What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

Remember when Gary Taylor-Fletcher just appeared at the club. 

We have a chairman that is spending sensibly whilst improving the squad. 

If we can get players that will genuinely improve us for the right price, we will do it. 

No point going balls deep then realising you forgot to wear protection and wondering what the future holds cos she were dead dirty. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would be perfect, certainly better than when we signed Bus, Melo and Vermijl. :-)

Pretty much everybody spaffed in their pants on that deadline day. Maybe it's cause we finally looked to have ambition. Maybe cause it filled us with optimism cause we had finally payed for someone and seemed some YouTube clips. Maybe cause we're all clueless and despite knowing nothing about these players we all through they were world beaters. Maybe cause we never thought two of three would be injured all the time 

its only now we can look back and say that was not a great but we certainly didn't then.

are we all going to come on with hindsight  and slate this window time will tell 

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

If we can get players that will genuinely improve us for the right price, we will do it. 

No point going balls deep then realising you forgot to wear protection and wondering what the future holds cos she were dead dirty. 

Touch of the realist towards the end there? Mmmm.

19 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Ah, you were a Roxy`s regular too ? 

Edited by S36 OWL

5 hours ago, fpowl said:

Pretty much everybody spaffed in their pants on that deadline day. Maybe it's cause we finally looked to have ambition. Maybe cause it filled us with optimism cause we had finally payed for someone and seemed some YouTube clips. Maybe cause we're all clueless and despite knowing nothing about these players we all through they were world beaters. Maybe cause we never thought two of three would be injured all the time 

its only now we can look back and say that was not a great but we certainly didn't then.

are we all going to come on with hindsight  and slate this window time will tell 

I think a lot of ppl are already slating this window. Personally I'm quite happy with the business we've done or may still do (if rumours are correct).  Spending 20 million on a player would send me into an anxious frenzy, even if it isn't my money. I still want a club to be able to take my grandkids to 

Birmignham City are reportedly poised to make a deadline day swoop for AFC Bournemouth left-back Rhoys Wiggins.

Blues boss Gary Rowett has been looking for a new left-sided defender to fight it out with Jonathan Grounds all summer.

And according to Sky Sports, the former Sheffield Wednesday man is set for a medical tomorrow ahead of signing for the Blues.

It's unlikely that we'll sign anyone who'll set the pulses racing, it will probably be more of the same. A couple of players who can do a job down the left, but who are unlikely to be regular starters. Won't be glued to here, even though I have the day off. In fact, I'll probably go and watch the cricket.

Guest wilyfox
32 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

DC doesn't seem to me to be the type of chairman to scramble around on deadline-day.

I am expecting a quiet day for us.

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It's unlikely that we'll sign anyone who'll set the pulses racing, it will probably be more of the same. A couple of players who can do a job down the left, but who are unlikely to be regular starters. Won't be glued to here, even though I have the day off. In fact, I'll probably go and watch the cricket.

That's the spirit. 

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Norwich are being linked with a move for Jordan Rhodes.

Had a feeling they would be. They're the most likely, I'd have thought. 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

DC doesn't seem to me to be the type of chairman to scramble around on deadline-day.

I am expecting a quiet day for us.

He also cannot speed up other clubs and their potential transfers. Lots will happen today. Chances are we will get involved...

49 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Norwich are being linked with a move for Jordan Rhodes.

Also strongly linked with a move for Enner Valencia. Brentford hoping to sign Rico Henry, he's the type of left back who would have suited our style