Sign in to follow this  
Saxondale

Official Deadline Day Thread

Agree, a strong DCM player short for me

This 1000%

Yes quite, but we might need to have a bit of a rethink on that one Perhaps have to wait until the summer though

No this can't wait this could really cost us. If Hutch gets injured we have no replacement (why people think Lopez is a replacement baffles me, they are nothing a like)

That leaves us with Semedo and leaves us severally weakened. Should really have gone for Diagorouga of Brentford in my opinion

No this can't wait this could really cost us. If Hutch gets injured we have no replacement (why people think Lopez is a replacement baffles me, they are nothing a like)

That leaves us with Semedo and leaves us severally weakened. Should really have gone for Diagorouga of Brentford in my opinion

Baffles me too, but we may be prepared to risk it, especially as, most of the time it's Bannan and Lee in the centre

Baffles me too, but we may be prepared to risk it, especially as, most of the time it's Bannan and Lee in the centre

I just feel Lee and Bannan whilst wonderful at home can sometimes get overrun away from home and were to open.

But my main reason for wanting a DCM in would be to let Hutch drop back in centre back where I don't think you will find a better one on the league. He looks a complete natural there to me

Headline News on another exciting Deadline Day....

Modest club in Potteries sign a bloke nobody has ever heard of.

Second club on Merseyside sign some bloke we have never heard of.

Join us next year, when other modest clubs will sign other blokes we have never heard of.

Sheffield United reveal they made improved bids for specific targets today but were unable to complete any transfers. #SUFC

Unfortunatly football clubs with the exception of L**ds dont accept bags of peanuts as payment

Last 4 games this season for Middlesborough
Burnley away
Ipswich home
Birmingham away
Brighton home

Rhodes may turn out to be a cracking signing and didn't cost us a penny

We'll sign Guadiora when the loan window opens. Promise :)

I'm excited by the signing of Miss Rabbit. I suspect Hutch will help her bed in nicely.

*don't bother I've already grabbed me coat*

SSN ... "Lets round up the biggest Championship deals - Aiden McGeady to Sheffield Wednesday etc etc" - before they announce Tarkowski to Burnley and the other clubs, nice to still end deadline day on top boys and girls!

Heres a sentence you wont read very often...Just listened to Jermain Jeanas making a good point.

He was giving his opinion why the Prem top six bought no-one. His view was that at this time of year they prefer a settled squad rather than risk unsettling by bringing new players into the starting line up.

Thats us. Apart from McGeady we have taken our very settled squad and made them even more settled, signing Hooper and giving long term contracts to several key players.

And even the single incommer makes total sense. More competition out wide.

Got a great feeling about the run-in.

Is this real....

He set up an online vote for pigs, after they dint spend a bean

I can't breathe

@jamesDphipps

Here are my thoughts on SUFC's JTW 2016: linkedin.com/pulse/my-thoug…. Help me understand collective view here: flashvote.me/iefa40.

Did Bus get out on loan in time or not? Nothing on the OS. Possibly will have to wait for loan window.

Did Bus get out on loan in time or not? Nothing on the OS. Possibly will have to wait for loan window.

It's irrelevant surely if he's being loaned out then he's being loaned out. He needs game time, so we'd be foolish not to get him out to another club to play regularly. Sensible asset management, will up/maintain the price he'd actually fetch if we sold him in summer.

Don't think we'll go for the AG straight away as he wouldn't be available for the playoffs. Downside there is (if I've got my dates right) to be with us for the playoff final we can't sign him until Feb the 27th. I do hope the games between now and then don't cost us!

Jack Hunt fee confirmed as £1.2m according to here:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/01/premier-league-transfer-window-january-2016-club-by-club

Crystal Palace

Ins Emmanuel Adebayor (free)

Outs Jonny Williams (MK Dons, loan), Jack Hunt (Sheffield Wednesday, £1.2m), Jake Gray (Hartlepool, loan), Jerome Binom-Williams (Leyton Orient, loan)

Around £1m was what I was hoping for, a little concerned we'd overpaid for him at the time but that seems about right.