Bye bye play offs

Do people think we'll win every game? We didn't lose tonight.

So many get carried away with Wednesday - lower your expectations to something more realistic. Being in with a shout of play offs is massive progress. Getting in there would be fantastic.

Our away form has cost us this season - to get in we need to improve that.

If we don't make it - we have still come on leaps and bounds.

Think we have been sussed out a bit, needs a mix up

There's some truth to this for sure, I'd say we're a little one dimensional, when it works its great but if teams set up correctly against us as Preston did then we do need the ability to mix it up a little more than we currently can.

Last weekends result was a case of this, Preston did well, we weren't as bad as some suggest though. Tonight I've only heard to commentary but it sounds like a case of missed opportunities, we've been pretty clinical thus far, not so tonight. One of those things.

1 point is an awful return from the past two games

Like Boro playing Bristol, MK, Forest, Blackburn and Leeds before tonight and getting 2 points?

Or Derby getting 6 points since Jan 1st?

It's a dip in form, it happens to all teams, we just need to try and get past it and not have some of our fans flouce themselves to death every time we have an off couple of games. 

We were the better side tonight and should've won but we got something from the game when everything was going against us and that's an improvement on last season. We would've lost this last season and TBH as sh!te as QPR were tonight they will take points off our play-off rivals because they are that spawny. For me our style of play will get us in the playoffs in the end because we've got variety and a lot of our rivals are one trick ponies that rely on solid play and harranging the officials. That will only take you so far. I'm happy and content with the direction we're going in. If some on here aren't, then just think to 2 years ago when we where in the sh!te. You surely would've then taken where we are now, surely?

If be surprised if we don't make a move in the loan market very soon, especially as a 93 day loan will very soon take you to the play off final

Agree with loan - need another good option upfront for me - some real pace would help.

Easier said than done though.

Edited by ka58

We were the better side tonight and should've won but we got something from the game when everything was going against us and that's an improvement on last season. We would've lost this last season and TBH as sh!te as QPR were tonight they will take points off our play-off rivals because they are that spawny. For me our style of play will get us in the playoffs in the end because we've got variety and a lot of our rivals are one trick ponies that rely on solid play and harranging the officials. That will only take you so far. I'm happy and content with the direction we're going in. If some on here aren't, then just think to 2 years ago when we where in the sh!te. You surely would've then taken where we are now, surely?

Lost this last season ? Hmm...

We might not have won this game last season but I seriously doubt we'd have lost it...

Seriously doubt most of our current opposites are one trick ponies too, that said we are a better team (and getting better results than two years ago), still can't help but think your beer goggles are getting the best of you though...

We need to be a little realistic on both sides but not sure that is really going to happen....

We have lost momentum somewhat with the last two results. That's important in this league. Need to get back to winning ways soon which maybe another game or two just yet. Got to take the rough with the smooth. Great wins for Brighton and Hull tonight and home wins as expected for Boro and Burnley. Our results was poor and looks worse because of this.

Birmingham operate on a wafer thin squad they will run out of steam.

When exactly ?

We're now through what are traditionally the most draining months on squads yet they are still there, wonder what their fans are now saying about us..?

Squads don't guarantee succsess, if they did we'd have beat Preston...

Let's hope we smash Hull and all will be reyt !

Lost this last season ? Hmm...

We might not have won this game last season but I seriously doubt we'd have lost it...

Seriously doubt most of our current opposites are one trick ponies too, that said we are a better team (and getting better results than two years ago), still can't help but think your beer goggles are getting the best of you though...

We need to be a little realistic on both sides but not sure that is really going to happen....

So I have the beer goggles on. Oh I am so sooooorrrryyyy. What's your opinion on tonight then, oh wise one? Are you going to tell me we didn't deserve to win then?