Brighton

Don't mind Brighton at all.Well supported and play in our kit etc but was thinking whilst stood in the pouring rain last night, would they ever take over 1400 to Hillsborough on a cold and wet Tuesday night.Of course they wouldn't. As always, proud to be an Owl last night.

I enjoyed it, nice ground, wifi, padded seats, definitely better than other 'new' grounds. The weather and lack of excitement contributed to the low key atmosphere I think.

I thought it was an excellent turn out. There were a lot of Southern based Owls there last night but an away day at Brighton on a midweek winters night, doesn't have the same appeal as last seasons opening fixture.

Edited by gurujuan

There's definitely potential there.

What's bugging me from reading their forum is that they seem certain that they deserve automatic and are treating last night as a bad result.  I think most supporters of other teams would regard them as being in a 'false' position and that they'd be happy with the playoffs (not unlike ourselves... maybe.  They're there on merit but unexpectedly).  Doesn't seem that they want to settle for a playoff position though.

Guest mrbluesky

Don't mind Brighton at all.Well supported and play in our kit etc but was thinking whilst stood in the pouring rain last night, would they ever take over 1400 to Hillsborough on a cold and wet Tuesday night.Of course they wouldn't. As always, proud to be an Owl last night.

Does it really matter?

#SmallFollowingSyndrome

What's bugging me from reading their forum is that they seem certain that they deserve automatic and are treating last night as a bad result.  I think most supporters of other teams would regard them as being in a 'false' position and that they'd be happy with the playoffs (not unlike ourselves... maybe.  They're there on merit but unexpectedly).  Doesn't seem that they want to settle for a playoff position though.

Shouldn't you have more wisdom if you're a wizard?  lol

Surely it's their right to feel like they deserve it? They headed the table for a huge part of the season, they are well organised, score goals etc. Even when they had a blip they managed to turn it around fairly quickly and in some style, add to this that they recruited well in the window signing Knockaert. We don't/didn't want to settle for a playoff position and we've not reached the dizzy heights they have.... why should they feel differently to us?

Edited by Jason Howe

What's bugging me from reading their forum is that they seem certain that they deserve automatic and are treating last night as a bad result. I think most supporters of other teams would regard them as being in a 'false' position and that they'd be happy with the playoffs (not unlike ourselves... maybe. They're there on merit but unexpectedly). Doesn't seem that they want to settle for a playoff position though.

To be expected and you can't deny fans getting excited.

We started talking about the top 2 as soon as we had so much as a sniff of it. Brighton led the division for a long time and have been up there since day 1. Drawing at home with us isn't a "bad" result but it's one they'll have wanted to win if they wanted to keep pace with the top 2. We've had several results similar.

It's kinda the same for us. 0-0 isn't a bad result for us in isolation. It actually potentially becomes a very good one if we beat Forest on Saturday. You'd have been mad not to have taken 4 points from Forest and Brighton away and at the minute we can achieve that. That's 4 points that puts us right back on track after a wobble, if we can get them on Saturday.

TBF it's difficult to compare some of the Southern teams away followings against ours. I'd guess half of the 1400 their last night are based in the south of England, far fewer people tend to migrate the other way. I'm from Sheffield, but live in London. I saw lots of lads heading down yesterday

As a Brighton fan myself, the biggest disappointment about last night was the performance rather than the result. We didn't seem to have the necessary tools to fashion an opening against your team. Wednesday were excellent in defence and really didn't give our attackers a sniff, I think this was down to a combination of good defending and a collective off night from our wingers and forwards.

Wednesday could easily have won having contained us and then finishing strongly, so I'm treating the result as a point gained, especially given 'Boro's and Derby's defeats.

Chances are that we'll meet sometime in the playoffs and as our two games this season have shown it's going to be tight. Hopefully Hughton will be giving our lads practice at penalties.

Enjoy the rest of the season and good luck.

I don't dislike Brighton but they seem a bit like Reading to me but with a little more momentum. Reading rode the crest of a wave into the Prem, increased attendances but have petered out now they're back in the Championship. The locals have lost interest.

It feels a bit like Brighton are the slightly better version. Nicer new stadium, quality training facilities, large catchment area, great location but I guess the true test will be as the interest wanes a little and the club level out in the Championship.