Standing

The alternative point being made is that the Final is not really an away game. It has the home crowd and a few more going to a neutral venue.

Of the standing brigade I wonder how many were at Wembley in 91 or 93, or indeed the Millenium in 2005. My recollection is of folk in the main sitting but the atmosphere being terrific. Hence the argument "it's a final everyone wants to stand" may be the current view but historically it wasn't. I suspect a lot of those older folk have barely travelled to a match since 2005

The atmosphere at Hillsborough was affected by it going all seater but I suspect 16 years of dismal football in the main was a bigger factor.

If someone has not barely been to an away game in 11 years I think the onus is on them to fit in with the majority.

the authorities should enforce the seating rule when they've sold the tickets with that stated on them...

however, if this was at hillsborough, and someone was up at the rear of the n/w moaning about people stood, i'd have no sympathy what so ever...

you should know what goes on up there, and if you haven't been since the hartlepool millenium game, then tough sh*t...

Guest mkowl

First line - it wasn't an away game. It was a final played at a neutral venue

Second line - sitting at Wembley in 91 or Millenium in 05 had very little detrimental impact on the atmosphere

At home games the majority of the crowd sit, but get up if it gets exciting or join in bouncing - then sit down again

You can sit in the south stand and enjoy the game as they want. At Wembley no option.

What folk are saying is simply that their right to stand (albeit it contravenes the law and ground regulations) outweighs the right of others to sit and enjoy the match.

Edited by mkowl

A Sheffield Wednesday fan actually reported Sheffield Wednesday fans to the Wembley Anti-Social behaviour line at Wembley for "Standing".

lol

What a complete waste of time that was. Seriously, why would you do that, when 35,000 people were standing? :laugh:

Anyways, my advice to the those who want to sit at away games or a big game like Saturday, is try your best to get aisle seats or seats near the front and if that's not possible, then expect to stand, because more often than not, at away games you get standing. That's just the way of the world now. It won't change anytime soon.

Safe standing areas will help this situation and must be introduced ASAP. Far safer than standing in seated areas.

so they put report ANTI SOCIAL TEXT SERVICE...87474.....STAND     just to fill some space

Your argument is idiotic

you seem to be really bothered about this, way more than anyone else...

from what i saw people do like to bend the rules a lil' and the authorities seem to turn a blind eye...

you may be better staying away from 'full house' games in future, to ensure your view from a seated position, and lower your blood pressure...

It's easier to make more noise stood up as it opens your lungs/diaphragm allowing you to excrete air quicker/louder is why

He'll not be able to work that one out captain. He never bothered to answer any of my direct questions and answers regarding this earlier in the thread.

Our fans produce the best ever new wembley atmosphere considerably achieved by standing and this and other numpties on here just can't see it. I'm actually ashamed theyr'e wednesday fans. We have come out of this with so much pride and recognition from outside the club and still have so called fans trying to hold us back.

Well at least we have shamed FlyingOwl into resigning from the Steering Group

If it happens

and we have exposed some of the standers  for what they are....they dont have a valid argument because there isnt one

Wtf are you on about? Why do you keep targeting FO?

Guest mkowl

the authorities should enforce the seating rule when they've sold the tickets with that stated on them...

however, if this was at hillsborough, and someone was up at the rear of the n/w moaning about people stood, i'd have no sympathy what so ever...

you should know what goes on up there, and if you haven't been since the hartlepool millenium game, then tough sh*t...

You are being unfair on a significant proportion of the fan base. A lot simply don't go to away games - but have probably been season ticket holders for years. They want to go and watch the final and enjoy it.

But the crux is the authorities have to address the issue. Standing in the seats isn't going to go away. It is detrimental to the enjoyment of some and potentially dangerous as I witnessed at first hand at Brighton and indeed Birmingham.

I wouldn't take my young un to certain away games at the moment because of these issues. I took him to Wembley but we went in the family bit

It's almost like we are repeating an element of the mistakes pre 89. The authorities turning a blind eye to certain risks and then be wondering when something bad happens

First line - it wasn't an away game. It was a final played at a neutral venue

Second line - sitting at Wembley in 91 or Millenium in 05 had very little detrimental impact on the atmosphere

At home games the majority of the crowd sit, but get up if it gets exciting or join in bouncing - then sit down again

You can sit in the south stand and enjoy the game as they want. At Wembley no option.

What folk are saying is simply that their right to stand (albeit it contravenes the law and ground regulations) outweighs the right of others to sit and enjoy the match.

It says its anti social...........thats enough

ejected and banned...........you should read one........Im sure someone will show you

wrong again

http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/StadiumGuide/RulesnRegulations

see note 12

how do you keep getting it wrong......

i bet some on here just know the 'missionary' position...

do you do everything by rules and numbers?

if you see your speedometer showing 31mph in a built up area, do you go into the police station and give your self up?

FFS...

s6 is too much like a library as it is, no wonder...

'sit down, be quiet, stop that'...

just about all our fans wouldn't repeat the language they use at the match in church... 

live with it, it's a football match, or stop going...

Guest mkowl

He'll not be able to work that one out captain. He never bothered to answer any of my direct questions and answers regarding this earlier in the thread.

Our fans produce the best ever new wembley atmosphere considerably achieved by standing and this and other numpties on here just can't see it. I'm actually ashamed theyr'e wednesday fans. We have come out of this with so much pride and recognition from outside the club and still have so called fans trying to hold us back.

It made zero difference at Wembley in 91 or the Millenium in 05. You can sit down, stand up and then sit back down again.

It made zero difference at Wembley in 91 or the Millenium in 05. You can sit down, stand up and then sit back down again.

Well it made a massive difference yesterday. No other club has achieved that level of noise since wembley was reconstructed. By standing that significantly contributed to that.

Guest mkowl

i bet some on here just know the 'missionary' position...

do you do everything by rules and numbers?

if you see your speedometer showing 31mph in a built up area, do you go into the police station and give your self up?

FFS...

s6 is too much like a library as it is, no wonder...

'sit down, be quiet, stop that'...

just about all our fans wouldn't repeat the language they use at the match in church...

live with it, it's a football match, or stop going...

Like anything it's about getting the balance. Some folk want to stand at games some want to sit. For years there was an option. That option was removed and in the initial years when all seater was mandatory folk adhered to it.

That has changed and football needs to change with it. Give people the option. Because as someone who has been around since the 70's all I know is that standing in the seated areas that exist today is unsafe when folk act like it's the terraces

It is also unfair that those through choice or need that want to sit are unable to do so

Guest mkowl

Well it made a massive difference yesterday. No other club has achieved that level of noise since wembley was reconstructed. By standing that significantly contributed to that.

Yes it was good but you are missing the point that it appears that some Wednesday fans were unable to enjoy the experience because they had to stand all game.

Christ lol

Went to bed still feeling hungover from Saturday and I wake to this.

For the record 'resigning from the Steering Group' never crossed my mind, if that was a serious suggestion or thought by some.

Finished Uni now and in full time work. I'll be going to more away games hopefully...and I'll be standing. If someone asks me to sit, WHICH HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE, I wouldn't. I would however make every effort though to move from their view which is probably a better alternative for them.

As I've said. As a kid it was at HOME games where I found it most difficult to see over the head of the grown adult sat in front of me. When I was a kid at away games I could manoeuvre myself to see over people or through heads. There's more room. This lead to me having a season ticket at the top of the North Stand for a few seasons so we could stand.

Like I've said. The ticket office will try, and typically succeed, in accommodating sitters at the bottom of away ends.

Wow. Reading most of these replies it's shocking how little wawaw attitude there really is. I don't think anyone has actually said everyone should have been sat down (even though it's the law), but that there should be a bit of consideration amongst your own.

There were two very old guys near me who couldn't stand. They obviously, in this situation, couldn't choose their seats. At Hillsborough they would have probably gone in the south, but through no fault of their own they were on about row 15 (2nd tier). The owls near me in front of them were smart enough to sit so they could also enjoy the game, apart from the bounce which is fair enough I'm sure they'll agree.

These fellas have probably seen more Wednesday games than a lot of you put together, so to say they shouldn't have gone as it's 'an away game' is unfair and down right selfish. If only away fans went to Wembley you'd be embarrassed because it would have looked like the Hull end did.

I'm for standing sections for those that want it (something they don't do at Wembley) but I just ask those that stand look out for their fellow owls. Not tell people to "fùç.k off" shove em about and (at some games, admittedly not here) throw smoke bombs at their feet. It all feels like "I'm going to do what I want to enjoy myself, fùç.k the rest of you", fellow owls or not.

Yes it used to be worse and it's a good thing we have moved away from some of the horrible behaviour that used to happen on the terraces. We don't want to see it return.

People here also seem to have short memories. We didn't stand at Cardiff, we didn't stand in 93 and the atmosphere was fantastic. I have been to away games where we have had to sit and Wednesday fans have still outsung the rest of the ground and created 'atmosphere'.

Wembley and the bouncing looked superb. The atmosphere was great (like Cardiff). I'm not saying we all should have sat down. I'm asking only that people look out for each other. Not everyone can (or wants) to stand. This wasn't an away game, it was a final. Those that stump up their hard earned every year and pay to support their club (ST, membership) had a right to go. Some, imo, need to quit being so abusive and selfish. If you want an even emptier looking Hillsborough then keep that attitude up, I'm sure it won't hurt in eventually helping to drive some of our fans away from going to football matches altogether.

We've all been through the bad times, now lets all be there for the good.

UTO

Compromising on this one wasn't that difficult, surely?

I wanted to stand for 90 minutes as its what I do at away games, and the reason I go on the Kop Corner when I go to Hillsborough. As I ended up in the tiers that opened up on Sunday and Monday they were effectively family sections. The first half everyone there was standing anyway, but I was aware of some more... vintage... Wednesdayites behind me, and kids too. At the start of the second half I just needed to turn around and check what they were doing, and if I was blocking their view I would have moved into a standing part of the block or stood on the aisle; I never saw any stewards walking about and doubt anyone would have told me to move back to my designated little box.

Wow. Reading most of these replies it's shocking how little wawaw attitude there really is. 

Exactly mate. WAWAW, and hopefully that includes though with unforgiving joints.

I can't comment about the millennium game because I was sat at the hartlepool end.

But I honestly belive we were louder on Saturday than in 91