Nuhiu

Dave had goog second half, but doesnt ever look like scoring.

It's strange how he appears to be the only Wednesday forward in history exempt from criticism of his goal scoring record.

Some have even invented "the Nuhiu role" where it doesn't matter if he only scores 2 goals in 24 games, as long as he's attempting to win headers and occupying 17 players at once.

Gives more than goals to the team apparently, yet it's impossible to find a stat that backs up this claim. Passing accuracy is woeful, wins very few aerial duels for a man of his size and rarely creates chances for his teammates.

It's worth remembering he cost nothing from the Austrian league. History will eventually show he's been an ok signing who helped us progress from a relegation threatened side, to a comfortable championship team. But now, with the current project in full swing, in my personal (perhaps brutal) opinion, he has no business playing alongside genuine quality, who for the most part of the season have carried him.

You could tell dyche had done his homework on nuhiu, that's why Burnleys back 4 was basically in our half all first half. They knew he isn't quick so crowded him out.

Was excellent 2nd half tho as Burnley sat further back allowing him to play

yeah, noticed that, their middle two couldn't cope with bannan and lee second half though, they both ran the game, like a swarm of bees them two

Midfielders I mean

It's strange how he appears to be the only Wednesday forward in history exempt from criticism of his goal scoring record.

Some have even invented "the Nuhiu role" where it doesn't matter if he only scores 2 goals in 24 games, as long as he's attempting to win headers and occupying 17 players at once.

Gives more than goals to the team apparently, yet it's impossible to find a stat that backs up this claim. Passing accuracy is woeful, wins very few aerial duels for a man of his size and rarely creates chances for his teammates.

It's worth remembering he cost nothing from the Austrian league. History will eventually show he's been an ok signing who helped us progress from a relegation threatened side, to a comfortable championship team. But now, with the current project in full swing, in my personal (perhaps brutal) opinion, he has no business playing alongside genuine quality, who for the most part of the season have carried him.

Certainly not exempt from criticism for not scoring enough but he is currently showing and maintaining good form and from what we have on our books and given the current form of Joao is IMO our best option to partner Hooper.

As things stand his performances warrant more praise than criticism but this seems hard for some.

Edited by Dagmeister

That's rich suggesting he's immune from criticism given the belting he gets on here from some fans? Like it or not he was our top scorer last year.

Edited by Captain30

Played ok in the first half, but he was superb in that second half and shouldn't have been taken off.

He was awful in the first half. Hardly won a header, lost the physical battle, didnt know what to do when he got the ball on the left wing and his shot come cross! But the second half he improved winning headers by actually jumping taller than he stands, closing down quicker and setting up Lee for his goal.

We don't have a better option in the team. He wins 95% of his headers, creates for his team mates and is suprisingly good with the ball at his feet.

You can't throw away everything he's learnt at Championship level now and replace it with a boy (Joao) to go through the same learning period.

From watching the last 10mins with Joao not winning a single header and we struggled to get past the HW line, I'd quite confidently say, if Joao started over Nuhiu last night, we'd have lost.

But the stats do show that we win more games when Nuhiu starts ;) There's something in that, and it's not luck. Edited by Oliver Read

Thought Nuhio was pathetic the first half. So slow, always out wide not involved enough no influence on the game, won barely anything in the air, went down like a sack of spuds. Second half he was better for 10-15 minutes did well for the goal, but the faded into nothingness and looked ZERO threat when the ball came into the box, so tame no aggression and poor timing. Don't rate him should only be a 20 minute sub for me as 4th choice striker, we need a more mobile link up player vokes at Burnley is the mould I'm alluding too.

Thought Nuhio was pathetic the first half. So slow, always out wide not involved enough no influence on the game, won barely anything in the air, went down like a sack of spuds. Second half he was better for 10-15 minutes did well for the goal, but the faded into nothingness and looked ZERO threat when the ball came into the box, so tame no aggression and poor timing. Don't rate him should only be a 20 minute sub for me as 4th choice striker, we need a more mobile link up player vokes at Burnley is the mould I'm alluding too.

Funny, cos 25% of people voted him as MOTM yesterday!

as iv'e said before  the man can play but is too inconsistent, needs to up the anti like the second half yesterday admmitedly i only listen'd on the radio . but all it was .was nuhiu does this and nuhiu does that iin a good way so fair do;s the chap must have excelled himself yesterday 

Edited by trevdi9