Official February Loan Window Rumours Megathread

Apparently, reports in the Algerian press this morning say that Guedioura is not interested in joining Sheffield Wednesday, or any other Championship club, preferring to stay and fight for a place in the Watford side

They'd sold out by the time I got to our newsagents this morning

? Indicates a question in this case it was questioning my spelling. Couldn't be arsed to look it up. I'd like to say I'm sorry but I don't tell lies.

I didn't quote you, I just provided a correct spelling in a subsequent post, for the benefit of others not familiar with said player so that they could carry out a search on him using his name.

Guest wilyfox

Apparently, reports in the Algerian press this morning say that Guedioura is not interested in joining Sheffield Wednesday, or any other Championship club, preferring to stay and fight for a place in the Watford side

Let's see if he still feels the same in 2 or 3 weeks time.

I wonder whether Mark Davies may be back into view? - us paying his whole wages would certainly help Bolton's plight a bit, and plays in the position we are looking to strengthen.

Struggling to understand why we would suddenly feel the need to get anyone else in short term that hadn't already been looked at as a permanent transfer, which goes against CC's principles.

Suppose they go out the window though when the smell of the Premier League wafts by...

Could look at a centre back?

Read in one of the papers that James Chester should be available to loan. He needs game time to remain in Wales' defence for the Euro's.

And a midfield enforcer is what we need. Best suggestions are Guedioura and Jedinak. Chester and Guedioura or similar would be ideal.

Plus I would've liked Guedioura and Jerome in the transfer window from our two favourite clubs to do business with.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Guest wilyfox

Yep, and that's why I say wait and see in a coupla weeks. The press often portray the wrong assumption.

Edited by wilyfox

Guest wilyfox

I still reckon we'll get either Guedioura or Gibson towards the end of Feb. Playoff final is May 28, so we can probably get someone on or around the 25th Feb to cover right through.

I still reckon we'll get either Guedioura or Gibson towards the end of Feb. Playoff final is May 28, so we can probably get someone on or around the 25th Feb to cover right through.

Gibson's experience alone would be fantastic to bring into the current squad. I'd like to see that one happen TBH.

Plus, he doesn't mind the cold northern weather if Guedioura's not for turning.

Guest wilyfox

Gibson's experience alone would be fantastic to bring into the current squad. I'd like to see that one happen TBH.

Plus, he doesn't mind the cold northern weather if Guedioura's not for turning.

Either would be very good. I'd prefer the athleticism of Guedioura, as he offers a bit of everything in the middle of the park; but Gibson is out of contract in the summer - so he'd be well worth a look with an eye on next season too.

Either would be very good. I'd prefer the athleticism of Guedioura, as he offers a bit of everything in the middle of the park; but Gibson is out of contract in the summer - so he'd be well worth a look with an eye on next season too.

Is this the same Gibson that's only managed 3 starts in the last 3 seasons?

His injury record is appalling and makes Hutch look like a bastion of fitness. Cracking cracking player, and I'm not one to say we shouldn't sign someone based on their injury history (just look at the wonders we've worked with Hutch), but it'd represent a huge risk taken on our part. 

Guest wilyfox

Is this the same Gibson that's only managed 3 starts in the last 3 seasons?

His injury record is appalling and makes Hutch look like a bastion of fitness. Cracking cracking player, and I'm not one to say we shouldn't sign someone based on their injury history (just look at the wonders we've worked with Hutch), but it'd represent a huge risk taken on our part.

Injuries aren't the only reason for his limited game time at Everton. He's up against Barry, McCarthy, Cleverly, Osman, and Besic etc. for a place in their side, which probably makes his appearance record look worse than it could have been. You never know when injury will strike, but sometimes when you lift a player from one club and put him in a different regime at another, that can make a difference.

Edited by wilyfox

Injuries aren't the only reason for his limited game time at Everton. He's up against Barry, McCarthy, Cleverly, Osman, and Besic etc. for a place in their side, which probably makes his appearance record look worse than it could have been. You never know when injury will strike, but sometimes when you lift a player from one club and put him in a different regime at another, that can make a difference.

He's had a serious number of setbacks granted. I normally poo poo those targets with a patchy injury history. However, Gibson is one of those few who I rate. He's a decent player and suspect if he'd been able to have a run out then he'd establish himself at any club. We'd be fools not to enquire.

Just maybe, a move to a club like us, where we are now and where we will be in next couple of seasons would be a massive incentive for him to stay fit, stay out of the media for right reasons, and give himself a decent last five or six seasons at a top level.

Only he would know, but if you alone, for him, where he is, we are a better proposition than Blackburn Rovers.

He'd be a good addition IMHO.