Membership £50

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

the people that can't be bothered to buy season tickets are now making excuses not to buy memberships shock horror. I'm sure there is a package at the Lane that will suit your lot 

ok so you think a 60% rise is ok?

You sir are a Rimmer

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

nobody is being screwed. It's the casual fans using any excuse to justify not going.

For some people I am sure this is true. I will be getting a membership purely as it gets me priority on tickets. For some people a £20 increase in one purchase is just too much.

Just now, acquiescefc said:

ok so you think a 60% rise is ok?

You sir are a Rimmer

£20 more is no big deal especially as they were so underpriced last year. As we have 20k S/T holders next season, obviously the price of the membership needs to rise or the club would not be able to create any benefits with the damn thing. 

3 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

For some people I am sure this is true. I will be getting a membership purely as it gets me priority on tickets. For some people a £20 increase in one purchase is just too much.

If a £20 increase has priced people out I doubt they should be going to watch football in the first place and should concentrate on getting a job.

Edited by Ellis Rimmer

Last season people needed to go to 6 matches to get their money back. This season it is probably between 8-10. That is a big difference when you factor in extra travel costs.

Some people are in the luxurious situation of not having to worry about that, but that is definitely not everyone.

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

If a £20 increase has priced people out I doubt they should be going to watch football in the first place and concentrate on getting a job.

lol

blue touchpaper lit there mr Rimmer. 

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

£20 more is no big deal especially as they were so underpriced last year. As we have 20k S/T holders next season, obviously the price of the membership needs to rise or the club would not be able to create any benefits with the damn thing. 

Its sixty six point 66 per cent.

Its for people who go to 5 to 10 games, its therefore not worth it.

At 20 and 30 its worth it.   Look at the reactions above.

Yes we have 20k ST but theres another 18-19k to fill.  Its a fail for me.

Edited by acquiescefc
fractionn corrections like

17 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'm in the same boat mate.

I think the club have really let a number of supporters down with that membership price.

I'd love to know why they think it justifies a £20 increase.

They probably saw how many people were desperate for Wembley tickets wishing they had bought membership.

2 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Its sixty per cent.

Its for people who go to 5 to 10 games, its therefore not worth it.

At 20 and 30 its worth it.   Look at the reactions above.

Yes we have 20k ST but theres another 18-19k to fill.  Its a fail for me.

it's 60% on something that wasn't very expensive in the first place though, so what does it matter

Love how our "fans" or some can pre empt what the club are gonna do to. 

Like "£10 discount will probably be for the games on sky" Villa is on sky so by that theory you'll be paying £32 on the KOP to watch Wednesday v Villa. Bargain!  

I also saw £64 Wembley tickets swapping hands for £150, people buying ID numbers. 

Here's an idea for those that like to pre empt .... why not pre empt us having a decent season again and put your hand in your pocket before the season starts. 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

it's 60% on something that wasn't very expensive in the first place though, so what does it matter

disagree, obviously.  20 quid on a season ticket is nothing but as ive said.

if they put my flights and my transport costs up by 20 quid each i wont make 14 games this season.  simples

I think its a move that has been well though out by DC. Look at the mad scramble for Wembley Tickets - this is trading off the back of that. A higher price means Members will attend more games to get the financial pay-off. More games attended means more money in gate receipts, more attractive to sponsors (therefore higher premium to advertise) more in matchday spending etc etc.

I reckon we will at least match last years Membership Numbers.

1 minute ago, acquiescefc said:

disagree, obviously.  20 quid on a season ticket is nothing but as ive said.

if they put my flights and my transport costs up by 20 quid each i wont make 14 games this season.  simples

Yeah roger the season ticket holders with there loyal support. 

flipping tail tugging tuggers they are. 

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

As you saw a Wembley, there a literally thousands who are not priced out, but will simply choose not to come if they don't see the price is reasonable.

Clearly with the increase in ST sales, a lot of the semi-regular attenders from last season, many of whom will have been members last year, have "upgraded" to a ST this time. That's great, and will surely help the attendances. Well done club.

But the next step on the scale is getting those who went to 2 or 3 games to come more often. A £20 membership with £5 off a game would tempt loads of people.

£50, they will just not bother...

So everything gained in getting members to be ST's is eroded by failing to replace those members with new non-members.

Hillsborough is definitely a place for the elite supporters only these days. Best hope we get to the Premier League, as the middle and upper class glory fans are going to be the only source of new fans in the future.

Just now, nebneeb said:

As you saw a Wembley, there a literally thousands who are not priced out, but will simply choose not to come if they don't see the price is reasonable.

Clearly with the increase in ST sales, a lot of the semi-regular attenders from last season, many of whom will have been members last year, have "upgraded" to a ST this time. That's great, and will surely help the attendances. Well done club.

But the next step on the scale is getting those who went to 2 or 3 games to come more often. A £20 membership with £5 off a game would tempt loads of people.

£50, they will just not bother...

So everything gained in getting members to be ST's is eroded by failing to replace those members with new non-members.

Hillsborough is definitely a place for the elite supporters only these days. Best hope we get to the Premier League, as the middle and upper class glory fans are going to be the only source of new fans in the future.

well think of this, the price increases were regarded as steep last year, it was apparently a mistake by Chansiri...well he's done the same again. He has the figures, Owlstalk doesn't, so I would suggest that it wasn't the failure many on here thought it was.