OFFICIAL AIDEN MCGEADY FAN CLUB ALL PURPOSE THREAD

He's been a decent player in his time but didn't have the application we needed. Square peg in a round hole.

He showed he still has something but definitely not the answer we were looking for.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

He wasn't what we needed at the time but I was fine with the signing as he was cover for Matias while Marco was injured!

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I don't think he was as awful as some are suggesting, just looked really rusty. He did show that he had some talent but not often enough and didn't track back

neither do i .....he showed some flashes of brilliance the goal at forest was a good un and the one against rovrum that was wrongly chalked off was a great piece of skill ....didnt do enough to earn a permanent but wasnt the car crash that some think he was.

7 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

He wasn't what we needed at the time but I was fine with the signing as he was cover for Matias while Marco was injured!

He was what we needed bit just didn't have the attitude. A fit raring to go McGeady is a valuable prospect, but he's a long way  from it unfortunately

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

:rolleyes: I got mullered by the likes of you, SIJ & daveyboy for saying so at the time.

No you bloody did not! I said he was garbage at the time as I'd watched every Everton match.

6 hours ago, zzmdu said:

:rolleyes: I got mullered by the likes of you, SIJ & daveyboy for saying so at the time.

He played well in our best away performance last season at Forest...you could see what he had to offer if he had wanted to work harder...he wanted to cruise through the season waiting for the Euro's

52 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

He played well in our best away performance last season at Forest...you could see what he had to offer if he had wanted to work harder...he wanted to cruise through the season waiting for the Euro's

Apology accepted. 

23 hours ago, steveger said:

He should retire

Let me throw this at you.    You can earn just south of half a million a season after tax for a few years yet, but you decide not to bother and retire.

Let me think.

Hard decision, really hard.