ANOTHER ticket price thread

Why do we constantly look for 'Admission Prices' and the way they have increased all the time.

Two questions :-

1 Which game attracted the largest support this season?

2. Which game was the most expensive this season?

The first game was the most expensive yet attracted the largest crowd.

Since the, 2 things have happened. The first is that prices have dropped, the second, gates have dropped until levelling at around 20,000.

This tells me that people have objected strongly to the price hike (just wait for the Premiership) and have already made up their minds to withdraw their support, so no amount of argument ,or facts and figures, will change that.

Still have people complaining after these ticket price releases! Unbelieveable. 

Im sure we will see everyone that has complained at the brighton match then? Obviously we will not because there is always another excuse.

Midweek? 3 home games? Nuhui? Sky TV is too much, I had to buy it for the 3 televised games? Im working? Dont want to sit on the KOP? My cats gone missing?

Same old rubbish from the same old people. Chansiri has now made these two games cheaper than last year and if we dont see a significant crowd increase he will put them back to older prices where we are still averaging around 20k and making more money. Business decision and whether it fleeces the fans or not he does not really care as long as it increases revenue. Business is business no time for sentiment and all that. 

Forest is still not cheap, it just seems a better offer because the prices for the other have been so ridiculous

the fact is, football is very much like petrol, you're english, you'll not be gettin' it cheap...

we WANT a better side, and somebody has to pay for it...

so the prices last term HAD to be increased, BUT they have to be increased in a way as not to disenfranchise support (very difficult)...

hopefully cc's side can continue it's uphill push, then crowds will return...

also (hopefully) hold whilst prices are lifted...

however, should the side falter on the field of play?

'kin 'ell, the whole things a minefield...

Sorry but it just gives discounts to those that are already getting discounts and not really tempting any of the wider fan base in, but so long as you're allreyt Jack eh ?

It's got nothing to do with being 'alright Jack', but you keep peddling that if you wish

Against the team at the top of the table with the cheapest tickets of the season on offer

That just goes to prove that DC really is flogging a dead horse

My thoughts exactly and as a businessman; if he cannot make more revenue with cheaper tickets (just like Milan failed to do) he will just push the price back up to 30-40 on the 20k that we have been getting. 

My thoughts exactly and as a businessman; if he cannot make more revenue with cheaper tickets (just like Milan failed to do) he will just push the price back up to 30-40 on the 20k that we have been getting. 

i'll tell you this for free...

i bet he's realised he's bought a different club from the one he thought he was gettin'...

IF our average crowd is about the same as last terms, then...

he's got 23 games @ (about) £7 a ticket increase???

£3m+, it's way short of funding a further push this term...

Guest Deleted member

So if we don't get 30K for the Brighton game, the 3rd game in a week when we play Arsenal and Nottingham Forest, the fans deserve everything they get

Some proper freaking mentalists on here

lol

So if we don't get 30K for the Brighton game, the 3rd game in a week when we play Arsenal and Nottingham Forest, the fans deserve everything they get

lol

that is not what Im saying- I think Chansiri has reduced the Brighton game because of this congestion.

However if only the 'usual' 20k show up he may as well have charged 30-40.

He will not back down next time if its a low crowd against brighton due to the fact he is a businessman and wants to make money. If only the 'usual' turn up hes lost 7-10 per head as they would and have been paying the increase.

Edited by SouthernOwl24

lol

i think IF some stood back and read what they'd put, just before they pressed 'post'...

3 games in a week is tough, n' it looks like the club has recognised it...

i'll tell you this for free...

i bet he's realised he's bought a different club from the one he thought he was gettin'...

IF our average crowd is about the same as last terms, then...

he's got 23 games @ (about) £7 a ticket increase???

£3m+, it's way short of funding a further push this term...

agreed- 3 million is better than no million but we finally agree on something. 

agreed- 3 million is better than no million but we finally agree on something. 

i actually 'agree' (somewhat) with the price rises, however, i think they were too much, too soon...

i'm not sure if the £5m shortfall was for real, if it was then the gate prices will struggle to cover that...

so will we move on at christmas???

i'm struggling to see how we can...

if not, then how do we move on next term?

if the capital has to be raised from supporters then s/t's 1,2, and 3, and gate prices will have to rise to cover say 40% of a jordan rhodes t/fer fee...

as for the wages, we must think the social is paying him...

i actually 'agree' (somewhat) with the price rises, however, i think they were too much, too soon...

i'm not sure if the £5m shortfall was for real, if it was then the gate prices will struggle to cover that...

so will we move on at christmas???

i'm struggling to see how we can...

if not, then how do we move on next term?

if the capital has to be raised from supporters then s/t's 1,2, and 3, and gate prices will have to rise to cover say 40% of a jordan rhodes t/fer fee...

as for the wages, we must think the social is paying him...

I can give a guess that the shortfall will be substantially greater than the £5m - MM and others were covering even with the price rises

Accounts may mask this for FFP reasons based on shirt sponsorship, ground sponsorship etc

If we bought rhodes for £12m we fans will be buying the equivalent of his big toe

We would however all be bankrupt if we had to err pay for Lachman and his lunch box

Reading between the lines it looks like the cheapest available game from the 3 will have the lowest attendance.

Always been the case - you go on OO and probably read the 30 years ago thread. Midweek match v Everton 30k plus Saturday after 19k. Can't even blame price differentials and we won in the midweek to go 6th or summat.

I can give a guess that the shortfall will be substantially greater than the £5m - MM and others were covering even with the price rises

Accounts may mask this for FFP reasons based on shirt sponsorship, ground sponsorship etc

If we bought rhodes for £12m we fans will be buying the equivalent of his big toe

We would however all be bankrupt if we had to err pay for Lachman and his lunch box

i'm not sure what 'smoke n' mirrors' can be done in relation to the ffp rules...

maybe he's got a copy of the qpr letter sayin' 'balex we're a london club' and just altered the letter head hoping nobody at league hq is good at geography???  WTF:

he is a businessman and wants to make money.

If that's the case he has two options

1) Pay for promotion himself and double his money when we get there

2) Don't even think about buying a football club

With scenario 1, the impact our ticket price hike has had on his plan will be negligible - it might bring in an extra £500k.

Getting to the PL will cost us circa £50m.