to show that Racism isn't solely the preserve of 'idiots' on here. (As described by our venerable leader of Owlstalk).

I didn't turn the JH thread into a Racism thread, i responded to someone who had already brought it into the equation as i said. 

So you were basically using the article to make the point that some Muslims are racist too, even though nobody whatsoever said that only non-Muslims are racist?