We're going backwards, shocking tactics... Time to go Carlos

4 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

But this keeps happening - we were shocking in the first half, something that was an issue last season.  We were toilet against Wigan until Fletcher scored...CC is making life very hard for himself.

With the money spent and the talent available, it shouldn't be happening as regularly as it is.

At the moment he is struggling to decide on his best lineup and where players should play... and its causing problems, especially when you factor in we tend to start slowly.

CC bought himself time tonight and the team showed a lot of cojones to get the points but its a results based business - what is frustrating people is the fact we seem to be making such a meal of things this term when we really shouldn't be with the quality we have.

I just wish he would pick the best side and stick with it...something I am sure most people here would also like to see.

It's happened more than anyone would like I agree with that, let me add this though, how often has CC read the situation and rectified it during the game, many times he's managed to change things up and turn things around, great coaches do this.

I agree, he's making hard work of selections, we have an abundance of talent in some positions and he's undoubtably trying to accommodate people out of position.

In terms of buying himself time tonight, I disagree, I think he's got plenty of time still, like you say, this is a results based business and tonight, by hook or by crook we got the result.

Finally, just one for the OP........ 170 posts, negative 429, maybe its time for you to go?

Edited by Morepork

8 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

But this keeps happening - we were shocking in the first half, something that was an issue last season.  We were toilet against Wigan until Fletcher scored...CC is making life very hard for himself.

With the money spent and the talent available, it shouldn't be happening as regularly as it is.

At the moment he is struggling to decide on his best lineup and where players should play... and its causing problems, especially when you factor in we tend to start slowly.

CC bought himself time tonight and the team showed a lot of cojones to get the points but its a results based business - what is frustrating people is the fact we seem to be making such a meal of things this term when we really shouldn't be with the quality we have.

I just wish he would pick the best side and stick with it...something I am sure most people here would also like to see.

And we erm, got the points...............................

I wouldn't say we were shocking in the first half either, not as fluid granted but on that surface after the deluge it could have been worse. I hope CC is here at the end of the season, it is clear to see what he is trying to build and it will come together. Saturday will no doubt see a different line up, players back from injury, Hutch on a ban, newbies given a chance. Doesn't mean CC doesn't know his best line up it simplies means players can get back in their normal positions instead of being used as cover.

There are several people in this thread getting 20+ negs and the all have a couple of hundred posts at most. I wonder why this is:

1) Multiple log ons from the same guy trying to start and argument?

2) Johnny come latelies who only took an interest when it started going well and are throwing the dummy out as soon as there is a wobble.

3) Just a coincidence? They would have been here regardless of what happened last season?

Full credit to the lads last night. Showed massive character to come back from 2-0 down to get the win. 

I thought 2-0 flattered Bristol in the first half because neither team created much but they looked so dangerous on set pieces. Their striker has to be one of the best players I've seen at Hillsborough for years. How many players has Tom Lees in his back pocket for 90 mins?

great signs for us though that were only playing for 45 minutes recently and still getting wins. It's all coming to together nicely and the biggest plus I got out of the game last night (apart from 3 points) was the performance of Adam Reach. He looked absolutely fantastic at LB and LW. 

Tactically he's got more right than he's ever got wrong- and, again showed his adaptability and positivity with a couple of the substitutions last night which in the end turned the game. Things will come good. On another positive note I like the character we have showed in our last few games, not sure last season that we'd gave have got 7 points from the positions we've been in in the last three games. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Always makes me laugh when people on here say "Carlos doesn't know his best team" and "Carlos should play the best team & stick with it"!

Then on an open forum on here people are totally unable to agree on a line up, throw their two penneth in and come up with 50 different permutations of what they think the starting side should be, yet they all expect Carlos to come up with an instant winning formula and settled side.

There seems to be the usual Moronic tendency on here, who consistently seem to enjoy embarrassing themselves, but slightly more disturbingly, there seems to be a 'second tier' that are seemingly just waiting to pounce and jump on the bandwagon when things are not totally going to plan.  " Yeah the OP was a bit over the top BUT --   ---  ---"  (Insert any generic bog standard moan as to why CC is incapable of managing).

They tentatively stick their heads above the parapet for a quick hatchet job on CC when things don't look so rosy, and when they are made to look rather stupid, quickly withdraw their previous point of view, maybe try & qualify what they said and then lie low and wait for their next opportunity.

Maybe a period of complete f****n silence from the moronic tendency might be in order, until we are in the inevitable relegation dogfight  that these geniuses predict under CC and then maybe they can have their day. 

11 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

You bring in the players to mould the side, it's not as simple as instant coffee.

Its a results based business though CC has bought himself time - but if can't learn and mould the side, DC will eventually bring in someone who he thinks can.

We have more quality than last season yet we are playing worse..Birmingham will be a real test to see if we can kick on.

Again, I do wonder if some coaches over-complicate things tactically, and also buy into the 'one player, many positions' ideal a bit too heavily.

To a layman, it always seems simple: play your best players AND play them in their best positions.

There's a few slightly surprising selection decisions so far this season, such as Hutch in central defence. He can play there, and do a decent job, BUT with Hutch there's always going to be that wild kamikaze tendency, which isn't really what you need in the box. It's more a question of 'how many red cards' he's going to get in a season, rather than 'will he get a red'. Of course, with an injury to Loovens, it may well have been a case of needs must, but then again surely that's more of a failure in transfer policy than anything else?

Same thing with Abdi. His 'best' position is central, behind the frontman/men. Indeed, its even rumored that one of the main reasons he came here was to play in his best position. So, where have we played him so far this season?

Fessi is another. Where is he most effective? Where do we play him? etc.

I'm betting that every single person on this forum would be able to write down the best position for every player on the clubs books, and I'm also betting that 90+% would give the same answers.

Which, if correct, begs the question.

Why over-complicate things?

CC deserves time to sort the team out. He overachieved last season. Expecting promotion this season is silly. He is a good manager, but like someone else said, we have too many CM for the formation he wants to use to work. We have absolutely no width. All any team has to do is hit us on the flanks and cross in the ball and we will concede. Hopefully loovens will get fit, then hutch can go back to destroying everyone in the middle of the park alongside Jones (when he's settled in). Batman (haha bannan, autocorrect) is getting bullied. Then when fletcher finds his form, drop hooper, and switch FF between the LM and ST positions. Keeps more people happy, and sheds the weight of the under performers. 

Last season teams didn't know what to expect from us. Now every single team in the championship knows what to expect and how to beat us. Something needs doing about it, and I'm confident CC will do something. 

Edited by NI22A22A-owl
Bannan autocorrect to batman.

10 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Its a results based business though CC has bought himself time - but if can't learn and mould the side, DC will eventually bring in someone who he thinks can.

We have more quality than last season yet we are playing worse..Birmingham will be a real test to see if we can kick on.

Hang one-contentcommentid="6913980" data-ipsquote-contentid="245267" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-timestam

Edited by Morepork

15 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Hang on, we currently have 5 points more than at this stage last season. We have plenty of new signings to integrate, performances will improve. I just don't see DC being overly concerned at the moment.