ANOTHER ticket price thread

You can do the members average potd price, and add on £1.30 (I.e. The £30 fee divided over 23 league games)

Or why not just compare to last seasons members average then it doesn't matter if you include the cost or not providing you do the same for both

Edited by Ash76

Very difficult to quantify.

Average for a member so far would be £27.

And that I see as a reasonable price to pay given the investment in infrastructure and players. Yes it doesn't make a dent in what Chansari is ploughing into this but too many Wednesday fans want top drawer stuff without contributing a small element towards it.

Someone posted on here what the ticket prices were in 1999 - be good to see what they were

And that is totally indicative of the missed opportunity that SWFC had pre-season.

That game could/should have been a 28k attendance. It wasn't because of the scandalous prices and that resentment has lingered and festered ever since and affected every home gate this season.

These 'lower' prices might be too little, too late. The horses have already bolted DC.

great post

great post

It was poor strategy - I just think Chansari listened to his advisors who themselves had read the book on football finances and thought fan loyalty would win the day

I'm guessing you don't have children to take when you go mate, with a bite to eat, programme, and travel from doncaster on top of tickets i don't get much change from £80. Sadly i don't bring home much more than £240 so that does equate to 1/3 of my income

Apologies then & good effort even making the odd game on that.

When I total up what I've spent this season so far it's scarey now you made me think about it Newcastle & Brentford week must have spent £200 following Wednesday which is daft really.

When I total up what I've spent this season so far it's scarey now you made me think about it Newcastle & Brentford week must have spent £200 following Wednesday which is daft really.

So you do have some humility.

Much better post than your people looking for excuses drivel.

Guest mrbluesky

That is based on Premier League TV money and a cap just for away fans - on the basis that those going away are primarily home season ticket holders paying substantially more for that

Based.

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

No need to apologise fella at the end of day we all bleed blue and white and all want the best for wednesday 

No need to apologise fella at the end of day we all bleed blue and white and all want the best for wednesday

I really don't think anyone is justifying prices in Category D and above. Whether we do get any games at that level over the next few months will be interesting

Hopefully the advisors have done their sums on Revenue = Price X Quantity.

But I do think some Wednesday fans have to accept that the price really can't go below a certain level IF you want the club to improve both on and off the pitch. Chansari is funding huge sums of this and to not contribute just a little more seems a fair and reasonable compromise

@swfcTICKETS: Nottingham Forest & Brighton home tickets now on sale.

Forest = Category E (Members from £25)

Brighton = Category G (£20 all adults)

#swfc

This £52 a game malarkey really is getting too much....

IF these prices are correct it just shows how badly wrong the club (or someone within it) got it !

Trouble is the enthusiasm tank is now settled and those that might have really been tempted to start going are rubbing their injuries after paying (or recoiling) from the BC and originally expected pricing... Basically the club have put a major dent in the chance of getting the old girl rocking by being prematurely greedy..

Let's not kid ourselves, if these prices are correct they have only come about because of the sensible fans staying away and not because all those "I'm alright Jack" fanns are saying the "new prices" are correct..

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

I really don't think anyone is justifying prices in Category D and above. Whether we do get any games at that level over the next few months will be interesting

Hopefully the advisors have done their sums on Revenue = Price X Quantity.

But I do think some Wednesday fans have to accept that the price really can't go below a certain level IF you want the club to improve both on and off the pitch. Chansari is funding huge sums of this and to not contribute just a little more seems a fair and reasonable compromise

How do teams like dortmund and bayern charge £17 ish to watch world class players and still be showing huge profits each year? i know merchandising and tv is a main factor but they consider the quantity of supporters in their grounds is more beneficial than an half empty soul less stadium ( sorry for the german comparison but you kinda get my drift ) lol