Membership £50

Well I think that's me done. I think I missed 5 matches at home last season using my membership card . It was a decent offer for 30 quid for me and 15 quid for my daughter .but now it's 75 pounds for both of us,up 30 pounds. There's just no thought for fans they just think we will pay whatever they charge no thanks that's me out. Might go to the cheapest matches now not the 17 I went to last year. 

1 minute ago, Jackowl1 said:

Well I think that's me done. I think I missed 5 matches at home last season using my membership card . It was a decent offer for 30 quid for me and 15 quid for my daughter .but now it's 75 pounds for both of us,up 30 pounds. There's just no thought for fans they just think we will pay whatever they charge no thanks that's me out. Might go to the cheapest matches now not the 17 I went to last year. 

I think you will find there are many many more like you, and I don't blame you one bit.

21 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I wasn't being literal, you wouldn't phrase it like that.

£50 membership, £5 off apart from £10 for Cat A matches. Cat A matches are Villa, Leeds and Newcastle.

sorted.

Leeds was announced as a Cat B today.

2 minutes ago, Jackowl1 said:

So, you probably should have got a season ticket? 

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Can't understand supporters claiming £50 being too dear when many supporters bought membership at £30 after the regular season had finished last term just to guarantee tickets for Wembley.

Surely you will only have to attend a couple of matches with the extra discount to make this year's membership fee comparable with last season.

Well, they paid the 30 eventually to go to the biggest game the club has played in for about 20 odd years. Is that genuinely surprising?

£50 is a bit of an insult to those who try to make games but can't consistently. 

At a fiver off games on a £30 membership you could guarantee your money back after 6 games and have the perks of priority. 

At an unknown number of £10/£5 games with an increased cost there's uncertainty which causes hesitation in whether to buy. 

I think i'll end up buying but a % increase like that for a product with less reward certainly isn't a good move. 

Makes me laugh when people who can't make more than 4 to 5 games a season are whinging and feel hard done to when they don't get the same benefits as a season ticket holder !

unfortunately it doesn't work like that ! 

6 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

£5 discount & £10 on selected games will soon knock the balance to zero if matches are attended. More money saved if you buy from the shop. Might have gone up in cost but it's still a no brainer especially seeing they've sold 20,000 STs and we have high profile games again

If walk up prices were reasonable, you wouldn't need the membership.

11 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Makes me laugh when people who can't make more than 4 to 5 games a season are whinging and feel hard done to when they don't get the same benefits as a season ticket holder !

unfortunately it doesn't work like that ! 

where are people asking for season ticket benefits?

Members know they are always in the queue after ST.

drama queen

I'll be getting membership. Gets me up the priority list for away tickets which is a big thing for me given I live in London. The £20 difference is a few beers down here these days, and I'd rather the extra went to Wednesday than to a boozer.

I'll be getting one again but, the sole reason I buy a membership is to support the club in some small way. A season ticket isn't an option for me as I live on the other side of the world and the chances of me getting to a game in the foreseeable future are slim and none. I would love to be able to purchase a season ticket to help even more (then donate it to a worthy recipient who can make it to games) but, at the moment I can't justify that expense when I won't be going. However, I make no judgement on anyone that cannot afford the price increase and I can easily understand that the rise from 30 pounds to 50 pounds could mean the difference for some. Seems that there is a distinct lack of empathy from some quarters, are we not all owls? Consider walking a mile in another pair of shoes before shooting off one's mouth. Might be better to remain silent.

Thinking this through it just really saddens me that the club does this. 

I have been a customer of this club in 6 decades I like many on this forum have spent thousands often watching absolute cr4p.

I can afford this membership fee but if I choose to buy it I will feel exploited as a mug punter by a business that should treat me well. 

Furthermore I don't get to many home games anymore and therefore the major reason I was a member was to be able to get tickets to big / away games.  Obviously because there are more season ticket holders now (congratulations to the club on this) there will be more times when being a member will not guarantee a ticket.  This makes being a member less valuable to me. 

I won't be renewing my membership straightaway. If we are looking good later in the season I might be tempted we will see. 

But as of now this greedy unjustified increase means your not getting anything from me Mr. Chansari where you would have had the £30 renewal this weekend. 

I'm unhappy with all of this aswell, I'm a season ticket holder, sit on my own on North Stand. Very often, I'll have to swap seats to be in the company of family or friends, that are able to make probably 2/3+ games each per season. 

To the casual fan, we're basically saying you're not welcome and we're not even trying to help them jump on board by raising the membership prices.

This time last year, we tried to justify the price increase. This year, there's no justification, we didn't get promoted. Fans went to great expense for the Wembley trip and charging £49 for Villa at home or £89 with Membership is a disgrace.