Membership £50

I don't think the membership price is that bad. I moaned about the price of tickets last year and I am surprised at the prices again this year. And disappointed. I had assumed they would put the cat b price from last year as the top price. But I still don't think membership is too bad.

I eventually bought a membership last year after the arsenal match gave an £8 discount but the biggest advantage was the wembley ticket priority. It's for that reason I'll be buying a membership again. I'll probably be neutral in terms of money as I reckon I will attend anywhere in between 8-12 matches and that's after me not being able to go to the first 4 home matches. Its also no way guaranteed we'll go to wembley again but I think paying for priority is worth it.

The 10 pound for some matches looks a nice touch at first glance but only good if you can attend those. For example I won't be going to the villa match. I think this maybe to milk away fans more who have big followings as they will have to pay more. Villa paying 42. Surprised not doing for Leeds as well but will likely do it for Newcastle and maybe local matches.

1 hour ago, joelswfc said:

It's the people that live outside of Sheffield that get screwed up by this.

This. I can make 6 games a season and was going to buy the membership this season to 1) guarantee a potential Wembley ticket if I decide to go and 2) out some money into the Club.

I wouldn't make the £30 back, let alone £50.

I joined the Owls Foundation a couple of months ago to 1) help the academy and 2) it might be a priority category again for any future Wembley ticket.

At £30 I'd have signed up to membership, but not a chance am I paying that sort of increase.

Dreadful decision.

1 hour ago, acquiescefc said:

disagree, obviously.  20 quid on a season ticket is nothing but as ive said.

if they put my flights and my transport costs up by 20 quid each i wont make 14 games this season.  simples

Don't quite understand your point here.

I thought the membership fee was increased by £20 for the FULL SEASON !

Didn't realise that they were charging you £20 pounds extra every time your attended a game.WTF:

2 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Didn't realise that they were charging you £20 pounds extra every time your attended a game.WTF:

You dont understand.  ok let me explain.

A - in 2015 £30 bought you a members card. This entitles you to absolutely nothing whatsoever, unless you buy something like say a ticket.

B - in 2016 £50 will buy you a members card. This entitles you to absolutely nothing whatsoever, unless you buy something like say a ticket.

Difference between A and B.... around 66%

Season tickets however cost 500, This gets you to watch football

increase it to 520 and its a 4% rise and you still get to watch all the football

or you could go to t'lane or get a job or move or some other things.

keep up

3 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

A - in 2015 £30 bought you a members card. This entitles you to absolutely nothing whatsoever, unless you buy something like say a ticket.

B - in 2016 £50 will buy you a members card. This entitles you to absolutely nothing whatsoever, unless you buy something like say a ticket.

increase it to 520 and its a 4% rise and you still get to watch all the football

keep up

no, you missed his point completely

3 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

keep up

well thats not exactly true is it?

9 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

pourquoi?

Well I remember not too long ago some people on here would have killed for someones membership details, and it wasn't to buy discounted tickets. This could be a reason the price has been bumped.

Now please, try and keep up.lol

12 minutes ago, BIG D said:

So this is what the Scrubbes of S2 offer for their membership. 

Is it better value? I don't know, you tell me.

image.jpeg

Money wise. Probably is. After 5 games you save a fiver but get a free ticket. But it's the blades in pub league. The value us at Hillsborough. 

Two seasons ago membership was £20 but the saving of a match ticket was only £2. Same scenario here then that you need to go to 10 matches to break even. Except this time some matches you get a tenner off so it is likely to be less than 10 matches to draw even. It's the priority you're paying for as well. Still don't like the actual match day prices tho.

Looked at derby at start of last season mainly for tickets because their prices are much more reasonable. However the membership not so much in financial terms. They didn't get much discount. The membership is basically a bit of a discount but foremost priority 

I think the main problem now is that you now have to go to eight or nine games for it to be worth it which is another hundred pound in tickets rather than the previous six. I personally expected a five or ten pound rise. 

18 minutes ago, BIG D said:

So this is what the Scrubbes of S2 offer for their membership. 

Is it better value? I don't know, you tell me.

image.jpeg

I would say it's worse, you get to go t'Lane.

They're also a division lower and quite a distance from us on the pitch and in terms of progression. They're attempting to cash in as their product is shittier than ours.

2 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Well I remember not too long ago some people on here would have killed for someones membership details, and it wasn't to buy discounted tickets. This could be a reason the price has been bumped.

Now please, try and keep up.lol

So tell me.  How many times has this happened...ill tell you... once.

Are you so deluded to pay 50 quid for the golden ticket opportunity, like it happens every year. We're always at Wembley.

2 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

disagree, obviously.  20 quid on a season ticket is nothing but as ive said.

if they put my flights and my transport costs up by 20 quid each i wont make 14 games this season.  simples

37 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

29 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Keep up.

Sorry, even more confused now!

Where in your explanation do you refer to your complaint of the membership increase adding

£20 per trip to your costs.

Furthermore, who in their right mind would have paid £30 for membership and then never bought a ticket ?

And,again, surely no one would pay £50 for membership unless they were intending to buy match tickets..

Also why should I go to t'lane, I'm not the one complaining about membership increase.

I'm afraid I find it impossible keep up.  Maybe I'm a bit thick but I find it impossible to follow your logic.

Oh! just a minute, I've just seen where you live! That explains it!  :tango:

Edited by oldtawnyowl

Just now, acquiescefc said:

So tell me.  How many times has this happened...ill tell you... once.

Are you so deluded to pay 50 quid for the golden ticket opportunity, like it happens every year. We're always at Wembley.

I'm not deluded at all and I won't be buying one but I think DC has seen this as another reason to up the price.

If we get to the final again i'll be in the corporate as I had such a good time there this year.

I was only pointing out your error so there's no need to get nasty.