JEREMY HELAN RETIRES TO DEVOTE HIMSELF TO RELIGION

Just now, bigthinrob said:

I'm confused.

Put it this way. If you'd never been taught of any of the many Gods  (there's been many and still are a fair few kicking about) then you'd have no God in your life so you wouldn't be a theist.  If you're not a theist then by default you're a an atheist.

The word wouldn't need to exsist of course and maybe the fact that it does is what confuses people like Grandad. 

Guest Deleted member
13 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

John Mcdonnell has a copy of Mao's little Red book.   

( or is it a Whoosh situation i have missed)

He doesnt now. He gave it to George Osborne. It was his personal signed copy too.

Guest Deleted member

Ive noticed a distinct shift towards aggression from the atheists on this thread.

its only a matter of time before they start with the genocide

6 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Religion is not a race 

That's been covered by the mods.

Some people were liking all Muslims to extremists and bombers apparently. Which while not technically "racist" it is being prejudiced and against site rules.

Edited by Donny.Owl

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So you were basically using the article to make the point that some Muslims are racist too, even though nobody whatsoever said that only non-Muslims are racist?

Yes i suppose i was. 

But while we're on the subject, have you ever heard though, anyone ever call a Muslim Racist, because i can't recall hearing it, so basically just wanted to add some balance to the argument, because whatever you say, the implication even if unsaid, both on here and in the media is that it is always from one direction only.

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Yes i suppose i was. 

But while we're on the subject, have you ever heard though, anyone ever call a Muslim Racist, because i can't recall hearing it, so basically just wanted to add some balance to the argument, because whatever you say, the implication even if unsaid, both on here and in the media is that it is always from one direction only.

I blame Harry Styles.

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

Stalin - 10 million

Pol Pot - 2.5 million

Mao - 50 million (someone who McDonnell and Corbyn admire)

Mussolini - 2.5 million

Do you want me to go on?

Wheres your evidence that those four were Atheist 

All may well have been non theist but every time this argument arises these four ( and usually Hitler as well until Dawkins shot down that lie ) are brought up in a simplistic way .

It can easily be argued that Communist Societies are not Atheist at all merely replacing formal religion with the cult of the one party state creating a de facto religion  

I've yet to hear anyone Atheist starting an Atheist Crusade or killing anyone in the name of Atheism

Unless of course Grandad can find another really funny cartoon 

I am absolutely certain that there will be any number of killers through history who happened to be atheist 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

24 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

John Mcdonnell has a copy of Mao's little Red book.   

( or is it a Whoosh situation i have missed)

17 minutes ago, Grandad said:

He doesnt now. He gave it to George Osborne. It was his personal signed copy too.

Tiresome really.. It was a stupid mistake by McDonnell to try to suggest Osborne as sucking up to communists- thinking he could beat the Tories at their own jeering abuse. 
Any sensible person knows that neither Osborne or McDonnell is anything resembling a communist, and that China is now overwhelmingly capitalist rather than communist. Unfortunately we are now starting to see the cracks in capitalism as an economic system as we did with the communist states. Both are economic extremes. Corbyn and McDonnell's position is bang in the middle of those two extremes, which is exactly why its so appealing to so many people

Guest Deleted member

"The list of atheist dictators who killed people was well before the 1970's"

"Ive never known of an atheist crusade"

Weren't the crusades in the 11th century?

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

"The list of atheist dictators who killed people was well before the 1970's"

"Ive never known of an atheist crusade"

Weren't the crusades in the 11th century?

How many of your atheist dictators were killing in the name of Atheism ?

The answer you are looking for is none 

Where is the evidence that any of those you care name were in fact atheist ?

They led mainly communist states that were undoubtedly non theist again wheres the evidence that they were actively Atheist

Non theist and anti religion does not automatically mean Atheist 

I am Atheist because i know there is no such thing as god i am not anti religion

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I am Atheist because i know there is no such thing as god i am not anti religion

How do you actually KNOW there is no God?

prove it