Standing

Dont bother it was just as bad

Flying Owl was back posting today, reckons she didn't run away from the debate last night as she was tired and had to go to bed.

Oh and she woke to read all the criticism this morning, utter rubbish.

Sit or resign FO

Flying Owl was back posting today, reckons she didn't run away from the debate last night as she was tired and had to go to bed.

Sit or resign FO

You're asking someone to resign from the steering group for disagreeing with your opinion? Are you ok?

It's not really something to 'resign' from anyway, hardly a professional position lol

I volunteer MY time. Plenty of others who volunteer their time who are also regular away attendees and happily stand at away games.

Not once in these meetings has the topic of standing at away games been brought up. And we have a number of Disabled Owls representatives on the group.

Edited by FlyingOwl

It's not really something to 'resign' from anyway, hardly a professional position lol

I volunteer MY time. Plenty of others who volunteer their time who are also regular away attendees and happily stand at away games.

Not once in these meetings has the topic of standing at away games been brought up. And we have a number of Disabled Owls representatives on the group.

oh thats ok then

Sit or resign FO

When you say 'all the criticism'...you mean just the criticism from you, don't you?

:duntmatter:

oh thats ok then

Yes, yes it is.

If the issue was a regular one then it would have been brought up by one of the 30 odd people on the group who represent other groups.

We've heard everything at this group. Even that there's too much sugar content in the soft drinks we sell!

Standing at away games isn't a problem and for those who don't want to stand there are ways round it.

Guest Deleted member

Read the first 10 pages and skipped here so sorry if I repeat something that's been said.

First of all, the rights and wrong on this are very clear. Theres a huge clue, it's the seat you're stood in front of. If you stood up, you are in the wrong. That's as clear as anything. Seats were installed to improve safety.

My Dad's 80 in July, Mums 80 in January. They are still Kop season ticket holders, along with my Auntie who's 83. They sit there because they can't afford South Stand season tickets. All were at Wembley on Saturday. All had a godawful day not because of being unable to see, but because of the f*** you attitude of Wednesdayites who insisted that they will do what they like and they can f*** off. Pretty much demonstrated in this thread by numerous

Dad's had his hip replaced 3 times. He walks with a stick. He's also I would wager watched Wednesday more times, in more grounds than pretty much 95% of those in this thread with an appalling attitude.

Having said all of that, I did warn them what to expect. I've not missed more than a handful of away games in the last few years, and have stood up at every one. Not because I want to, it's more because I have to, for the same reasons I've just explained.

I don't expect anybody to consider what their attitude means to other people. It's been demonstrated clearly already that people will do what the hell, they want and f*** the lot of you. That's the society we live in these days.

I will continue to attend away games, and continue to stand at them for as long as I can. Because I want to see the game. As soon as I'm so old that I have to sit looking at the arse of some selfish foul mouthed idiot who considers his own importance in front of those of older, infirm, or disabled supporters, my away days will end.

Makes you feel fair proud doesn't it. Wawaw is the biggest fallacy of them all.

Guest Deleted member

Standing at away games isn't a problem and for those who don't want to stand there are ways round it.

And when we have a so called steering committee representative with the above attitude, it's never likely to change

Read the first 10 pages and skipped here so sorry if I repeat something that's been said.

First of all, the rights and wrong on this are very clear. Theres a huge clue, it's the seat you're stood in front of. If you stood up, you are in the wrong. That's as clear as anything. Seats were installed to improve safety.

My Dad's 80 in July, Mums 80 in January. They are still Kop season ticket holders, along with my Auntie who's 83. They sit there because they can't afford South Stand season tickets. All were at Wembley on Saturday. All had a godawful day not because of being unable to see, but because of the f*** you attitude of Wednesdayites who insisted that they will do what they like and they can f*** off. Pretty much demonstrated in this thread by numerous

Dad's had his hip replaced 3 times. He walks with a stick. He's also I would wager watched Wednesday more times, in more grounds than pretty much 95% of those in this thread with an appalling attitude.

Having said all of that, I did warn them what to expect. I've not missed more than a handful of away games in the last few years, and have stood up at every one. Not because I want to, it's more because I have to, for the same reasons I've just explained.

I don't expect anybody to consider what their attitude means to other people. It's been demonstrated clearly already that people will do what the hell, they want and f*** the lot of you. That's the society we live in these days.

I will continue to attend away games, and continue to stand at them for as long as I can. Because I want to see the game. As soon as I'm so old that I have to sit looking at the arse of some selfish foul mouthed idiot who considers his own importance in front of those of older, infirm, or disabled supporters, my away days will end.

Nail ont head as usual Grandad

Guest Deleted member

I wouldn't ask her to resign at all. Fwiw I think she should review her personal opinion, and represent the balanced views of all Owlstalkers

This thread shouldn't be about bullying FO. But the views held should all be represented.

I was incredibly proud of our collective support on Saturday. As always there are people who will spoil that for others

I actually find that society is geared up to suit the smaller number of people that are offended by almost anything these days.

Someone doesn't like something a small number says or does? Let's stop the large number that are enjoying theirselves and make them out to be selfish, inconsiderate animals.

And when we have a so called steering committee representative with the above attitude, it's never likely to change

What?

I've said countless times that there are ways to accommodate standers and sitters.

I moved on Saturday because I wanted to stand but the two blokes directly behind me were sat. Didn't want to affect their enjoyment so I moved!

The general attitude of an away day is to stand and that's not going to change. It's the same with the majority of clubs. You're not going to change mob mentality and it's something I've never heard before.

Our fans are generally well accommodating minus a few idiots. People will swap seats, move around for others. Seen it countless of times.

Very uncalled for to criticise my attitude when all I'm doing is pointing towards logic.

We're ALL Wednesday. Sitters and standers. Just the same as I will do my best to help someone sitting enjoy their day, I also want to enjoy my day so compromises should be made.

Our famous away day atmosphere would turn to poo poo if we all sat.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Why didn't you take your folks to a bottom row where they could've sat?