Membership £50

£5 discount & £10 on selected games will soon knock the balance to zero if matches are attended. More money saved if you buy from the shop. Might have gone up in cost but it's still a no brainer especially seeing they've sold 20,000 STs and we have high profile games again

Edited by Paolo Di Catio

I would have got a membership this year. But £50 makes no sense for me. I unfortunately would not be able to get to the 8-11 games to make it worth while. Sadly with travel considered I don't think I will make many thia season again.

2 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

I would have got a membership this year. But £50 makes no sense for me. I unfortunately would not be able to get to the 8-11 games to make it worth while. Sadly with travel considered I don't think I will make many thia season again.

I'm in the same boat mate.

I think the club have really let a number of supporters down with that membership price.

I'd love to know why they think it justifies a £20 increase.

I've got membership the past five or so seasons as I've never known how many games I've been able to attend. It's varied between a lowest of 4 in a season and a highest of 14. It's always been a great option as it allows this flexibility. £50 is too steep for me now and without membership I'll probably go to less games as a result. It's not a moan as I'm aware quality costs money and DC has more than put his own in.

It's really sad that there's so much positivity with the way the club is going on the pitch, but so many fans won't be able to go because of these insane prices for membership and tickets.

It's a spectacular own goal season after season it seems.

Edited by mrgund
fat fingers

For most, this is the stepping stone for getting the most casual and most part time fans to attend more regularly.

£50 is a huge barrier to entry, and I can't see why it benefits the club.

We aren't going to be selling out most games, so give more people an incentive to go to more by getting memberships to more by making them really accessible.

Can't understand supporters claiming £50 being too dear when many supporters bought membership at £30 after the regular season had finished last term just to guarantee tickets for Wembley.

Surely you will only have to attend a couple of matches with the extra discount to make this year's membership fee comparable with last season.

Just now, oldtawnyowl said:

Can't understand supporters claiming £50 being too dear when many supporters bought membership at £30 after the regular season had finished last term just to guarantee tickets for Wembley.

Surely you will only have to attend a couple of matches with the extra discount to make this year's membership fee comparable with last season.

Plenty of fans will have also bought membership last August, like myself.

I think those fans have been treated very unfairly by the club. We've got this very, very wrong IMO.

1 minute ago, nebneeb said:

For most, this is the stepping stone for getting the most casual and most part time fans to attend more regularly.

£50 is a huge barrier to entry, and I can't see why it benefits the club.

We aren't going to be selling out most games, so give more people an incentive to go to more by getting memberships to more by making them really accessible.

Yes, totally agree. Most members who now can't pay that, either not being able to afford it or out of principle will now not bother going to the games. Big mistake this. I'm taking my shoes off as I type.

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

the people that can't be bothered to buy season tickets are now making excuses not to buy memberships shock horror. I'm sure there is a package at the Lane that will suit your lot 

It's the people that live outside of Sheffield that get screwed up by this.

11 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

No... its taking a nice benefit and inflating it massively for those of us who can make 5 to 10 games thus barely 'breaking even' on it.

Yes 10 quid at Villa but how many of those will there be and I can't make it.

I'm guessing the £10 discount matches will be the ones on sky. It's a bit steep taking it from 30 to 50 but I'll still be getting one as it'll still save me cash (just) and if we get to Wembley again the priority it gives you for tickets.