What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

Just now, Orlando_Trustful said:

I'm so bored of football and transfers. Money has completely ruined it. 

Same here mate. Last season was one of the first years in a long time I enjoyed football. After what Leicester did last season and us getting to Wembley I thought anything was possible and we were on our way back this season but then the likes of Villa and Newcastle come down and buy the League. With the help of tv money and parachute payments it's become a closed shop and not just that look at the big teams who got egg on their faces by Leicester and then go and try and buy the title back. It's crazy and obscene, and all the money in the game is taking away the enjoyment and competitiveness of it all. If it carries on, then a lot of people will lose interest, more importantly the fans will lose interest, the ones that get ripped off and taken for granted.

Some of you lot should listen to yourselves ffs

Just cus they're spending a lot does not mean we have a team incapable of competing 

10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Soccer Sauce‏ @soccer_sauce
Sheffield Wednesday latest club to state interest in Ikechi Anya of Watford. #SWFC #WFC

Interesting and hopefully true?

Said a while back in the summer we should ideally go for a pair of wing backs/wingers like Reach and Anya to give us balance and pace. Hope we can get them and that Arayibi kid from Chesterfield.

Agreed. We are still short. 

Currently not confident in our strike force getting the goals. 

I mean Villa are staring with Gestede and McCormack with the option of bringing on Ayew Kodja and possibility Adomoah. 

We have fletcher and hooper up too and have to bring on flipping Joao, Nuhiu and Jeremy flipping Helan 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Interesting and hopefully true?

Said a while back in the summer we should ideally go for a pair of wing backs/wingers like Reach and Anya to give us balance and pace. Hope we can get them and that Arayibi kid from Chesterfield.

I like Anya. Pace to burn and carries the ball well. Gets his side upfield quickly. Very two-footed as well. Sometimes hard to tell which is his preferred side. Can genuinely perform well in any of the four wide positions. 

34 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

The players Newcastle and Villa are bringing in are no way near premier league quality other than a select few imo

Sorry josh my fat fingers and new phone.....i agree had no intention of giving you a minus...apologies.

Edited by Big Jack
mistake

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I like Anya. Pace to burn and carries the ball well. Gets his side upfield quickly. Very two-footed as well. Sometimes hard to tell which is his preferred side. Can genuinely perform well in any of the four wide positions. 

And beautiful harmonies.

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Aye, the versatility of Anya and Reach is another good reason to bring one of them or both of them in.

37 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

The team as it stands imo won't make top six.

Youve seen nothing of the 'team' yet but yes the league appears tougher this year. Come on though, pessimism with the players we have is ridiculous.

Teams are put together on more than paper

Edited by Ash76

10 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Same here mate. Last season was one of the first years in a long time I enjoyed football. After what Leicester did last season and us getting to Wembley I thought anything was possible and we were on our way back this season but then the likes of Villa and Newcastle come down and buy the League. With the help of tv money and parachute payments it's become a closed shop and not just that look at the big teams who got egg on their faces by Leicester and then go and try and buy the title back. It's crazy and obscene, and all the money in the game is taking away the enjoyment and competitiveness of it all. If it carries on, then a lot of people will lose interest, more importantly the fans will lose interest, the ones that get ripped off and taken for granted.

The football authorities don't care about the true fans (the ordinary people who go to the match). It's all about packaging for TV because that is where the big money is. When I was a lad it was a 3 o' clock kick off on a Saturday, all teams played at the same time. Then Sky wanted early and late Saturday matches to allow them to show more matches. Then Friday games and Sunday games.

It's all for the benefit of TV companies and their viewers. If fans do turn up to games they are fleeced. It will end up like American football soon.