Early Bird Pay on the Day

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

thousands boycotted last season...and refused on principle not to attend Wembley...didn't they ? 

It's like saying that you only feel the most aggrieved when you're burgled the once and if it happens several times, you would be only the same level of aggrieved or less... those kind of numbers just don't stack up in real life experiences and nor do the clubs on the price point of the POTG for that matter, whichever way some will try to paint it.

The Wembley occasion could be the ONE time we're in that position for the next 20 years, who knows but it's quite possible.

The POTG pricing is more than a singular occasion, is it not?

It's even at an immoral consistently enough level when it's all stripped back to the bare bones of the reasoning or structure, that the club have now created for this group of supporters. Yet a big enough proportion of our wider fan base, just cannot seem to grasp why so many of the POTG supporters are utterly perplexed and mightily peeved, for the 'disparaging level in pricing for POTG'.

2 hours ago, Gilles De Bilde said:

Season ticket prices WILL rocket when we get to the premier league

Or...we might do what Stoke have done when the TV money is such that tickets are not the only main revenue...mind you the same people would find something else to knock the club with...go figure

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Or...we might do what Stoke have done when the TV money is such that tickets are not the only main revenue...mind you the same people would find something else to knock the club with...go figure

Think with the way the club have acted last 12 months with trying to squeeze every penny out of supporters I have a feeling chances of season tickets coming down or staying the same if we go up are slim.

10 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think with the way the club have acted last 12 months with trying to squeeze every penny out of supporters I have a feeling chances of season tickets coming down or staying the same if we go up are slim.

In all fairness, whilst i make no mistake about my disgust at the POTG pricing for those that even membership doesn't financially work; i can't see DC alienating 20k of possibly in his own eyes 'most loyal', can you?

I could be wrong but it's not all bad with him, far from it but he has made some gaffs that needn't have happened.

4 minutes ago, Tas said:

28 in a comparable view to our south stand though.

Wrong.

£28 is for the family stand where I guess you have to take some kids along with you.

There are two other price categories, Standard and Premium. Standard is behind each goal, £32, and Premium is down both sides, £37.

There is nothing left for you to get wrong on this subject now.

On 7/25/2016 at 07:59, the monk said:

Ben Owl is right , he knows it all 

Out of around 30 in our boozer 7-8 were going to the Villa game buzzing after the season end 

Not one including myself are going now !

Take that or leave it, but it's fact .

keep up the campaign for higher prices Ben 

All about priorities then, me i`d put being at the game before a  session in the pub.

Doesn't make me right or you, difference is I dont stand outside the pub , sagging off the landlord about the price of his ale.  

Went on the Villa thread the other day.  Hijacked by the morally outraged POTG crew.

Decided to have a gander on here to see if the OP was still getting a kicking for his suggestion and guess what?  Hijacked by the morally outraged POTG crew. 

Same mob to a man!

Seems to have turned from a genuine grievance about ticket prices to almost a social justice/equality issue.

At least the villa fans have upheld all your complaints and boycotted it in their droves.                   Oh           hang on!!!!!!

Ps If you want to make a point and refuse to go. Don't bloody go! Just please stop whining on here about how unfair it is. Life's unfair and all the whinging is spoiling my anticipation of what could be the best season for a long long time even allowing for the debatable shirt!! 

I have bitten my tongue for a while, but when i see DC being described as a 'Rob Dog', sorry, a step too far.

Ps when demand outstrips supply again, like i said it would during a similar discussion last year, please don't start crying how unfair it all is that you have no priority points because you refused to go to any matches.  DC has been open and clear what his strategy is and as far as i can see, discussed it in detail at the recent Steering group.  

If you genuinely can't afford it then i have sympathy, i've been there, but can't see the argument that for instance £38.00 or £36.00 would be acceptable but £42.00 is not. 

PPs Don't throw the "I'm allright Jack" bit at me either. Like i said i've seen hard times where i couldn't have scraped together a fiver for a match never mind £40.00, but i just didn't go until i managed to pull myself back round or made alternate sacrifices to allow it. 

Sick of bloody hearing about it!! 

But it's nearly 50 quid.

I'm not even mad, I'm more like a horse watching a coach go by in the wild.... Just like... Wow... What's that? 

I'm impressed almost... 50 quid. 

It took about 15 years to get from 20 to 26 and it's taken 6 years to get from 26 to 49.

it'll be 382 quid by 2022.

9 hours ago, Wally1990 said:

But would pay £90 to go to Wembley shambles mate. 

If you don't understand  the reasons that people find money for the biggest game in a generation and not for crappy 2nd division  football you are not a football fan.

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Went on the Villa thread the other day.  Hijacked by the morally outraged POTG crew.

Decided to have a gander on here to see if the OP was still getting a kicking for his suggestion and guess what?  Hijacked by the morally outraged POTG crew. 

Same mob to a man!

Seems to have turned from a genuine grievance about ticket prices to almost a social justice/equality issue.

At least the villa fans have upheld all your complaints and boycotted it in their droves.                   Oh           hang on!!!!!!

Ps If you want to make a point and refuse to go. Don't bloody go! Just please stop whining on here about how unfair it is. Life's unfair and all the whinging is spoiling my anticipation of what could be the best season for a long long time even allowing for the debatable shirt!! 

I have bitten my tongue for a while, but when i see DC being described as a 'Rob Dog', sorry, a step too far.

Ps when demand outstrips supply again, like i said it would during a similar discussion last year, please don't start crying how unfair it all is that you have no priority points because you refused to go to any matches.  DC has been open and clear what his strategy is and as far as i can see, discussed it in detail at the recent Steering group.  

If you genuinely can't afford it then i have sympathy, i've been there, but can't see the argument that for instance £38.00 or £36.00 would be acceptable but £42.00 is not. 

PPs Don't throw the "I'm allright Jack" bit at me either. Like i said i've seen hard times where i couldn't have scraped together a fiver for a match never mind £40.00, but i just didn't go until i managed to pull myself back round or made alternate sacrifices to allow it. 

Sick of bloody hearing about it!! 

Spoiled it for you?

:ghoulguy: