Early Bird Pay on the Day

Due to work commitments I have no idea when I can make a game. I go whenever its clear that I can attend. A membership is of no use to me because as I say, I have no idea how many games I can make so, I have no idea whether it will equal value for money for myself.

I don't care who we're playing the only team i'm interested in watching are Wednesday so, the opposition don't determine the games I can attend. I just find it a real shame that the club clearly don't care about POTG supporters, I've had season tickets before, and they're a great idea with a top saving however, there are literally thousands of fans for whatever reason who can't commit to a season ticket, it doesn't make them any less of a fan as some seem to imply, it just means their circumstances are significantly different to other individuals.

I fell the best way for the club to encourage fans to make some sort of commitment is a block booking ticket. Taking my own circumstances into consideration I've never attended less than 6 games in a season, my issue is I don't know which 6 games i can attend. So why not have block bookings starting at 4 games, a 4 game ticket which allows access to a maximum of one category A game to prevent the cherry pickers taking advantage, if the holder wants to attend a second category A game a supplementation of £10 for each further cat A game will be required on the day of the game. Price the ticket at £100 for 4 games on the Kop, £120 for the north and £140 for the south. Offer 6, 8 and 10 games variables with a similar pricing structure. 

For me it isn't about cherry picking my games, I was at MK dons last season at home, it cost me approx 35 quid to watch us play a bottom 3 team riddled with injuries on a Tuesday night. I feel as though the club are showing a serious lack of common sense with the pricing structure and there surely has to be an alternative.

We need to introduce a reward scheme

4 bought home league games get a free home league game.

This would encourage :

-those who attend 2-3 games to attend 5

-those who attend 4-6 games to attend 10

Rewards loyalty, reduces prices by 20%, increases attendances & match spend & still keeps season tickets the cheapest option.

25 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Due to work commitments I have no idea when I can make a game. I go whenever its clear that I can attend. A membership is of no use to me because as I say, I have no idea how many games I can make so, I have no idea whether it will equal value for money for myself.

I don't care who we're playing the only team i'm interested in watching are Wednesday so, the opposition don't determine the games I can attend. I just find it a real shame that the club clearly don't care about POTG supporters, I've had season tickets before, and they're a great idea with a top saving however, there are literally thousands of fans for whatever reason who can't commit to a season ticket, it doesn't make them any less of a fan as some seem to imply, it just means their circumstances are significantly different to other individuals.

I fell the best way for the club to encourage fans to make some sort of commitment is a block booking ticket. Taking my own circumstances into consideration I've never attended less than 6 games in a season, my issue is I don't know which 6 games i can attend. So why not have block bookings starting at 4 games, a 4 game ticket which allows access to a maximum of one category A game to prevent the cherry pickers taking advantage, if the holder wants to attend a second category A game a supplementation of £10 for each further cat A game will be required on the day of the game. Price the ticket at £100 for 4 games on the Kop, £120 for the north and £140 for the south. Offer 6, 8 and 10 games variables with a similar pricing structure. 

For me it isn't about cherry picking my games, I was at MK dons last season at home, it cost me approx 35 quid to watch us play a bottom 3 team riddled with injuries on a Tuesday night. I feel as though the club are showing a serious lack of common sense with the pricing structure and there surely has to be an alternative.

The amount of games you attend membership makes it cheaper and you would save, the more you attend, the more you save.

The block ticket I cannot see working. Folk would have got their 4 and that's all they'll do. Imagine if we played Manu, all the A tickets would want to be used for that game. Could get over subscribed and some folk waint be happy.

42 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

What does the last sentence mean ?

http://mobile.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/owls-launch-new-season-membership-3186055.aspx

"

With record Season Ticket sales of circa 20,000, the club will be introducing a cap next term, therefore a new benefit for Members this campaign is priority to buy 2017/18 Season Tickets.**"

1 minute ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

The amount of games you attend membership makes it cheaper and you would save, the more you attend, the more you save.

The block ticket I cannot see working. Folk would have got their 4 and that's all they'll do. Imagine if we played Manu, all the A tickets would want to be used for that game. Could get over subscribed and some folk waint be happy.

2 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

There are a lot of individuals in circumstances where a membership simply isn't beneficial me being one of them I wont even break even. 

Its simple enough for the club to monitor availability, a system could be put in place where you register your interest in a game in advance, hence giving the club an idea of how many to expect. Block tickets could also be limited to say 5000 in total. 

Some folk may not be happy but, we're talking cherry pickers who want to attend 2 games a season. The block booking ticket would benefit your average fan who finds themselves in a situation in which they can't attend enough games to warrant the ridiculous membership fee. 

Guest Deleted member
16 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Yes it would be awful to have sold out a game 6 months in advance wouldn't it??

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

The game would still sell out. The less than 5 game folk would be happy as they've queue jumped ahead and got a discount. They will still attend the few games they want and will put no extra money into the club.

They want good signings/ promotion/ the best matches/ no attendance if it's cold or ManU etc on telly but no way are they going to pay en extra few quid for it as that is an outrage.

1 minute ago, the monk said:

I wonder if fans of other clubs ever read this kind of stuff and scratch their heads? 

A a set of fans where a proportion want higher ticket prices!!

unreal 

They don't just want higher they want highest in the country as a sign of

ambition - largely without paying the prices themselves. 

8 minutes ago, the monk said:

I wonder if fans of other clubs ever read this kind of stuff and scratch their heads? 

A a set of fans where a proportion want higher ticket prices!!

unreal 

That's one way of reading it.

But there's also those that rarely attend who expect discounts and find it a disgrace that they expected to pay a few quid extra. (I know of many that bought membership/ foundation without any benefits that season just to Q jump folk that actually attended).

If we want promotion we will have to pay a bit extra. Is it that hard to understand?

Buy membership and attend a few more games to gain extra discount or don't. It's simple really

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Daft as it sounds, if this happened more people would scramble for a season ticket early.   Our capacity means it won't though.

However here are my thoughts - 

1) as I suggested but got laughed off on here - CC has since day 1 been trying to condition fans into seeing that season ticket is the only way forward for cheaper tickets.

2) To achieve the above, he makes himself into a villain by overpricing pay on the gate tickets.   He doesn't want to do it, and knows in many ways he's shooting himself in the foot by losing revenue for some matches for the first few years, but the end result?  A much higher % of season ticket sales compared to every single year previously.

3) Maybe by season 4 or 5, match day prices will be less inflated - but he will have achieved what he set out - get fans into buying season tickets, and buying them early.   We may just see 25k to 27k season ticket holders if we hit the top flight.    THAT would be awesome.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

http://mobile.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/owls-launch-new-season-membership-3186055.aspx

"

With record Season Ticket sales of circa 20,000, the club will be introducing a cap next term, therefore a new benefit for Members this campaign is priority to buy 2017/18 Season Tickets.**"

Ee, it's easier than herding sheep into a pen.

5 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Daft as it sounds, if this happened more people would scramble for a season ticket early.   Our capacity means it won't though.

1) as I suggested but got laughed off on here - CC has since day 1 been trying to condition fans into seeing that season ticket is the only way forward for cheaper tickets.

2) To achieve the above, he makes himself into a villain by overpricing pay on the gate tickets.   He doesn't want to do it, and knows in many ways he's shooting himself in the foot by losing revenue for some matches for the first few years, but the end result?  A much higher % of season ticket sales compared to every single year previously.

3) Maybe by season 4 or 5, match day prices will be less inflated - but he will have achieved what he set out - get fans into buying season tickets, and buying them early.   We may just see 25k to 27k season ticket holders if we hit the top flight.    THAT would be awesome.

3) If we get to the Prem the tv money will mean that the season tickets can be set at a level everyone can afford...I think that is his aim a full house of season ticket holders and members

Guest Deleted member
7 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Except he's said he intends to cap the season tickets at 20k

Next theory?

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Except he's said he intends to cap the season tickets at 20k

Next theory?

Things evolve.   Carlos was part of a threesome, now he's manager.    FFP was something we didn't have to worry about, now we do.   

I can't imagine a 20k cap would happen in a 37k+ stadium, especially when it bites hard that the matchday walkup has just been eroded into as a lot of them just bought a season ticket they haven't done previously for quite some time.

Edited by salmonbones

15 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

But there's also those that rarely attend who expect discounts and find it a disgrace that they expected to pay a few quid extra. (I know of many that bought membership/ foundation without any benefits that season just to Q jump folk that actually attended).

If we want promotion we will have to pay a bit extra. Is it that hard to understand?

Buy membership and attend a few more games to gain extra discount or don't. It's simple really

It's £42 minimum for Villa and £39 for Leeds. Just ponder that and think back when Leeds spanked us. The about turn is breathtaking. 

19 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

There is, 'a bit extra' and there is being royally shafted. Is it that hard to understand?

21 hours ago, robster_owl said:

I didn't allude to every single ST holder, as I didn't choose to say ALL - as that is not indicative of the real situation. Don't get me wrong I have read for myself kind and empathetic down to earth ST holders, feeling the pain of those that aren't in whatever position at present, to make use of ST's or even Membership. However,it's still a loud enough % shooting the Nay-ST'ers down, as if we're some 3rd class fans all of a sudden.

Self-righteousness is a horrid trait and unfortunately OT / S6 has too many of them for my liking. For a brief moment, that cloud lifted to a degree in the run up to Wembley but it didn't last long for the status-quo to be resumed.

You raise a valid point about the ST's in say 2 or 3 seasons time but we shall all see how that pans out won't we.

Hopefully I will be in a position to purchase Membership or a ST then and additionally ask for Membership to the 'S6 ST Crows Nest of HMS Pi5% the League' so I can pour scorn on those 3rd class fans amongst us, from lofty heights to feel included with one's brethren.

To be fair tho, if non ST holders didn't keep having a go a ST holders, then I'm sure there'd be a lot more empathy