Official Deadline Day Thread

09:38

SWANSEA TARGET MIDFIELDER

Sky Sports News HQ reporter Amy Lewis is in position at the Liberty Stadium and she's told us that Swansea want to add a midfielder before the 11pm deadline...

"We know Swansea want to bring in a midfielder, with Reading’s Danny Williams a reported target.

“The club are in talks, but nothing has been agreed just yet.”

Aiden McGeady looks set to get the loan move he has been craving in this transfer window as his switch from Everton to Sheffield Wednesday looks to be confirmed imminently.

McGeady is believed to have rejected the potential offer of a move to join Spanish side Sevilla on loan over the weekend, with one other Championship club rivalling Sheffield Wednesday to complete a switch that will keep the player's hopes of a place in Ireland's Euro 2016 squad alive.

The news is not so positive for Gibson, who played in the closing stages of Everton’s 3-0 FA Cup win over Carlisle on Sunday.

Like McGeady, Republic of Ireland midfielder Gibson has been told that he can leave Everton on loan this month, but there has been a lack of interest in the former Manchester United star.

Everton have held “tentative talks” with clubs interested in Gibson, but they are awaiting to see if those discussions lead to a concrete offer ahead of the 11pm deadline.

http://www.sundayworld.com/sport/soccer/aiden-mcgeadys-loan-move-set-to-be-confirmed?

Wouldn't surprise me if Wednesday go for an attacking midfielder seeing as they dropped the Mark Davies deal 1/2 #swfc #DeadlineDay

SWFC Transfer Centre â€@DanielLawton3  38s

Also could see us going for a centre back with Turner and Hutch especially being injury prone, who's knows.. Let's see 1f440.png#swfc #DeadlineDay

Good morning all and what a fantabulous day it is, Deadline Day... it's like Christmas and a Bar Mitzvah thrown into one.Will it be a wonderful occasion? Will it fizzle out while we watch as everyone else seems to have more fun than us? We'll see soon!

(Me, I'm going for McGeady and that's it. I like how that sounds like I'm disappointed. If I had said that a year ago I would have thought I was on something...)

Edited by StudentOwl

10:06

CARDIFF SIGN ZOHORE

Cardiff City have announced the loan signing of Kenneth Zohore from Belgium side KV Kortrijk, subject to international clearance.

That's the one Tan signed for one of his other clubs in order to loan to Cardiff and to get around the transfer embargo.

apparantly the FL are ok with it............