If we don't go up...

I'm unbelievably relaxed about the playoffs.

After the last 16 years I'm just happy to be watching superb winning football again with a team of players that are proud to wear the shirt and run themselves into the ground for each other (and the fans).

Would love to see us finish the job, but if we miss out in the semi's or at Wembley we still have a good season to look forward to next year in The Championship.

The only time I really get nervous in these big occasions is when League 1 football for the following season is at stake. I never, ever want to experience football at that level again.

Wednesday do things like win this play off campaign.

Always found the 'Wednesday way' thing a bit bizarre, historically if you give us a sniff at success we see it out.

See our last play off campaign or league cup victory for reference.

We are a lot more likely to do this than anyone seems to fathom.

Agree with this.

Also think that negative fsnbases often get what they expect.

Like the grunters.

Losing is in their DNA

Where as we just waltzed into our last playoff campaign and did the business.

Wouldn't surprise me if we did it ahain

Always found the 'Wednesday way' thing a bit bizarre, historically if you give us a sniff at success we see it out.

As long as Arsenal aren't involved. 😉

Whatever happens I am proud of the team, and we should show them what Sheffield Wednesday means! if we fall short, nothing but noise and cheers for our players who for the first time in 2 decades have had talent and passion for the shirt 

Saturday was the best hillsborough has been in years, of course Wycombe was special and probably the best day at our place in recent history, Arsenal was special too, but how our fans responded on saturday was a huge part of us getting over the line, Carlos is a very astute man with what he asked of us...we did that and it spurred the players on 

A positive Hillsborough is worth 10 points over a season compared to a negative one, probably more, the Kop was electric (I was on north) 

We loaned, bought and moulded a much better 16/17 players than Cardiff, Birmingham and Ipswich. The equals, at least imo, of Hull, Boro, Brighton and Derby.

Next year, the players that weren't good enough will leave. True, a couple of really good players might be tempted and leave too, but DC will bring in even better. So I think next season our squad will be outstanding, from 1st August not 1st October.

Carlos will inevitably and rightly attract interest, but I think and hope he will stay to see stage one of our transformation through. And if the worst happened and he sadly leaves, DC and our renewed reputation will attract a stellar manager.

Whether we win this current lottery or not, the 2016/17 season will be one to stay in the memory for years to come. I am sure. Just like 2015/16.

I keep seeing a lot of our fans say we've over achieved. I disagree, to say over achieved means our players aren't good enough. I think they are good enough. I'd say we've exceeded expectation, but not over achieved

Derby Brighton boro Leicester and Watford to name a few have all been in and around the playoffs but not got promoted only to come back again the year after as strong or stronger.

This isnt like our one and only crack at it. We might not go up this year.Its a big ask to build from mediocrity to promotion in one season. But we're a top six team to stay, no matter how long it takes.

But hopefully not as long as dem blades lol

If we don't go up, expect some big offers for our key players and, quite possibly, our manager. We could easily be weaker next season.

Really can't see that. Other teams don't lose all their players. If they do lose a couple they sign equally as good ones and carry on.

We love our players but only a few premier league clubs would be interested in taking a gamble on them and it would be short sighted for them to move to the likes of palace or swansea.

I'd expect us to only get stronger next year if we didn't go up.

I keep seeing a lot of our fans say we've over achieved. I disagree, to say over achieved means our players aren't good enough. I think they are good enough. I'd say we've exceeded expectation, but not over achieved

Yes, exceeded expectation definitely, and I agree, when you compare our players to the likes of a Cardiff, Ipswich and Birmingham, we have a stronger squad. I guess the expectation, from fans and manager alike, was that nobody knew how long it would take to blend those players into a team

Been a great season. Cant see us getting past the semi now but the playoffs are a bonus[/quote

Why not? Of the three other teams in the play - off positions we are unbeaten this season and if it's Boro they will have blown their big chance and be gutted to be playing us.

Or league cup defeat to Arsenal followed by FA Cup defeat to Arsenal......the champagne is still on ice!

Feels like we're on a knife edge. Make it now and (provided we slug out the first couple of seasons) we could be an established Prem club within 5 years. With vastly improved facilities, new ground or not, competing with Europe's bigger name clubs for players (look at Stoke) and knocking on the door of the Europa League.

If we don't, then getting out of the Championship could easily take another decade. Especially with the increased parachute payments relegated teams will have.

If we'd had the squad we have now from day 1 of the season I think we'd easily be challenging for top 2. If we're in the championship next season we have to be regarded as contenders.

We need to sort out left back on a permanent basis, get good cover at CB, right side of midfield and central midfield if we can't keep Lopez plus the usual requirement of looking out for any top class forwards that are available. But we have a well bedded in squad. In my mind this season was a gelling season and anything we do is a bonus.