Just have a minute

And think about the last 15 years of woe.

The plummet from the Prem into league 1. The horrible Allen years. THE DEBT. Lee Strafford and the 'cream of the crop'. Yo-yoing between bottom of champ and league 1.

All those boardroom section posts where we were all willing a takeover. For years- unbelievable frustration.

Horrible football- (apart from a few years of decent under Laws.)

A decaying stadium. The flooded pitch..

All those years we were hoping for this. The way we are playing now- like a proper quality team.

I honestly thought it would never happen- those were dark times.

But now all those fans who never got to see the likes of Hirst, Shezza, Nillson and Waddle will soon get the reward they deserve.

We are gonna be great again. 

I'm getting the same buzz for the club I had in the 90's. 

Bring it on!

UTO.

Edited by Beholder

It's amazing that a big, traditional and historical club such as ourselves were even allowed to go through such horrible times, can't believe no one else saw the potential in us unti now. I've read many comments from people who support prem teams all saying that we are sorely missed and wish we'd be back up there. Here's to the future of our proud and great club!

And think about the last 15 years of woe.

The plummet from the Prem into league 1. The horrible Allen years. THE DEBT. Lee Strafford and the 'cream of the crop'. Yo-yoing between bottom of champ and league 1.

All those boardroom section posts where we were all willing a takeover. For years- unbelievable frustration.

Horrible football- (apart from a few years of decent under Laws.)

A decaying stadium. The flooded pitch..

All those years we were hoping for this. The way we are playing now- like a proper quality team.

I honestly thought it would never happen- those were dark times.

But now all those fans who never got to see the likes of Hirst, Shezza, Nillson and Waddle will soon get the reward they deserve.

We are gonna be great again. 

I'm getting the same buzz for the club I had in the 90's. 

Bring it on!

UTO.

Ditto. Me, you and quite a few others I believe

my oldest son was born in 2000, living outside of sheffield he has been laughed at who he follows from his mates all his life, its a pleasure to see him with a footballing smile on his face and a bounce in his step.

the futures bright, its blue and white.

my oldest son was born in 2000, living outside of sheffield he has been laughed at who he follows from his mates all his life, its a pleasure to see him with a footballing smile on his face and a bounce in his step.

the futures bright, its blue and white.

I'm actually glad I don't support Liverpool, man utd or Chelsea in a way. Everyone sees all their fans as glory hunters regardless of when they started spring then. Their fans moan if they don't win every game and their work ems if they are not too four.

Supporying a lesser team gains a respect from other teams fans, or suffering is like a badge of honour and we take pleasure in more realistic aims of football.

Least that's what I tell myself lol

I went to my first games in our final Premiership season (it's not even called the Premiership now...) and whenever I talk to fans of other clubs the first names they always mention are Di Canio and Carbone. It's great that people of my era still associate us with those years in the top flight and have that respect because of it, but we're way beyond ready for a return.

Guest _Ibbo_

Yes but spare a thought for poor TAS and the 8,000 boycotters who won't see this glorious period of our history... #thinkaboutTAS

I'd rather not thanks....

We're not the only club who've gone through the mill in the past 10 years or so. I think when you support a club though you're more active and interested in what's going on within it. If you did deep into former PL clubs like Portsmouth, Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Bolton, Charlton, Blackburn, Wimbledon, Coventry and even Sheffield United then you'll see there are other clubs in an even worse position that we were when we were taken over. Some of these clubs have since been taken over and are still in a poor state.

It's great to see us on an upturn though and long may it continue.

We're not the only club who've gone through the mill in the past 10 years or so. I think when you support a club though you're more active and interested in what's going on within it. If you did deep into former PL clubs like Portsmouth, Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Bolton, Charlton, Blackburn, Wimbledon, Coventry and even Sheffield United then you'll see there are other clubs in an even worse position that we were when we were taken over. Some of these clubs have since been taken over and are still in a poor state.

It's great to see us on an upturn though and long may it continue.

True but our exile has been quite a bit longer than all of those you mentioned.