What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

Honestly, the way this is going I can see there being a huge TV deal for the Championship in the next five years. The difficulty of getting into the Premier League, coupled with parachute payments, is getting to the stage where the Championship is going to be one of the highest quality leagues in Europe. The amounts of money being thrown around must already eclipse all other leagues bar the top 5/6 in Europe, and pretty soon that'll be reflected by an increase in quality too. 

It's either going to be funded, or it's going to go pop and the Premier League will become a closed shop similar to the NFL. 

Silly money being spent now. I dread to feel this way but the truth maybe we had out chance last season and we have no chance this season. I think it's totally disgusting that a team can get millions in payments for being relegated then allowed to sell players up to 50 million then buy every single player they can ...absolute joke 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Honestly, the way this is going I can see there being a huge TV deal for the Championship in the next five years. The difficulty of getting into the Premier League, coupled with parachute payments, is getting to the stage where the Championship is going to be one of the highest quality leagues in Europe. The amounts of money being thrown around must already eclipse all other leagues bar the top 5/6 in Europe, and pretty soon that'll be reflected by an increase in quality too. 

It's either going to be funded, or it's going to go pop and the Premier League will become a closed shop similar to the NFL. 

I remember a couple of seasons ago when Mandaric was talking about financial prudence and how FFP was going to be a big leveller in the Championship.

Well, he got most things right at least.

:milan:

3 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

With every transfer I see happening I regret the play off final no show a little bit more

All I can say is thank god we got bought or we'd be absolute cannon fodder in this league 

Agreed. annoyed we didnt turn up, probably the best chance we will have for a while unless we spend some serious money to be able to compete. Yes sometimes a team manages to go up without spending crazy money but it certainly gives an advantage.

Villa favourites to sign Leicester forward Leonardo Ulloa.

After the arrival of Ahmed Musa and the pursuit to sign Islam Slimani, added to existing first-choice forwards Jamie Vardy and Shinji Okazaki, Ulloa could be way down the pecking order with the champions.

Absolutely crazy money! 

Sources in France are suggesting that Aston Villa are set to complete the signing of Bristol City's Jonathan Kodjia for a Championship record £17 million.

The striker has featured on Villa's list of attacking targets for a while, but following the failure to secure Hull City's Abel Hernandez they seem to have turned their attentions to Kodjia.

7 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Absolutely crazy money! 

Sources in France are suggesting that Aston Villa are set to complete the signing of Bristol City's Jonathan Kodjia for a Championship record £17 million.

The striker has featured on Villa's list of attacking targets for a while, but following the failure to secure Hull City's Abel Hernandez they seem to have turned their attentions to Kodjia.

When will the club hire me as director of football?

I said he'd be a good buy about a year and a half ago... I could have made us about £14 million from that transfer alone! lol (We'll selectively ignore the other half-dozen players I've suggested that have subsequently not improved enough and we would have made a loss on)

22 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

at least it weakens BCFC before we play em :-)

True, but Abraham is on fire for them and they also have Tomlin who always does well against us (and some on here think Hooper is fat!). Be interesring to see who they bring in.