Nuhiu

Not this old chestnut, Look up cause & correlation

Nuhiu (Burnley apart) doesn't start against the top teams.

Nuhiu didn't start against

Boro (twice),

Hull,

Derby,

Ipswich,

Birmingham

For his two starts against a top team, we gained ONE point.

Our teams picks up more points against lower teams (like the majority of teams do)

he had better start against Birmingham on Saturday. Joao is way off form.

To be fair, every ball belted up to Nuhiu first half, he had 20 yards to run to get to the ball, none were really close to him. They got the ball within five yards of Vokes everytime, which gave him chance to set his body, and he won most. Plus, Nuhiu was up against Keane, who is very commanding in the air.

Second half, Nuhiu put himself up against the other centre half, and every ball more or less was played closer to him, and their centre half couldn't cope with him.

Not to mention the lack of protection he gets from seemingly every official. Must be some rule stating that Nuhiu can be mounted or used as a climbing wall without it being deemed a foul.

No they weren't. There were plenty of balls played to him which he tried to bring down instead of jumping to flick on resulting in Burnley winning the ball back. He had more success in winning aerial battles when he actually got off the ground to head the ball.

Go on then, prove he's the reason for it.

You can't. FACT

Actually, someone proved this on the site not too long ago. It FACTUALLY proved that we won more points per game when he started. Might take me a while to find it though... Edited by Oliver Read

It is pretty obvious he is not a goalscorer. He is, most times, shocking at heading towards goal and shooting. 

However, the build up play/ hold up play that he gets involved with is amazing at times and sometimes the best in the team.

He links our strikeforce with the midfield with neat 1-2's and and clever through balls with his back to goal. 

Look back on the highlights against Bolton at home. Was involved in the build up in all 3. Yeah some may say its Bolton but he does this regularly like last night. 

Annoys me when people say he doesnt score so hes rubbish. That is not his part to play in the team. 

The first 25 to 30 minutes of the second half was the perfect centre-forward performance from Nuhiu.  He had Burnley in all sorts of trouble because he was unplayable.  We need that from him all match every match. 

I was really surprised when he was replaced by Joao.  In would have left him on. 

And now the grossly over exagerated post from pants!

Unplayable?         All sorts of trouble?     Perfect?

And FFS, can you not see that Nuhiu doesn't have the stamina to last 90 mins.

He can work hard in shorts bursts only, he just doen't have the athleticism/stamina of others.

In my opinion the substitutions were both 10 minutes to late.

Nuhiu did the damage with the goal assist, should have been brought off 10 mins after.

Ok first half. Like a man posessed second half. Their defenders and Dyche didnt know how to handle him.

Got my MoM.

Saw the Burnley Manager and coaching staff, pointing at him. He obviously caused them a lot of trouble and he does because he's that kind of awkward player. That said, his distribution is poor at the side of other players in the team and because of his size, I think he gets penalised by the ref even when he himself gets fouled. Forestieri and Hooper need to get on the end of his knockdowns more, sometimes he is too isolated from other team members

It is pretty obvious he is not a goalscorer. He is, most times, shocking at heading towards goal and shooting.

However, the build up play/ hold up play that he gets involved with is amazing at times and sometimes the best in the team.

He links our strikeforce with the midfield with neat 1-2's and and clever through balls with his back to goal.

Look back on the highlights against Bolton at home. Was involved in the build up in all 3. Yeah some may say its Bolton but he does this regularly like last night.

Annoys me when people say he doesnt score so hes rubbish. That is not his part to play in the team.

A striker who's jobs not to score?

And now the grossly over exagerated post from pants!

Unplayable?         All sorts of trouble?     Perfect?

And FFS, can you not see that Nuhiu doesn't have the stamina to last 90 mins.

He can work hard in shorts bursts only, he just doen't have the athleticism/stamina of others.

In my opinion the substitutions were both 10 minutes to late.

Nuhiu did the damage with the goal assist, should have been brought off 10 mins after.

Fvvcckk that!  I'm out.  I didn't realise that this thread had been hijacked by the Nuhiu haters - they can stay around and embarrass themselves.  Anyone that can't recognise Nuhiu's second half performance either didn't go (and some of them won't have) or are that entrenched in their sentiment that it blinds them. 

A striker who's jobs not to score?

Well, Forestieri and Hooper haven't scored for a couple. For some reason we've gone back to the square crossing game and Forestieri and Hopper are unlikely to score when the team plays in such a manner. They need ball to feet and to be running at defenders

Fvvcckk that!  I'm out.  I didn't realise that this thread had been hijacked by the Nuhiu haters - they can stay around and embarrass themselves.  Anyone that can't recognise Nuhiu's second half performance either didn't go (and some of them won't have) or are that entrenched in their sentiment that it blinds them. 

You've only read (and misnterpreted) what you wanted!

I've praised Nuhiu for his good assist and praised his burst in the 1st 10 mins of the second half.

I don't hate Nuhiu, I'm commenting that IMO he doesn't have the stamina to keep it up for long. You can see he tires very quickly. IMO he's the perfect impact sub, or sub to stifle a game.

So defensive pants, again ( and a flounce)

Totally sick of the crap written about Atdhe by many on here.

We all wish he was more consistent than he is and some of his attributes were stronger but let's revel in the skills he does have and the contribution he makes to the team and club.

He offers boundless enthusiasm, graft, team spirit, moments of sheer class and a genuine, excitable love of the club and its future.

We're not paying him a fortune but Big Dave has bought in to our club big time.

Don't think he wouldn't be snapped up if he was on the market - most respect CCs judgement and he would have fully backed the lenghty contract extention.

He appreciates his contribution.

There are some players who have worn a SWFC shirt who deserve the derision of the fans but Atdhe is not one of them - get off his back!

this. Clear, concise and accurate post

You've only read (and misnterpreted) what you wanted!

I've praised Nuhiu for his good assist and praised his burst in the 1st 10 mins of the second half.

I don't hate Nuhiu, I'm commenting that IMO he doesn't have the stamina to keep it up for long. You can see he tires very quickly. IMO he's the perfect impact sub, or sub to stifle a game.

So defensive pants, again ( and a flounce)

I'm not flouncing,  I just can't be bothered to join yet another instance of this hideous repetitive discussion.  Read my original post again.  It wasn't a dig at anyone and I wasn't trying to contribute to the "debate".  That post was just my recognition of a good second-half performance; yet you quote me and "have a go" - I would argue that you have misinterpreted my intentions in terms of my contribution to the thread.  I am genuinely surprised that Nuhiu's performance is being questioned. 

Please reply to this post if you wish, however, I intend not to post anymore in this thread.  I just haven't got the energy nor inclination to do so.  This whole screwed-up pro/anti-Nuhiu on-going argument makes my sh1tt hang!