What more do people want?

And that's the point. Mr C doesn't want POTD fans. His strategy is early in the making. I doubt the club care about the attendances this season - it's all about the future.

Obviously, for balance, the argument could be made that even with reduced attendances/higher prices - the income is still the same or higher?

I don't think anyone will know until the accounts are published?

So on that basis - his strategy will have worked. Especially with a suggested increase in ST sales too.

However, posters can't then moan about reduced attendances, lack of atmosphere or the loss of new fans to S2 long term, possibly.

The argument shouldn't just be about short term revenue - it should also be about the long term sustainability of the Club and, it's place and standing in the Sheffield coummunity.

IMO if this seasons rationale continues - it could have an impact long term.

That would be an absolute disgrace if true.

what i mean is its part of a long term strategy and i assume they are willing to sacrifice short term POTD ticket sales and therefore attendances, in the drive to convert these to ST holders. 

IMO the occasional offer/deal or Cat Z or whatever it is, is simply trying not to alienate the POTD fans too much.

Guest Ferkorf

What more do people want?

Cheaper tickets....

I dont mind paying £25 to sit on the kop but anymore is just a rip off and no one can even argue about it.

To get to SOME games for 25 or less you need to spend another 30 to make yourself a member.

I cant justify paying stupid amounts like that to go to Hillsborough and to sit on the kop.

Thats why I have stayed away literally.

My Preston ticket and Train fare has cost me £10 more than a ticket against Brentford and travel there would have cost me.

I havent got a season ticket and didnt bother for next season either because I miss games due to shifts plus I have a 6 month old to spend time with when not at work.

Theres been many a Saturdays when I thought I'll go today, looked at prices on the gate and thought no chance, rather put 30 odd quid aside for the next away day

I doubt that's true at all. POTD fans account for around 1/3 of our current attendance. I don't think he'd be so blasé about a large section of our fan base. I'm sure there are many reasons for the drop in attendance; getting the pricing structure very wrong is one of them.

ok taking the 1/3 as accurate; how many of these have a membership card? I believe the card may be more expensive next season, but with a better discount per game.

Guest wilyfox

ok taking the 1/3 as accurate; how many of these have a membership card? I believe the card may be more expensive next season, but with a better discount per game.

However Chansiri chooses to do it, the aim should always be to fill the stadium and reward season ticket holders without ripping POTD customers off. Ticketing is a hot topic in football right now; hopefully clubs will start listening to their supporters they so clearly need, instead of pumping them for cash to help fund obscene wage bills. That is the biggest problem in football - player wages, which have risen beyond all reason and will only increase further with the new tv deal.

The so called strategy is to turn Potg fans into Season tkt holders , of course the Club is bothered about that part of the fan base.

The trouble starts when the Potg fan looses the habit of going to Hillsborough and finds something else to do , there is even a situation developing where it is cheaper to go to away matches to watch Wednesday than watch us at Home.

People should get on the kop if they're hard up, instead of pretending to be weekend millionaires on the south

i'm not sure it's the people on't sarf that aren't going...

they can relocate into norf and save a few 'quid', so no need to jump t' kop...

my mate has 'relocated' and says he can't believe how 'cold' it is in't norf that it was in't sarf...

i'm hoping next season's pricing is a lot 'simpler' than this season's 'debacle'...

in a season where the 'quality' of football and success should be the 'talking points', we're still on with gate prices from when, last june???

It's getting quite embarrassing now - Derby had 30k Brighton 26k even Wolves had more than us yesterday and Forest nearly same. Whilst crowd numbers dont win you points it is a shame that at the very time we finally have a team to be proud of our gates don't support the argument that given the chance of success we really are a big club.

Would have been closer to 23k yesterday if we'd have played a team with a bigger fan base.

Brentford only took 400.

Nonsense

We should be getting 25,000 minimum without the away support considering league position, form, players signed, home form etc....

Clutching at straws blaming the away fans for a low attendance.

It's getting quite embarrassing now - Derby had 30k Brighton 26k even Wolves had more than us yesterday and Forest nearly same. Whilst crowd numbers dont win you points it is a shame that at the very time we finally have a team to be proud of our gates don't support the argument that given the chance of success we really are a big club.

This is right ^^^^^^^^

Wednesday should be getting the highest attendances in the championship with the team we've got now

But at these prices we've got no chance

I'd go to loads more if it was around £25

As things are I've been priced out which is annoying after all the years of sh!!te I've endured at hillsborough.

A few seasons ago we were watching a poor team humping the ball into the box for 90 minutes hoping for one knockdown and a scramble into the goal, we weren't paying as much but we were only going because we were fans.

Yesterday I watched a class team massacre Brentford, and let me tell you we would have won easily even if they had 11 men, with their kamikaze high line in defence from the 1st minute.

We need to get our heads right, you can't buy quality for no money. I agree that it could be a little(maybe a fiver) less but if you are a real fan (not just spouting rubbish, to cause trouble) I would urge you to get down to Hillsborough because you are missing out in something special.

If we can achieve promotion they will be drawn back, mate

In the meantime, we have to hope DC doesn't lose his enthusiasm tank. He's already made frustrated comments about the attendances

Marcus Evrans at Ipswich, initially chucked money at it. Promotion didn't come and now they have one of the tightest budgets in the division

An alternative opinion to Yorkshire not having internet and still thinking tickets are over £50 ...

We've lost half the fanbase.

DA & co turned a generation over to the pigs

We now have to win over the next generation

It would help if the offers for the next generation were on a Saturday, not on a school night. A lot of the kids around me do not go to midweek matches as they are not home to well after 10.30.

Yesterday was a perfect opportunity to get people back in the ground. Then if a reasonable family ST was on sale they might have just sold a few more.

Charlton at home should be  family day. £50 for 2 adults 2 kids an extra £5 for a kid when bought with that ticket. Choose the stand and get them on sale now