Standing

If you want to sit down, you can. I invite you to use your seat.

I, however, will be standing.

Hillsborough has, over the last few years, had a poor atmosphere which has impacted results. This is down to a very few fans, like Albert, preferring to sit with fingers on lips rather than getting behind the team.

For some, football is a silent theatre. These people are, thankfully, in the minority.

As I said before, I'm rather comsiderate of others, despite what Albert thinks.

I like to stand, so I co buy my tickets at the back of the stand, so I don't get any issies with this sitting / standing testicles.

Good thats the way

But thats not what you were saying earlier

Glad to see you have mended your ways.....well done

Just prefer it, combined with suffering a minor disability that kicks off if I'm stood for too long sometimes.

Also, I don't usually post that often (compared to some) but felt strongly enough to post on this subject.

Probably won't post again for a while which will be a relief for some on this thread.

Your posts have been very well scripted and intelligent.........unlike the "standers" replies

If you want to sit down, you can. I invite you to use your seat.

I, however, will be standing.

Hillsborough has, over the last few years, had a poor atmosphere which has impacted results. This is down to a very few fans, like Albert, preferring to sit with fingers on lips rather than getting behind the team.

For some, football is a silent theatre. These people are, thankfully, in the minority.

Sitting doesnt mean silence..........unless you talk through your arse

Just prefer it, combined with suffering a minor disability that kicks off if I'm stood for too long sometimes.

Also, I don't usually post that often (compared to some) but felt strongly enough to post on this subject.

Probably won't post again for a while which will be a relief for some on this thread.

You raise some fair points. As many people have pointed out on here, maybe it is time to go back to designated sitting and standing areas to help for people like yourself and the lady mentioned in the OP. The problem might be getting the proportions right.

In an away end, it seems that the majority would want standing but I doubt the majority of home fans would want that.

Sitting doesnt mean silence..........unless you talk through your arse

In 17 years of Wednesday matches, I can safely say that people who sit, don't make much noise.

Are you a chanter? What do you do when Hillsborough is bouncing?

In fact, here is your chance: what do you expect from fans and how do you suggest the atmosphere is created?

You raise some fair points. As many people have pointed out on here, maybe it is time to go back to designated sitting and standing areas to help for people like yourself and the lady mentioned in the OP. The problem might be getting the proportions right.

In an away end, it seems that the majority would want standing but I doubt the majority of home fans would want that.

As you've seen I advocate safe standing areas I don't think (sadly) we'll ever see them due to not wanting to upset certain people in other parts of the country.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

I stood. The entire game three rows from the front. I didn't see anyone sit until about twenty minutes after the game ended.

In 17 years of Wednesday matches, I can safely say that people who sit, don't make much noise.

Are you a chanter? What do you do when Hillsborough is bouncing?

In fact, here is your chance: what do you expect from fans and how do you suggest the atmosphere is created?

In 56 years of Wednesday matches Ive seen atmospheres.............people make them.........whether sitting or standing........the more people the better the atmosphere..........but if you cant see you wont go..........why are "restriced view" seats not wanted

Guest Mancunian_Owl

you wouldnt you only had 2 rows in front of you............or didnt you notice

I........ Don't get the .......... Question........ As you're ........ Overusing......... Punctuation ........

In 56 years of Wednesday matches Ive seen atmospheres.............people make them.........whether sitting or standing........the more people the better the atmosphere..........but if you cant see you wont go..........why are "restriced view" seats not wanted

Not true. We've often created some cracking atmospheres with less people. Sometimes our hardcore of 2k is louder than when I've seen us take double that away from home.

Not true. We've often created some cracking atmospheres with less people. Sometimes our hardcore of 2k is louder than when I've seen us take double that away from home.

Not true............30000 is louder than 20000

Obviously

It's unfortunate but you have to stand if the person in front of you won't sit down.

Thats true but it doesnt make it right

99% of Wednesday fans had a fantastic day that will live in their memories for years to come. Even though the performance wasn't up our best I think we can all be proud of our team this season and we can 100% be proud of our club. We've been commended on how impressive our fans were at Wembley, what an incredible atmosphere we created. But some people will have to find something to moan about and try to bring down other Wednesday fans with them. I certainly won't be brought down and thank every fan that made Saturday so special.

99% of Wednesday fans had a fantastic day that will live in their memories for years to come. Even though the performance wasn't up our best I think we can all be proud of our team this season and we can 100% be proud of our club. We've been commended on how impressive our fans were at Wembley, what an incredible atmosphere we created. But some people will have to find something to moan about and try to bring down other Wednesday fans with them. I certainly won't be brought down and thank every fan that made Saturday so special.

Unfortunately some of our aged and less active Wednesdayites couldnt join in the fun due to the inconsiderate attitude adopted by some. A special day spoiled for some by the actions of others.

The atmosphere was killed at hillsbro when the seats were put on the kop..it was actually boring the couple of seasons after that and its taken years and years to build up an atmosphere..would be nice (if people could grow up and behave themselves) to be given a choice..im sorry to say that standing improves the atmosphere ten fold..but i would feel bad if i didnt accomodate someone who couldnt stand.

The atmosphere was killed at hillsbro when the seats were put on the kop..it was actually boring the couple of seasons after that and its taken years and years to build up an atmosphere..would be nice (if people could grow up and behave themselves) to be given a choice..im sorry to say that standing improves the atmosphere ten fold..but i would feel bad if i didnt accomodate someone who couldnt stand.

They used to say the atmosphere would improve when the kop had a roof...........now its standing