Sheffield Wednesday players that people might have forgot

Chris Marsden.

Not on loan. Was our captain for a bit of promotion season before forced to retire due to injury.

Season before the Cardiff season 2003/04

Chrissy Turner signed him. He signed some decent players did Turner, whelan, brunt etc.

Think we finished 15th in league 1 :S

Guest trusty_left_peg

Andrews was chuffing awesome for us for a small amount of time he was here on loan.

He was pretty good. Proper pacey winger, I seem to remember him playing for Colchester against us a couple of years before he signed on loan for us, and he was their standout player.

Basing it on since I started attending regularly in 1993, there are only two players on that wiki link that if I had them in a quiz question of "Did they play for Sheffield Wednesday, yes or no" I would be completely guessing - Kevin Gallagher and Stuart Ripley. Just can't place them in my mind.

Season before the Cardiff season 2003/04

Chrissy Turner signed him. He signed some decent players did Turner, whelan, brunt etc.

Think we finished 15th in league 1 :S

Marsden was signed at start of promotion season. Are you getting him mixed up with Robbie Mustoe?

Marsden was signed at start of promotion season. Are you getting him mixed up with Robbie Mustoe?

Yeah you're right, former Boro man mustoe. My bad

I guess i just dont remember marsden being a part of the promotion push. Did he have to retire half way through the season?

Them Peterborough players.

David Billington and Mark McKeever - made a total of 5 appearances between them, Billington in fact never played.

Best £1.5m Pleat ever spent.

Don't remember this Billington bloke at all but a quick search of wiki tells me that we signed him at 17 for £1m after he had only played five games.

I can only assume that he was therefore considered a very special talent.

Then he got injured and never played a game again.

How many players can claim to cost a £1m transfer fee despite only ever playing five games in his entire career.

£200k per game. Wow.