ANOTHER ticket price thread

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

I went to a game in Germany last years, a couple of things I noticed which must be a big boost to income.

1. Just about every fan had some kind of club colours on. So be it a scarf, hat, shirt etc. you don't see that here

2. The fan park was packed 5 hours before the game with people drinking. Bang outside the stadium so I assume run by the club.

Your correct it's more of an event than 90 mins of football, all iv'e seen is games on tv and the stadiums are rocking so surely that kind of scenario will help the players and make it a fortress at home games 

too many Wednesday fans want top drawer stuff without contributing a small element towards it

I don't think any Wednesday fan would have objected to paying a SMALL element towards it but someone got greedy !

Only the 1st level EB season ticket holders have contributed a SMALL element the rest of us are being expected to fund them...

Do You think once we get to the "promised land" we will get a share of the riches re distributed back to us fans ?

Just a thought....

If Members don't get a discount at the Brighton game, why the feck did we have to have "discounted" or over priced tickets for the Arsenil game ?

FFS....

We didn't 'have' to have discounted tickets for the Arsenal game, assuming both clubs just decided it would be a good thing to do for season ticket holders and members

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

I was in Dortmund although I didn't go to that game and the main square in Dortmund was packed at 10.30.......they didn't kick off till 5.30.

To the Germans football matches are a day event it's not just about the game to them.

They will earn a fortune on merchandise, food and drink compared to English clubs. I bet the average spend per fan isn't much different it's just spent in different ways

Once again England are light years behind most country's both on and off the pitch

Edited by HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

Oh I did go upto the ground at Dortmund, no chance of getting a ticket but just wanted to sample the atmosphere.

The bars surrounding the stadium were full 3 hours before they kicked off. All proceeds to the club, we see none of that

Most Germans seem to be able to drink without getting overly agressive (check out the Octoberfest), try going on the north, west end after some of our greatest have had a few...

Opening the park for extended drinking might just drive a few away from the club too..

I don't think every ticket in Germany is that cheap and a lot are supported by big business as well. Saying that I am a huge fan of the set up there, the Premier League could and should have been set up so much better in the first place

Saying that Bayern Munich walk that league and put 5 past Dortmund the other day in the early season title decider

Right. Time to send a message.

Any pick and choosers and limited resources need to get to these games.

27,000 vs Forest.

30,000 vs Brighton.

It's only by getting big crowds for these games that we stand a chance of maintaining these lower prices.

Everyone who has blamed ticket prices for their not attending (and rightly so in many cases), time to put your money where your mouth is.

Guest Deleted member

Not surprised at all with the Brighton price for a Tuesday night game, but the Forest price is a very welcome surprise.

Well done to the club who have clearly acted on the outrage over pricing, and the low attendances

It's disappointing to see the disappointment of some in this thread who can't acknowledge that people power has worked and the club has been forced to do something

Just be happy that the club are now making it affordable

Anybody expecting 25K plus for the Brighton game is in Cloud Cuckoo Land

It will struggle to get 22k

I'm not sure why people are expecting a bumper crowd for Forest when it's £30 for the cheapest POTD admission.

Average after 8 games will be £31.00 - up from £23.70 over 23 games last season.

Still too high.

We need more Cat F and G games.

I do think the club has taken note of criticism/low attendances and priced the Forest game accordingly.

Preston was Cat D - Forest Cat E.

No way would the Forest game have been planned to be cheaper beforehand.

Good stuff from the club for acting on it, and further praise from me for the multitude of categories available.

Hopefully next year's prices are already being worked on - hopefully this season's were as bad as they were because it was a rush job.

As usual

Quoting worse case scenario

It's called not being a tight arse accountancy and determining the value of something based on more than just the cost. I suppose I don't determine such things in the same way. I can enjoy being a member of something Eg the National Trust without adding up the trips made, dividing that into the renewal fee and checking if I would have been better off POTG.

I see that membership fee as saving coastline, historic houses even if I may never visit them

So why can't the membership fee at Swfc be seen as something similar

Great post !

I'm not sure why people are expecting a bumper crowd for Forest when it's £30 for the cheapest POTD admission.

£25 for members

With all the moaning about ticket prices we should achieve 30k for this one with 3/4K included from Forest.

Not surprised at all with the Brighton price for a Tuesday night game, but the Forest price is a very welcome surprise.

Well done to the club who have clearly acted on the outrage over pricing, and the low attendances

It's disappointing to see the disappointment of some in this thread who can't acknowledge that people power has worked and the club has been forced to do something

Just be happy that the club are now making it affordable

Part of me thinks we should reserve judgement on "fan power" until we see the prices for subsequent games

Certainly appears common sense has prevailed but it will be chaos on here if the Boxing Day game is Category b for example

As we have sort of shown with figures the Club will end up with roughly the same revenue but the value of the goodwill from the fan base for there being more affordable pricing is huge - well hopefully

It really is down to the fans to respond and back the Club by putting bums on seats

£25 for members

With all the moaning about ticket prices we should achieve 30k for this one with 3/4K included from Forest.

You are expecting 30k at £30 minimum POTD?

Guest Deleted member

23-24 tops against Forest. Some would rather choose the Arsenal game, which is fair enough.

For those who think we might get 30k we couldn't even do that letting people in for £10 could we?

No

Too many games too soon