What more do people want?

I think it really is the price, you know.

None of my usual group could make the game yesterday, so I asked a few non-Wednesday-supporting mates who are into football if they fancied coming to the game with me. I had four people who were up for coming to the game...until they realised it would cost them £43 to do so. I ended up going on my own.

For a lot of fans, the damage was done at the start of the season regarding ticket prices, with up to £46 charged to watch the Bristol City game and the accompanying media coverage: there are many who don't check social media or the club website for updates, so the message the club sent them was that prices would be high, and they chose not to pay. The best opportunity the club had to change this perception was Boxing Day, as it's a traditionally well-supported game which attracts a large walk-up. However, tickets were £43 in the South Stand, thus confirming for many stay-away fans that they made the right choice.

The cheaper ticket offers have only been available for mid-week matches, which are always less well attended. There has not been a single Saturday game where the cheapest pay-on-the-day ticket cost less than £30. In fact, the average cost of such a ticket for a Saturday kickoff so far this season is £40 in the South and £33.60 in the Kop.

I'm afraid the club have backed themselves into a corner with the phase 2 and phase 3 season ticket prices: they have to represent value to those who bought them, so the pay-on-the-day prices can only drop so far (phase 3 season tickets work out at £33 per game in the South and £25.65 per game in the Kop), but they may still have a bit of leeway to offer cheaper tickets for a Saturday kickoff. If they then advertise the prices all over the place in the month before the game, that may make a difference.

I'm happy to continue paying the pay-on-the-day prices (less a membership discount) for the ten to twelve home games I can attend each season, but many clearly aren't.

I hate the way that modern football has become a business, but if clubs want to go down that route, then blaming your potential 'customers' for not buying your 'product' is backwards. The onus is on the clubs to offer fans something they want at prices they are willing to pay. Hopefully the prices for next season do this for more people, as there's nothing better than a packed Hillsborough.

Nail on head. Also fans having a go at each other for being part timers, stay aways, not proper fans is just stupid and won't inspire people to get down to Hillsborough. No one's gonna pay £40 out of guilt!

Top of the recent form table, fifth spot and five points clear of seventh place, playing some really good stuff, scored more than anyone else in the division and so many "class" goals, a serious promotion push, winning easily yesterday without really breaking sweat and stil......less than 21k attendance and the place like a morgue.

I really don't buy the prices arguement, we've had offers etc. and they have made little difference....so why then are there still so many "stay aways"? There are plenty of 'em on here, why aren't you making an effort occasionally? and why is the place so damned quiet?

As I said in the title, What more do people want?

Not paying over 30 quid.

I watched the news yesterday and some guy was talking about dynamic pricing strategies in response to the Liverpool issue.

I think Mr C and his advisers thought this model was something that could be implemented in the summer. However, the culture of the normal swfc flexible fan isn't conducive to this strategy. I agree that the Bristol City cat A pricing has done more damage to our average attendance than the club probably expected. We are getting very few POTD and whilst this is in some respects what Mr C wants as he looks to convert these to long term ST holders or similar, the short term will mean lower than expected average this season and a risk they simply do something else.

Having said that, our success has probably caught everyone out, and the POTD fans will probably start flooding back during March and April as the realisation of the play-offs becomes a reality. I think the club could exploit this and announce a last six home game deal which priorities a play off ticket before general sale - I think someone mentioned this on a different thread. This commitment would potentially condition the POTD floater to look at a season ticket next year and beyond as they get into the habit - perhaps the club could even guarantee the first phase deal of the 2016/17 ST if they buy the 6-game ticket?

Something that seems to be getting lost in these ticket conversations - the issue isn't those fans who want to go every home game; those people buy season tickets, which are available at very decent prices.

The issue is those who can't/ don't want to go to every home game. They are the ones missing from Hillsborough because the POTG prices are too expensive.

So, can we bloody well get away from the "well, get a season ticket cos it's dead cheap" nonsense - these people can't/ don't want to commit to a bloody season ticket, so that is NOT the answer!!

Something that seems to be getting lost in these ticket conversations - the issue isn't those fans who want to go every home game; those people buy season tickets, which are available at very decent prices.

The issue is those who can't/ don't want to go to every home game. They are the ones missing from Hillsborough because the POTG prices are too expensive.

So, can we bloody well get away from the "well, get a season ticket cos it's dead cheap" nonsense - these people can't/ don't want to commit to a bloody season ticket, so that is NOT the answer!!

been suggested by many, including myself something along the lines of

20 a match ST

25 in advance

30 on the gate

Would seem the ideal elasticity of demand model for the kop 

+ get rid of this membership nonsense 

Edited by modboy

Actually do wear them...new batteries went in yesterday morning.....suspect you might actually know me then.

Row 26 behind goal...the atmosphere you talk about wasn't evident there.

All I can say is that you must be unlucky and sit amongst a miserable bunch, i'm 5 rows in front of you and we had a ball

4-0, just let that sink in

Over 20k home fans yesterday was a great attendance

If someone had asked you the following question in any of the last 5/6 years, what would your answer have been?

Imagine its mid-February, Wednesday have been in and around the play off places for a while, only lost a single game at home, they are top scorers in the league, theyve beaten Arsenal at home convincingly and have top quality players in the team. Players we only dreamed about for the last 10 seasons. Were putting pressure on the top two. What do you think the average home attendance would be?

I know its a completely hypothetical question, but I strongly doubt that anyone would have said less than 25,000.

Its a disgraceful attendance.

Ive had a season ticket for years, so Ive been pretty much oblivious to match day prices and Ill bet other s/t holders are the same. My sister asked me to get my nephew a ticket to the Rotherham game. He loves Wednesday, he watches our highlights on YouTube all of the time. He must have watched the full game against Arsenal about 5 times. He always going on about us, Ive never known a kid like him. Wednesday has definitely chosen him.

I thought that I would look at getting him a ticket for the game yesterday...........£16.  Thats right SIXTEEN!!!!!!

Kids like this are the future generation. If we dont get them into the habit of watching us they will go and find another interest instead. We could be completely alienating the next fanbase already. Sixteen quid for an 8 year old kid. Why not a fiver at the most? Why arent all under 11 tickets a quid with every full paying adult? in fact, when was the last kids for a quid or friends for a fiver?

I think our supporters need to wake up. I dont care if you are a member a season ticket holder or whatever.....

There are some people who blindly defend the club no matter what, you will never convince them, but surely everyone must see that £43.00 to watch any game in any stand in any league is ridiculous. Stop with the argument that the Kop is cheaper, some people want to sit in the South stand (for whatever reason). Fans are being priced out - and this is happening at OUR CLUB.

been suggested by many, including myself something along the lines of

20 a match ST

25 in advance

30 on the gate

Would seem the ideal elasticity of demand model for the kop

+ get rid of this membership nonsense

And this is exactly what people should be talking about - trying to be constructive, and hope the feedback goes back to the Club via the Steering Group or other means.

What we shouldn't be doing is having people post thread after thread moaning about fans not being prepared to pay through the nose to watch 2nd tier football.

I think it really is the price, you know.

None of my usual group could make the game yesterday, so I asked a few non-Wednesday-supporting mates who are into football if they fancied coming to the game with me. I had four people who were up for coming to the game...until they realised it would cost them £43 to do so. I ended up going on my own.

For a lot of fans, the damage was done at the start of the season regarding ticket prices, with up to £46 charged to watch the Bristol City game and the accompanying media coverage: there are many who don't check social media or the club website for updates, so the message the club sent them was that prices would be high, and they chose not to pay. The best opportunity the club had to change this perception was Boxing Day, as it's a traditionally well-supported game which attracts a large walk-up. However, tickets were £43 in the South Stand, thus confirming for many stay-away fans that they made the right choice.

The cheaper ticket offers have only been available for mid-week matches, which are always less well attended. There has not been a single Saturday game where the cheapest pay-on-the-day ticket cost less than £30. In fact, the average cost of such a ticket for a Saturday kickoff so far this season is £40 in the South and £33.60 in the Kop.

I'm afraid the club have backed themselves into a corner with the phase 2 and phase 3 season ticket prices: they have to represent value to those who bought them, so the pay-on-the-day prices can only drop so far (phase 3 season tickets work out at £33 per game in the South and £25.65 per game in the Kop), but they may still have a bit of leeway to offer cheaper tickets for a Saturday kickoff. If they then advertise the prices all over the place in the month before the game, that may make a difference.

I'm happy to continue paying the pay-on-the-day prices (less a membership discount) for the ten to twelve home games I can attend each season, but many clearly aren't.

I hate the way that modern football has become a business, but if clubs want to go down that route, then blaming your potential 'customers' for not buying your 'product' is backwards. The onus is on the clubs to offer fans something they want at prices they are willing to pay. Hopefully the prices for next season do this for more people, as there's nothing better than a packed Hillsborough.

Top post mate. Couldn't have put it any better.

i have stopped moaning about the prices..and ive also stopped moaning about the crowds cus yday was just what i was expecting..20k..ive also stopped moaning about the atmos..its allways crap..the younger ones are priced out so we end up with an older fan base who just sit there...ive accepted our crowds will be 20k ish and its going to be a crap atmosphere

20k is excellent for these extortionate prices! And dead on. I'm a younger one as I'm 16. I have a membership but I'm from Huddersfield. I'd kill to be there every game and be part of an amazing atmosphere but someone has to take me and pay the outrageous adult prices (or public transport which makes my membership useless). I've been a Wednesdayite since I can remember but I've resigned to the fact that until I'm employed and have a car. I'm not gonna get to more then 5 or 6 home matches.

So wanna know why attendances are down? It's not cos we watched years of dross cos I put up with that since I was born. It's because me and my family/friends aren't forking out all that for a football match, whether it's better than it used to be or not.

Some people who are minted don't like to think about that though, they're too busy stuck in their own little bubble.

And this is exactly what people should be talking about - trying to be constructive, and hope the feedback goes back to the Club via the Steering Group or other means.

What we shouldn't be doing is having people post thread after thread moaning about fans not being prepared to pay through the nose to watch 2nd tier football.

im not sure these communication channels with the club are working though

Short answer to the original question-a price that is affordable to the individual.

I've supported Wednesday all my life,I'm 70 now and can't afford for me and my wife to go on Saturdays.

It's not difficult to understand.

This is disgraceful.

The members on here who attend the steering group (Flyingowl and whoever else) you need to print this and give it to every club official who attends the next meeting including Mr Chansiri.