Standing

That's funny cos most of the people sat around me make plenty of noise. You still haven't explained to me how standing up makes for a better atmosphere I'm afraid.

If you don't think it does then that's fine... but the funny thing is it does. Accept it or don't. Every away game is evidence for it, people sing more when they're stood up. People are more interested in engaging in the songs and bouncing. It creates more atmosphere. Celtic have got a safe standing zone now... wth the aim of improving the atmosphere. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/copa90/2015/oct/09/safe-standing-bundesliga-fans-premier-league

That's where youre argument falls down......some football fans like to stand, the majority probably aren't bothered either way and some can't or don't want to stand. Personally for £98 and having been up all Friday night, I wanted to sit and being just behind the disabled section I was able to do so without issue....nothing to do with it being my first game of the season or not wanting an atmosphere, just exercising my right to choose.

There's also a massive hypocrisy going on with those waxing lyrical about us taking 45,000 and Hull not showing up and simultaneously telling those who want to sit down (and reasoning that must because they don't normally attend) to "stay at home"

If you don't think it does then that's fine... but the funny thing is it does. Accept it or don't. Every away game is evidence for it, people sing more when they're stood up. People are more interested in engaging in the songs and bouncing. It creates more atmosphere. Celtic have got a safe standing zone now... wth the aim of improving the atmosphere. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/copa90/2015/oct/09/safe-standing-bundesliga-fans-premier-league

maybe you should support Celtic...........they might like you

I don't accept that argument I'm afraid but that's my choice and won't argue with you with it all night.

I've said in this thread already that safe standing areas should be implemented in football grounds. This would solve the problem.

Cheers.

I could go one further and point out that the two of you use a very similar punctuation style too.

You're just clearly really in sync with one another.

You really shouldn't generalize, i think last time i looked wath is in rovrum and we all know what happens there don't we

I really hope we get a standing zone soon, we can then see all the idiots and maybe throw eggs at them.

We could soon build one outside. After all theyre not interested in watching the game, just bouncing and shouting

Flying Owl posted that she cant see past the others yet goes away.........maybe we could save her some money and let her bounce and shout in our "zone2 when they are away......saves on transport and is greener

I don't accept that argument I'm afraid but that's my choice and won't argue with you with it all night.

I've said in this thread already that safe standing areas should be implemented in football grounds. This would solve the problem.

I agree with the safe standing bit and that it should be implemented. 

An alternative to the "you should go and watch snooker if you want to sit" thought is that "you should go and watch Rugby if you want to stand"

Professional football in the higher tiers has been designated as a seated spectator area by the authorities......if you want to watch football and stand then nip down to your local park on a Sunday morning

We could soon build one outside. After all theyre not interested in watching the game, just bouncing and shouting

Flying Owl posted that she cant see past the others yet goes away.........maybe we could save her some money and let her bounce and shout in our "zone2 when they are away......saves on transport and is greener

Without a doubt, flying owl poo poo herself when i asked her how she can be on the steering group whilst condoning breaking rules and regs, she ran away then.