Standing

Rewind, you accused me of taking the pee out of someone who was over 60, you really are a dumpling aren't you

To be honest, everyone of the "standers" dont have any valid arguments. Atmosphere.......away games etc etc........none are valid

Just a load of inconsiderate selfish people

None of those stood in front of me and the elderly ladies bounced and shouted very little. I asked them to sit but all I got was "I prefer to stand".

What do you do when faced with that.......the ladies told me to leave it they didnt want to upset anyone.....

How does fans standing at a football match make for a better atmosphere exactly? I've heard people say this to me a few times on this thread yet no one has been able to provide me with a sufficient answer.

People can make just as much noise whether sat down or stood up so how does standing up make any difference?

All the quiet away fans at Hillsborough are always sat down and the most vocal fans are always stood up, up for it. It must be a coincidence but just by observing it, it is the truth. 

Are you honestly not getting my point? At Wembley people want to stand because its such a big occasion That is a FACT whether you like it or not... which you don't. You're the one that said, 'most of Hillsborough don't stand'... and I said exactly, because it's not a big match when we play at Hillsborough like when we play at Wembley. I can't believe I've had to describe to you exactly what has happened in this conversation lol

Is that a serious answer....... :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

I repeat.......... so we dont have BIG games at Hillsboro............a reminder Arsenal and Brighton to name just two

Did you go to these?

Is that a serious answer....... :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

I repeat.......... so we dont have BIG games at Hillsboro............a reminder Arsenal and Brighton to name just two

Did you go to these?

Yeh I was stood at the Brighton game it was great. 

People will always disagree on this one and its quite a simple solution.....some want to stand, some want to sit.....generally the two can't be accommodated together and so independent adjudicators have ruled that everyone should sit......sometimes the "we want to stand" folk get their own way and everyone ends up standing but don't for one minute think this is the "choice" of everyone.

The fact is that standing is generally a privilege and if you aren't allowed that for whatever reasons, man up, accept it and sit down rather than acting like a spoilt petulant child and throwing a hissy fit.

Edited by Ian

lMkAF0I.jpg

Wow, you two registered for Owlstalk on exactly the same day.

And you also have exactly the same opinion. What are the odds of that?

well done...........youre assumptions are wrong but its noce to know we have rattled you enough to investigate my background...... :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

All the quiet away fans at Hillsborough are always sat down and the most vocal fans are always stood up, up for it. It must be a coincidence but just by observing it, it is the truth.

That's funny cos most of the people sat around me make plenty of noise. You still haven't explained to me how standing up makes for a better atmosphere I'm afraid.

People will always disagree on this one and its quite a simple solution.....some want to stand, some want to sit.....generally the two can't be accommodated together and so independent adjudicators have ruled that everyone should sit......sometimes the "we want to stand" folk get there own way and everyone ends up standing but don't for one minute think this is the "choice" of everyone.

The fact is that standing is generally a privilege and if you aren't allowed that for whatever reasons, man up, accept it and sit down rather than acting like a spoilt petulant child and throwing a hissy fit.

I agree, I'm not saying that people should have to stand. The reason I entered discussion on this thread was because the OP and others have expressed their point so forcefully about not understanding people wanting to stand at a football match, and made this point so weirdly aggressively that I simply had to bite. It's weird how wound up some people get, it's as if they don't understand the situation. Wembley = fans are effing up for it. Football fans like to stand... how can you be as morally outraged as the OP is unless this was your first ever game lol 

I agree, I'm not saying that people should have to stand. The reason I entered discussion on this thread was because the OP and others have expressed their point so forcefully about not understanding people wanting to stand at a football match, and made this point so weirdly aggressively that I simply had to bite. It's weird how wound up some people get, it's as if they don't understand the situation. Wembley = fans are effing up for it. Football fans like to stand... how can you be as morally outraged as the OP is unless this was your first ever game lol

because the elderly ladies had paid to see a football match but this was denied them by selfish people who "preferred" to stand.

lol

Not really though. Just hovered my mouse over the usernames and noticed they signed up on the same day.

I like noticing coincidences like that.

well done

dumpling