Official February Loan Window Rumours Megathread

Some fans don't want promotion then

Come on Semedo replacing Hutchinson hes league 1 standard at best

He's not as good as Hutchinson granted but if Hutch is out and we're waiting on another loan target to be available for the play-offs who else do we select? At least we don't have to replace Hutch with you then I would be concerned 😛

Guest wilyfox

He's not as good as Hutchinson granted but if Hutch is out and we're waiting on another loan target to be available for the play-offs who else do we select? At least we don't have to replace Hutch with you then I would be concerned

Lee and Bannan together, or McGugan, or Lopez. Semedo is a backwards step. We're knocking on the door of the premier league. The likes of Semedo and Helan are of little use to us now. We've hit the ceiling for how high those two can go with us. They're not the only ones, either.

Lee and Bannan together, or McGugan, or Lopez. Semedo is a backwards step. We're knocking on the door of the premier league. The likes of Semedo and Helan are of little use to us now. We've hit the ceiling for how high those two can go with us. They're not the only ones, either.

Merciless but that's how it is if you need to progress.  I agree.

Semedo to come back as a coach once he's hung up his boots.

Semedo isn't League One standard. He isn't top end Championship standard granted but he's better than League One.

He's a squad member, & when needed he'll come in & give his all. I don't see whats wrong with that.

There isn't a single team in this league with a squad full of top end championship players. You wouldn't be able to keep them all happy. Semedo has been a great servant to this club and deserves a bit more respect.

Semedo isn't League One standard. He isn't top end Championship standard granted but he's better than League One.

He's a squad member, & when needed he'll come in & give his all. I don't see whats wrong with that.

There isn't a single team in this league with a squad full of top end championship players. You wouldn't be able to keep them all happy. Semedo has been a great servant to this club and deserves a bit more respect.

I'm sorry but I disagree, Semedo is a league one footballer at best, He's so limited it's untrue, I watched Peterborough last night and I don't think he'd even get in their team, All very technically gifted players and that's what you need to be these days. Not doubting the guy as a person , Top pro who's got Wednesday in his blood but sentiment aside he needs to be released at the end of the season, He's still got a good few years left for someone else lower down the pyramid, Sadly not with us.

Have to agree regarding Semedo.

He's an absolutely awesome pro, and has played an instrumental role in our forward progress over the last five years.

It's now time for him to move on, though. He just isn't comfortable enough on the ball to fit in our system. He isn't a great passer of the ball, he doesn't set up chances and he doesn't score goals.

I think Bannan and Lee are just about as good as him from a defensive point of view too, and they certainly don't have any of the aforementioned limitations.

It's hard not to be sentimental at the thought of Semedo leaving because his passion and dedication to the club has been unquestionable since the minute that he arrived. That just isn't enough of a reason to keep him, though. We've got to keep moving forwards.

Jose is not a poor player, but he is not as good a footballer as we have now and more importantly does not fit our style of play.

In previous seasons we have been very grateful to have Jose in our side , he has played an awesome part in establishing us as a championship club.

We now hope to move on but the people having a go at him on here are a bit pathetic really.

Show some recognition for the commitment and ability he has given the club

Edited by oldishowl