ANOTHER ticket price thread

So if we don't get 30K for the Brighton game, the 3rd game in a week when we play Arsenal and Nottingham Forest, the fans deserve everything they get

Some proper freaking mentalists on here

lol

We obviously don't have the support everybody has been banging on about

Edited by happy bunny

If that's the case he has two options

1) Pay for promotion himself and double his money when we get there

2) Don't even think about buying a football club

With scenario 1, the impact our ticket price hike has had on his plan will be negligible - it might bring in an extra £500k.

Getting to the PL will cost us circa £50m.

We obviously don't have the support everybody has been banging on about

no we don't happy bunny, not at a steeper price...

i'd priced it once, wonderin' how much it would cost...

i reckoned a couple of years ago, around £40/50m would buy the club and fund a couple of shots, that's all...

that is the main reason i was amazed that he went for levelling the pitch, and playing football...

footballers are costlier than athletes...

adding to the defensive element of gray's mid tablers with some serious attackers would have been more cost effective than 

the complete turn around we've had...

and by adding £3/4/5 to a seat i'd hoped that we'd have around 26/28k in...

I don't know what you're talking about?

You keep quoting last seasons average at £23.10, I'd like to know how you arrived at that figure and point to your sources for the exercise

Break down your 50 million please.

If true I'm sure DC would do it like a shot. He could take us up and double his money irrespective of what happened then.

Or is this your magic calculator running wild again??

DC said promotion by 2016-17

Two years wages and transfer fees for a team good enough to get promoted would come to around £50m IMO

If that's the case he has two options

1) Pay for promotion himself and double his money when we get there

2) Don't even think about buying a football club

With scenario 1, the impact our ticket price hike has had on his plan will be negligible - it might bring in an extra £500k.

Getting to the PL will cost us circa £50m.

and when we get to the premier league with the new tv deal coming in he will make double even if we get relegated first year!!!! If we stay up he will maximise the money he has put in.

With scenario one, he still has to make as much money as possible to pay for things whether it is a dent or not. 500k is 500k more than last year and probably helping with some of the wages of our better players.

No matter what you think (apart from Man City) most clubs make money. Look at Chelsea in 2004. Spent hundreds of millions and now look at them they make around 40-50 million a season just loaning out there players. The sponsorship and TV money is insane and will be making a profit. Give it another roughly 10 years on this basis they will be in profit and Abromovich will be seeing a huge return on his investment!!

Edited by SouthernOwl24

Fine it is the magic calculator, more spurious figures plucked out of thin air.

I believe he will have invested in the team to date with wages and transfer fee's somewhere around £12m (I can admit I'm guessing though). Therefore on the basis of your guess he will need to do what he has done to date at least another 4 times.

We will have a transfer embargo long before that happens so may as well forget the premier league.

Lets go back to £23to get in and watch Maghoma and Maguire and just accept mid table mediocrity.

THIS although I reckon hes invested a bit more to cover the wage bill. Maybe 15Million. Still the same points though

no we don't happy bunny, not at a steeper price...

i'd priced it once, wonderin' how much it would cost...

i reckoned a couple of years ago, around £40/50m would buy the club and fund a couple of shots, that's all...

that is the main reason i was amazed that he went for levelling the pitch, and playing football...

footballers are costlier than athletes...

adding to the defensive element of gray's mid tablers with some serious attackers would have been more cost effective than 

the complete turn around we've had...

and by adding £3/4/5 to a seat i'd hoped that we'd have around 26/28k in...

The three games in a week is the perfect scenario to discuss the average wednesday fan

Would it be fair to say that the Arsenal gate will be boosted by the big game fans who will pay a premium (£30) and won't come to Forest or Brighton

The Forest game will be boosted by 3/4k forest fans and the owls fan who again is prepared to pay a premium (£30)

The Brighton game will be boosted by the if results go our way we're on a roll fans and the priced out fans

Why will we only get 22k for Brighton, the outpriced fans won't have been able to afford the above games and have got the best ever opportunity to prove to DC that he has got his policy wrong (oh, and enjoy watching wednesday)

Fine it is the magic calculator, more spurious figures plucked out of thin air.

Hence why I said 'circa £50m' as opposed to '£50m FACT'

Lets go back to £23to get in and watch Maghoma and Maguire and just accept mid table mediocrity.

You say this over and over again - 'pay £23 and you get last year's team, pay £33 and you get this years' - as though that extra £10 has paid for the improvements - it hasn't - not by a long way.

Edited by KivoOwl

Think this shows that the club now know that got it wrong over ticket prices at start of season. If people just accepted the prices without making a fuss that it would probably have been £39 on average for the kop.

The slight problem I think the club now has is that it will have to work 3 times as hard to win back the few thousand of fans who they have lost by the ridiculous prices for the Bristol City game. Hopefully the team continuing the winning run will help.

Got it wrong? That cant be. DC is a businessman and has NEVER made a single mistake in his life...

Edited by poite

I will give you two real life choices.

Milan Mandaric - last years ticket prices and no investment in the team

DC - This years prices and significant investment

Whatever you think those are your choices. There are no real life other choices that exist.

If the investment this year means the prices have to go up so much that I cant afford to go Id rather have no investment. The ability to go and watch wednesday win, lose or draw is more attractive to me than having to listen to them win while sat at home.

Thats my feeling on the matter HOWEVER, the ticket prices we have seen recently are not as band as first thought so I would still be able to go, but you see my point.

I will give you two real life choices.

Milan Mandaric - last years ticket prices and no investment in the team

DC - This years prices and significant investment

Whatever you think those are your choices. There are no real life other choices that exist.

To be fair there isn't even a choice we have DC and thats it.

I have even seen Wednesday fans stating that they would rather be in league 2 paying £18 quid a game, than in the premiership paying the prices we are now.

Lets be honest if we go up the prices are going up across the board, but I am sure people will find the money and more at that point.

Edited by BD2OWL

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

Even if these over inflated prices have only affected a very small minority the thought of genuine fans who have been priced out is really sad, for those who can afford it and don't see the rises as a problem good luck to you and i'm sure nobody begrudes that one bit but it's the supporters who don't see the bigger picture that fans on low incomes who have ploughed money into the club over the years and seen some horrid seasons and don't seem bothered they are being frozen out. The thought of wednesday fans saying wawaw then happy with prices that have stopped a dad bringing his son to the game seems condesending