Membership £50

2 minutes ago, nebneeb said:

As you saw a Wembley, there a literally thousands who are not priced out, but will simply choose not to come if they don't see the price is reasonable.

Clearly with the increase in ST sales, a lot of the semi-regular attenders from last season, many of whom will have been members last year, have "upgraded" to a ST this time. That's great, and will surely help the attendances. Well done club.

But the next step on the scale is getting those who went to 2 or 3 games to come more often. A £20 membership with £5 off a game would tempt loads of people.

£50, they will just not bother...

So everything gained in getting members to be ST's is eroded by failing to replace those members with new non-members.

Hillsborough is definitely a place for the elite supporters only these days. Best hope we get to the Premier League, as the middle and upper class glory fans are going to be the only source of new fans in the future.

You're talking rounduns

Just now, KivoOwl said:

Basically, if you can't afford a season ticket, which are already in the top 3 most expensive in the division, then it's not worth going at all.

do you forget that it is a source of entertainment at Hillsborough, the deciding factor in going to the match is whether you want to go at the price of the ticket, not how much other people have paid for their ticket. If you need to go to London next week and your best ticket is £50 you don't not go because someone with a railcard bought their ticket for £30 a few weeks ago.

As an existing member I was buying one anyway, it's effectively an extra £20 over 8 months, that's how I'll look at it. 

It's me buying into DC and the club, I'll be going to enough games to make to get my money back, but not enough to make a ST justifiable, plus the priority above General sale, so it's still a good deal.

The value is still there over a season. It's still good value for what it is and what you get.

But... eeeesh, I really dunno about £50. It doesn't matter to me but I think £50 crosses a mental price barrier that's going to make a lot of people think twice. At £30 I honestly think membership is a no brainer, especially if you're even remotely interested in away games or an event like Wembley. Psychologically £50 looks expensive. Really don't think it's as simple as just a £20 rise, especially not when you start looking at real world impact in terms of how many matches you need to attend to make that work for you. 

6 minutes ago, nebneeb said:

As you saw a Wembley, there a literally thousands who are not priced out, but will simply choose not to come if they don't see the price is reasonable.

Clearly with the increase in ST sales, a lot of the semi-regular attenders from last season, many of whom will have been members last year, have "upgraded" to a ST this time. That's great, and will surely help the attendances. Well done club.

But the next step on the scale is getting those who went to 2 or 3 games to come more often. A £20 membership with £5 off a game would tempt loads of people.

£50, they will just not bother...

So everything gained in getting members to be ST's is eroded by failing to replace those members with new non-members.

Hillsborough is definitely a place for the elite supporters only these days. Best hope we get to the Premier League, as the middle and upper class glory fans are going to be the only source of new fans in the future.

Exactly the reality.  This is Premier League pricing after one 6th place finish.

8 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Basically, if you can't afford a season ticket, which are already in the top 3 most expensive in the division, then it's not worth going at all.

It gets you second priority on tickets which is probably worth another £10.

The increase could turn out to be counter-productive. For me and the lad the cost would be £75 - for nowt. Will keep the cash, watch televised games on Sky and turn up to 5 or 6 games now and pay full whack. If they'd kept it at £30 would have been worth it and may have tempted me to attend more often.

That's a ridiculous price increase. As has been stated, for people who live outside Sheffield this is a massive fail. I went to 6 home game last season making a membership only worthwhile for the ticket priority and not the money. I plan on going to a similar number of games this season, so I'll effectively be paying £20 for priority tickets on the off chance that we get to Wembley again. 

31 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Last season people needed to go to 6 matches to get their money back. This season it is probably between 8-10. That is a big difference when you factor in extra travel costs.

Some people are in the luxurious situation of not having to worry about that, but that is definitely not everyone.

Some games get £10 discount so still the same if not better than last year