Early Bird Pay on the Day

On 23 July 2016 at 16:46, Hawkeye said:

To be fair, doing this would completely negate the point of committing to season tickets. 

There's already the membership saving of £5 a game, so there are ways to get a reasonable match day price. 

And I have full sympathy for those who can't afford or justify either the season ticket or membership. The POTG rates are very unreasonable. 

I don't think they should be a discount for POTD, but think the club should release what categories each game will be given at the start of the season. For those who can't afford/unwilling to pay for cat A games will aleast be able to plan when to attend a cat e/f/g game. Plus it would help members determine whether a £50 membership is worth it. Thirdly it would allow all to work out the actual POTD price average which would likely stop many banging on about tickets costing 47 quid. 

I guess though the club is unwilling to do this, as the whole point of having some many categories is to determine the prices based on results and therefore perceived demand. Just a thought DC.

2 hours ago, robster_owl said:

ST holder by any chance? Also, not many of the 'disgruntled n thoroughly shafted brigade' are "screaming" for big name signings as you put it - those of us who have this issue are actually quite level headed and know how economies of scale, increased expenditure versus income works...

I for one wouldn't be crestfallen to see us go back to mid table Championship but more affordable for all, as I thought we saw ourselves as a 'Family, Community & Inclusive' club, even recently? Then wait for that one season fluke that we get up but then again, I've also never hugely understood the clamour for the Premiership anyway, due to how it's all panned out.

I love football as a game, not the visiting the top PL sides to send a selfie to all and sundry that I've been to the best sides... sometimes, football is more than just the opposition.

When you highlighted Ben's point about"stick to the back teeth", did you really not think of black jacks and fruit salads?

14 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Yeah but that's doesn't state the multi million investmen they get pumped in

The problem isn't just pricing at our club though is it? Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, Man city etc will all receive similar amounts of money in terms of sponsorship in comparison to Bayern. They also receive far more in terms of TV revenue, however they're still rinsing fans dry with extautionate ticket prices why? Because everyone else is doing so and football is no longer about the fans in this country. 

On 23/07/2016 at 16:20, SouthStandParty said:

The blacks and Irish in the 1960's were better treated than our POTD supporters.

On 23/07/2016 at 16:29, daveyboy66 said:

shut up you stupidtwat...get a grip

GYCljJT.gif

Ben Owl is right , he knows it all 

Out of around 30 in our boozer 7-8 were going to the Villa game buzzing after the season end 

Not one including myself are going now !

Take that or leave it, but it's fact .

keep up the campaign for higher prices Ben 

11 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

There's been a cap suggested but as far as I'm aware no numbers have been spoken about.

Why would the club cap ST holders at 20k? I thought the whole point is to get the as many ST holders as possible, to get the guaranteed revenue in prior to the start of the season?

If that's max attendance then you look to increase capacity

Edited by Stevelknievel

5 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

Why would the club cap ST holders at 20k? I thought the whole point is to get the as many ST holders as possible, to get the guaranteed revenue in prior to the start of the season?

If that's max attendance then you look to increase capacity

The club haven't said 20k, somebody stated a false fact and it's been run with 

41 minutes ago, the monk said:

Out of around 30 in our boozer 7-8 were going to the Villa game buzzing after the season end 

Not one including myself are going now !

you can add me and 5 or 6 lads I know to that.

It may change once the season starts but the POTD prices (plus the posts on here from those that justify them) mean I have no intention of going to any upcoming home games

Guest Ash76
9 hours ago, Grandad said:

Except he's said he intends to cap the season tickets at 20k

Next theory?

No he hasn't, he hasn't revealed a figure the cap

this thread highlights what the club are up against, a large number of fans only want to go 4 games a season but for as little as possible. 

Support your club, it's £150 over the next 20 months 

Edited by Ash76

2 hours ago, Ash76 said:

this thread highlights what the club are up against, a large number of fans only want to go 4 games a season but for as little as possible. 

Touche.

There's more proof right there. Yet another ignoramus post that doesn't deserve any further in depth justification, to somebody such as yourself.

Guest Ash76
7 hours ago, nilsson said:

What's this £150 figure?

It's £116 (as a minimum) to buy a membership and tickets for the Villa and Leeds games

No one will buy a membership for 4 games, £150 is an estimate to go to 4

£150 to put in to the club you love over a 10 month period is not a lot 

21 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

http://mobile.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/owls-launch-new-season-membership-3186055.aspx

"

With record Season Ticket sales of circa 20,000, the club will be introducing a cap next term, therefore a new benefit for Members this campaign is priority to buy 2017/18 Season Tickets.**"

You watch that 20,000 plummet back down to earth if Wednesday don't get promoted.

31 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

No one will buy a membership for 4 games, £150 is an estimate to go to 4

£150 to put in to the club you love over a 10 month period is not a lot 

Actually until the recent price hike I bought the membership for ticket priority the ticket discount was a bonus ,

I saw Wednesday 8 times last year which was quite a lot for me but only twice at Hillsborough. 

As for £150 is not a lot well that is relative isn't it. 

9 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Wrong!

Fans want to go to however many games they want/can without being ripped off.

18 hours ago, robster_owl said:

Not strictly true, as my own matrix earlier in the thread of how many games I need to attend, before I am actually seeing a positive upward trend in the offset of the £50 membership fee, is 11 games onwards. This will be the same for whoever, however many they come / bring with them, in that anybody not able to even see the Membership as fitting to their lifestyle, life situation etc, CANNOT make a benefit from it if 10 games or under. (5 for Juniors like with my 6 yr old).

So the one's who can attend say 11 - 15 this season, are that bit better off offer wise. Also there is talk of something similar to a half ST or something, with somewhere in the region of 10 games if memory serves me correct and was mentioned at the Steering evening. Again the higher # attending POTG'ers with a Membership will probably find that a better option, if it actually comes to fruition.

It still always points back to the Non Feasible ST and Non Feasible Membership POTG'ers who for whatever reason, adding that they should NOT ever have to justify to no ****er as to why it's not feasible for them; are the one's utterly shafted by this whole ticket pricing strategy.

I, we and they have a right to feel totally trodden on by the club, thrown to the kerb and utterly ignored - even when the idiots were designing this inclusive to all past, present and future SWFC Supporters... the more I write about it, the more than enough still don't seem to be able to see the real issue and the more that I realise it's actually downright disgusting behaviour of the club for this section of it's fan base.

My point was Robster, that for fans who only ever want to attend 2-3 high profiles games a season, the price is less relevant

(if prices are £10 over what they should be), the this customer is only getting fleeced 20-30 all season (no biggy, like me buying a concert ticket)

The over priced tickets hit those large sections of fans who can only/want to attend 10-15 games a season. This are the fans that are paying £100-£150 too much.

I feel sympathy for the 10-15 game lot, not too bothered about the former lot.