What more do people want?

Don't POTG OAP attendees get concessions? I'd find out just how much the cost was for a 70 year old POTG was, before I approached the Club.

Just in the interest of balance.

Sorry Reading, I think you +1'd me before I edited my post. I read the wrong page

£20, £23 & £26 for the Rotherham game.... thats fairly reasonable, but the POTG for yesterday was up to £33.

It was £20 for everybody against Bolton. You're conflating it with the offer for the Leeds game. Never let the truth get in the way of a good rant.

So it was the Leeds game then.

Great.

The main point stands.

Keep up the nitpicking.

Perhaps you can mount a counter argument one day.

In that case the club can't win regardless

possible - we lost 3K fans from the Brighton game to Bolton assuming there were the same amount of away fans. This, when we had improved on the pitch. It will be interesting to see what the POTD stats are against QPR with a similar deal.

Isn't it £ 25 for qpr ? Heres yr chance all those that wont go if its £43.

I thought the home ends were a bit fuller yesterday actually

Thats the problem though WakefieldOwl mate, those supporters have already been alienated.

Theyve probably found something else to do on their Saturdays. I think once the club had priced me out, I would find if difficult to go back.

So it was the Leeds game then.

Great.

The main point stands.

Keep up the nitpicking.

Perhaps you can mount a counter argument one day.

POTG prices are way to high.  I'd never pay them.   However you can expect to be pulled up if you post something that's incorrect.

POTG prices are way to high. I'd never pay them. However you can expect to be pulled up if you post something that's incorrect.

It was a general example of some of the reduced ticket prices that have been offered, which was part of a general point about the whole issue.

It's a crying shame what's happend this season regarding attendance's. The best team in years and under 21,000 to see them.

I was going to go yesterday and looked at the prices and thought no chance I'm not paying that.

I went in the Rawson and spent all afternoon in there, got talking to a couple of lasped season ticket holders and the only thing they talked about was the price.

If you renew your season tkt year after year you become immune to POTG prices but this year they are on another level.

It is a huge gamble by the Club because the increases have to have an end result ie Promotion , what happens if , and it's a big if , we don't go up

POTG prices are way to high.  I'd never pay them.   However you can expect to be pulled up if you post something that's incorrect.

And that's the point. Mr C doesn't want POTD fans. His strategy is early in the making. I doubt the club care about the attendances this season - it's all about the future.

Nah.

I have to go out in a bit.

Fact that I've spent two pages arguing about which offer corresponded to which match (cause that's what's really important) is sort of testament to why this whole debate is a wate of time with some people.

Top of the recent form table, fifth spot and five points clear of seventh place, playing some really good stuff, scored more than anyone else in the division and so many "class" goals, a serious promotion push, winning easily yesterday without really breaking sweat and stil......less than 21k attendance and the place like a morgue.

I really don't buy the prices arguement, we've had offers etc. and they have made little difference....so why then are there still so many "stay aways"? There are plenty of 'em on here, why aren't you making an effort occasionally? and why is the place so damned quiet?

As I said in the title, What more do people want?

Why do you even care? To the point where it needs yet another thread

You and I went to the game because we wanted to, but others either didn't want to/had other things to do or just couldn't justify paying the money, there is nothing wrong with that, was your day made worse in any way by the fact that a bunch of strangers didn't spend their Saturday in the same place as you? Mine wasn't.

People shouldn't be made to feel guilty if they don't want to spend their time and money on football matches, it's just not a priority for a lot of people, but it baffles me that people can walk away from a 4-0 win, and the main concern is the attendance.

Guest wilyfox

And that's the point. Mr C doesn't want POTD fans. His strategy is early in the making. I doubt the club care about the attendances this season - it's all about the future.

I doubt that's true at all. POTD fans account for around 1/3 of our current attendance. I don't think he'd be so blasé about a large section of our fan base. I'm sure there are many reasons for the drop in attendance; getting the pricing structure very wrong is one of them.