Nuhiu

Why is it if you have a different opinion you don't have a clue about football .that baffle's me does that one 

Wall to wall pundits Trev.......

its a mixture of FIFA 96..or whatever game is on the go at the minute.....and SKY sports    ...

Zonal marking???..Why mark space?.."Space never scored a goal"

We all nod sagely..cos thats what we do,,,

I played Nomads Sunday league..I was a crap right back.....If the Left winger scored..and I said 

"Sorry lads..I was markin' space"..I'd have got slaughtered....

Footballs still a simple game.......its complicated by folk who think theres a reason for every mistake,  every bad game, ....

The reason Nuhiu attracts all the attention is cos he is on the cusp of all this crap....

Good enough for this season...Not good enough for the Prem....

Lets be honest though..If Owls fans had slaughterd every Wednesday player who had not been good enough for the top division over the last 2 decades, ?

I'll leave that question hanging

Its nowt but alittle bit personal now with some...Thank F.ook Carlos sees beyond that petty crap

its a mixture of FIFA 96..or whatever game is on the go at the minute.....and SKY sports    ...

I played Nomads Sunday league..I was a crap right back.....If the Left winger scored..and I said 

Footballs still a simple game.......its complicated by folk who think theres a reason for every mistake,  every bad game, ....

The reason Nuhiu attracts all the attention is cos he is on the cusp of all this crap....

Lets be honest though..If Owls fans had slaughterd every Wednesday player who had not been good enough for the top division over the last 2 decades, ?

Its nowt but alittle bit personal now with some...Thank F.ook Carlos sees beyond that petty crap

Good post. Disappointed it wasn't presented in rhyming couplets though.

Good post. Disappointed it wasn't presented in rhyming couplets though.

If Nuhius' so pooh..io ...and Carlos  still does pick him yet?

How do we all explain the the vast amount of f.ookin' sh..* it he gets?

The fans all sing Carlos is king, ,but heres the f.ookin' bafflin' thing

Carlos dreams an' picks the team, ..but still we haven't caught on yet

If Adthe is so bad he, should be sat wiv me on't Eastern bank

not caperin' on't hallowed turf,..an' listening to the cries of..." W *nk"

Rocket science ..it is not, Us Owls fans do not know a lot

We trust in Carlos, Do we not?...please tell me just how far we've sank

If Nuhius' so pooh..io ...and Carlos  still does pick him yet?

How do we all explain the the vast amount of f.ookin' sh..* it he gets?

The fans all sing Carlos is king, ,but heres the f.ookin' bafflin' thing

Carlos dreams an' picks the team, ..but still we haven't caught on yet

If Adthe is so bad he, should be sat wiv me on't Eastern bank

not caperin' on't hallowed turf,..an' listening to the cries of..." W *nk"

Rocket science ..it is not, Us Owls fans do not know a lot

We trust in Carlos, Do we not?...please tell me just how far we've sank

It's a thumbs up from me :-)

Why is it if you have a different opinion you don't have a clue about football .that baffle's me does that one

So true Trev. It baffles me. Apparently you don't know about football also if you state that Loovens wasn't the only player at fault for Burnley's goal. The "Nuhiu only plays against crap teams" argument baffles me also. Football's full of subtleties that determine that it's never just one player's fault for an error occurring or something positive happening and I hate when people state you don't understand the game when you try to support a player when pointing out that there are other factors that impact upon the situation - it's not "binary". Luckily, there's only one opinion that counts in terms of whether Nuhiu should play or not and that CC's. That's good enough for me whether he picks him or not.

good post Andy . 

Good post.

I agree, it's too easy to overcomplicate the game these days with endless analysis, it's a by product of the digital age.

I don't agree so much about zonal marking. Indeed, "space never scored a goal" but....the player that ran in to it did, so I don't think it's quite that simple.

I'll come out of the closet and admit that I am a big Nuhiu fan, he's not perfect but used correctly he can be very effective. I'm pleased CC can also see his worth and let's be honest he knows better than any of us.

Zonal marking. It is the word 'marking' that is the problem. It is misleading. The meaning is to shift emphasis away from the opposition players and concentrate on winning the ball and getting it away.

Whether this is a good tactic will be debated for all time

So true Trev. It baffles me. Apparently you don't know about football also if you state that Loovens wasn't the only player at fault for Burnley's goal. The "Nuhiu only plays against crap teams" argument baffles me also. Football's full of subtleties that determine that it's never just one player's fault for an error occurring or something positive happening and I hate when people state you don't understand the game when you try to support a player when pointing out that there are other factors that impact upon the situation - it's not "binary". Luckily, there's only one opinion that counts in terms of whether Nuhiu should play or not and that CC's. That's good enough for me whether he picks him or not.

This is a constant of your Pants, exaggerating and distorting opinions that you don't agree with. Making comments up and puting them in speech marks.

I can't remember anyone saying Nuhiu only plays against crap teams.

The comments are more balanced, such as Nuhiu has only started against 2 of the Top 10 teams.

Obviously CC has his reasons for this. And to date CC decisons are working out.

Edited by zzmdu

Critics should take another look at the Lee goal v Burnley.Both Burnley centre backs trying to stop Nuhiu getting the header and leaving space for Lee to run into and score.

Critics should take another look at the Lee goal v Burnley.Both Burnley centre backs trying to stop Nuhiu getting the header and leaving space for Lee to run into and score.

Nuhiu's assist was a great deliberate header into Lee's path. Good, deliberate and obvious assist.

Has anyone said any different?

I don't know why this debate keeps cropping up TBH. Granted he's not the most gifted player and he's not a natural finisher but when used correctly he's arguably one of our more effective players and he's got a big role to play between now and the end of the season.

I don't know why this debate keeps cropping up TBH. Granted he's not the most gifted player and he's not a natural finisher but when used correctly he's arguably one of our more effective players and he's got a big role to play between now and the end of the season.

Its because too many on here, can't post in a balanced way about Nuhiu. They've lost the plot

Reading the comments, the balanced sensible consensus would be a poor 1st half, but decent opening 2nd half assisting the equaliser.

To me, a decent game, nothing more nothing less.

But read the usual ridiculous over reaction:

Thought Nuhiu was superb both halfs.

but 2nd half last night he set new expectations. He was a 2nd half man of the match for me.

He was excellent.

Unplayable

he was superb in that second half and shouldn't have been taken off.

perfect centre-forward performance

he was unplayable

amazing at times

And on The flip side a couple of over negative comments:

Was a waste of space throughout the game.

if he's on £12 a week that's about right

That's why these threads continue to spring up. No balance.

Well stop flipping well talking about him then! 

He's not great, he's ok. 

Occasionally he has good games, sometimes he has stinkers. 

He's a professional footballer, not Joseph flipping Stalin. 

Today I saw some moron on Facebook putting "The good news is Nuhiu is injured". 

What kind of "fan"/person puts that about someone. 

Unreal. 

Edited by SiJ

Today I saw some moron on Facebook putting "The good news is Nuhiu is injured". 

What kind of "fan"/person puts that about someone. 

Unreal. 

Whilst injuries do provide opportunites for new players/ideas, what a gash thing to say.

Comments like the above aren't from supporters.

This is a constant of your Pants, exaggerating and distorting opinions that you don't agree with. Making comments up and puting them in speech marks.

I can't remember anyone saying Nuhiu only plays against crap teams.

The comments are more balanced, such as Nuhiu has only started against 2 of the Top 10 teams.

Obviously CC has his reasons for this. And to date CC decisons are working out.

ok.