Early Bird Pay on the Day

3 hours ago, Tas said:

I have literally just logged onto the OS to see if the ticket prices have been announced as I am out the loop....

2ey9flyjpg.gif

You have to be kidding me, I can't even articulate my thoughts on it.

Do you want to see quality or what !!! 

Read my lips ....,

"quality costs money " 

For potg supporters at least 

With the discord it caused with fans last season, the fact the game is on sky and the fact it's south yorks in a period of unstable economy.

You will never be able to convince me that 45 quid is a sensible price for a ticket.

I was really hoping they would see sense this season after the success of the back end of last season.

It's a South Yorkshire football team who has been out the top flight for over 15 years, with a squad that on paper should finish 9th-5th.

I'm amazed at the lack of vitriol against it.

I don't think we do.

I imagine after last season the POTG crew have been split into 3 factions.

Converted to ST buyers

Peed off and not going unless it's the perfect circumstance, such as boxing day and all your family and friends are in no matter what price etc.

Will stump up £30-50 a few times a season instead of £20-30 as it's affordable 

It's just incredible how expensive it's jumped too - I've gone past annoyed to amazed. £49 on the South, double what I paid for the opener in 2010.

In my 60 years of watching the owls I've lost count of the times it has been uttered "Wouldn't mind paying a bit more if the money went on the pitch"

Well, the players are here and I'm sure that we'll see gates well up this season. If we do nearly as well as we did last year I expect members and season tickets to go in a similar

direction next year.

I know watching professional football is not a cheap hobby, I can accept that.

But the thing I cant get my head round is why we are so expensive, especially in an area like Sheffield.

If is was say £28 on the Kop and £33 on the sides then I can just about understand its expensive but that's the going rate these days. But £42 on the Kop and £49 (yes £49!!!!!!) on the South Stand is daylight robbery. I am embarrassed when family or workmates ask me how much it is for the first game.

9 hours ago, Tas said:

I don't think we do.

I imagine after last season the POTG crew have been split into 3 factions.

Converted to ST buyers

Peed off and not going unless it's the perfect circumstance, such as boxing day and all your family and friends are in no matter what price etc.

Will stump up £30-50 a few times a season instead of £20-30 as it's affordable 

It's just incredible how expensive it's jumped too - I've gone past annoyed to amazed. £49 on the South, double what I paid for the opener in 2010.

You've missed a group:

Seen the light and not going again, full stop.

On 7/24/2016 at 09:55, Grandad said:

The initial post is actually a great idea, and closely follows business plans that work for many many companies

Book early, commit early, for a discount. Why not release the categories for the season now, so people can pick and choose their games, and save some money?

What's wrong with a 20% discount if booked 3 months in advance? 10% 2 months in advance and full price a month from the game??

About the only decent post in the whole tread.

It's done in most industries where you can book in advance and so is a proven mode of getting bums on seats.

Allows those who Can't, Don't want to attend all games (for whatever reason) to give their support to the club in advance and get some benefit from doing so.

On 24 July 2016 at 23:48, nilsson said:

you can add me and 5 or 6 lads I know to that.

It may change once the season starts but the POTD prices (plus the posts on here from those that justify them) mean I have no intention of going to any upcoming home games

But would pay £90 to go to Wembley shambles mate. 

Just now, Wally1990 said:

But would pay £90 to go to Wembley shambles mate. 

There's a massive difference between a one off game at Wembley, and the first home game of the season which is live on TV. £42 to watch villa at home...it was cheaper to go to Wembley.

8 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

In my 60 years of watching the owls I've lost count of the times it has been uttered "Wouldn't mind paying a bit more if the money went on the pitch"

Well, the players are here and I'm sure that we'll see gates well up this season. If we do nearly as well as we did last year I expect members and season tickets to go in a similar

direction next year.

Where do you sit? Who's uttered it?  In my almost 50 years I've never heard it - especially from people paying at least £42 a ticket. 

My take on this is: 

1). Any tickets priced above 40£ is far too much for championship football

2). However, hard to tell at the moment how POTG will pan out as we don't know categories for all games. 

3). Personally think that if POTG for 10 random games works out at circa 30£ per game (for an adult) - with a membership - that seems fair enough. I reckon it was probably not far off this last year.

4). At 30£ (average) for an adult, and 10£ for a kid, that's not unreasonable. 

16 minutes ago, Tas said:

A lot of people will say I wouldn't go anyway but I've not missed an opener in 24 years - I'm not paying that much. Way past being annoyed, just disappointed now.

16 minutes ago, Tas said:

A lot of people will say I wouldn't go anyway but I've not missed an opener in 24 years - I'm not paying that much. Way past being annoyed, just disappointed now.

thousands boycotted last season...and refused on principle not to attend Wembley...didn't they ? 

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

thousands boycotted last season...and refused on principle not to attend Wembley...didn't they ? 

Some tickets were cheaper for Wembley then there are for our Kop!

Wembley was a one off. Like saying why don't you spend £500 every day on your kids, well you did on Xmas day.

1 hour ago, 0wl18 said:

There's a massive difference between a one off game at Wembley, and the first home game of the season which is live on TV. £42 to watch villa at home...it was cheaper to go to Wembley.

This is might not play them at home again for a while. 

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 16:41, Miffed said:

Bit harsh

I've got a s/t and have said in numerous threads that the prices are ridiculous.

I would rather see Hillsborough packed to the rafters every game. Hate the thought of fans being priced out.

I also think all fans should not only show empathy but be very cautious that Season Ticket prices could easily sky rocket in the next few seasons.

Season ticket prices WILL rocket when we get to the premier league