ANOTHER ticket price thread

If the investment this year means the prices have to go up so much that I cant afford to go Id rather have no investment. The ability to go and watch wednesday win, lose or draw is more attractive to me than having to listen to them win while sat at home.

Thats my feeling on the matter HOWEVER, the ticket prices we have seen recently are not as band as first thought so I would still be able to go, but you see my point.

Let's hope we get up there asap and the prize/income that the prem offers helps us all out

That's what really do need to happen

You are expecting 30k at £30 minimum POTD?

We are led to believe by many, that we are missing 3 to 4 thousand fans with the ticketing policy

Therefore if we take into account that forest will bring 4K+, there ought to be 30k in attendance

I'm just assuming that these guys are right ?

Think we are 'missing' about 3-4K with the price increases but just by dropping prices back to the old level doesn't mean they will suddenly come back. Once people lose habit of going its very difficult to get them back.

Think many will not return until we are in the top six.

Edited by matthefish2002

Think we are 'missing' about 3-4K with the price increases but just by dropping prices back to the old level doesn't mean they will suddenly come back. Once people lose habit of going its very difficult to get them back.

Think many will not return until we are in the top six.

Apologies but was last seasons average 24k? No so where are these mystical 3-4k fans?

well i've read some stupid theories on here over the years, but to applaud Kivo and Grandad for the lower prices, as though they had something to do with it is simply farcical

as every sane fan knows, the pricing in football is scandalous,

the club pricing policy was always going to be a suck it and see affair, hence the many different categories, had we averaged 5,000 more per game this year, do you think Kivo's moaning on here would have seen the cat's for Forest and Brighton as they are? Of course not, it's the fans voting with their feet that have driven the prices

will the resulting games have a significant crowd increase? I doubt it

the club are simply looking to see how much they can maximise income from the gate, Kivo and Grandad, or any other keyboard moaner, have nowt to do with it,

two posters from Owlstalk wont influence Chansiri, the tills ringing will

Edited by scarboro-owl

last seasons average was just under 22k. This seasons is just under 21k. We are missing 1,000 .

The lost 1000 from last year probably dont want to come and are running scared as they were enjoying watching paint dry than last years home games.

I cant remember the last time we averaged 24/25/26 that some people seem to remember. These mysterious 3-4k fans left because we were poo and they will come back when we are better but it will take more than 3 league wins and a win against newcastle to convince them.

Just like they came back when we played Wycombe and Hartlepool. Only when we were doing well and it meant something.

So those who mention prices are talking utter rubbish. Yes it does take time to convince fans to come back but after nearly 20 years of rubbish they are probably scared to come back regardless of price.

Edited by SouthernOwl24

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

last seasons average was just under 22k. This seasons is just under 21k. We are missing 1,000 .

The lost 1000 from last year probably dont want to come and are running scared as they were enjoying watching paint dry than last years home games.

I cant remember the last time we averaged 24/25/26 that some people seem to remember. These mysterious 3-4k fans left because we were poo and they will come back when we are better but it will take more than 3 league wins and a win against newcastle to convince them.

Just like they came back when we played Wycombe and Hartlepool. Only when we were doing well and it meant something.

So those who mention prices are talking utter rubbish. Yes it does take time to convince fans to come back but after nearly 20 years of rubbish they are probably scared to come back regardless of price.

Do you think any fan is not attending due to the price increase?

So a price increase has had no effect on attendances?

minority which is dependant on if we are playing well.

Playing poo- high price- no attendance

playing average- high price- 50/50

playing well- high price most will attend and the minority will not to make a stand.

Lets put it this way I am sure Kivo will be attending the Play off semi's (both) and the final as it is sucessful for the club to be there and the fear of missing out will be worth the small fortune he pays.

Do you think any fan is not attending due to the price increase?

I do think so yes. But it is more of an excuse. 

After last year - half dont want to go but are blaming prices as an excuse

The ones I feel sorry for are the ones who cannot afford it not the ones who can but wont. 

Fans will start to come back if we carry on lets say winning 75% of home games just like any other team when in/out of form attendances will rise/drop.

We have just spend most amount of money in years on the team and attendances have gone down. The most obvious reason is due to the price increases!!! Simple law of economics is that they more you charge for a product then less people will pay.

yeah say that to apple. I agree but apple phones are ridiculously expensive in fact more than a season ticket yet most people have one.

Its mostly excuses as to why the missing 1000 are not coming anymore.

Edited by SouthernOwl24

We are led to believe by many, that we are missing 3 to 4 thousand fans with the ticketing policy

Therefore if we take into account that forest will bring 4K+, there ought to be 30k in attendance

I'm just assuming that these guys are right ?

But its still £30 for cheapest adult POTG.

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

I do think so yes. But it is more of an excuse. 

After last year - half dont want to go but are blaming prices as an excuse

The ones I feel sorry for are the ones who cannot afford it not the ones who can but wont. 

Fans will start to come back if we carry on lets say winning 75% of home games just like any other team when in/out of form attendances will rise/drop.

Fair enough, i honestly think most fans who are not attending this season simply cannot afford it rather than being stubborn. I have missed a few games only due to the cost and know many others in the same predictament. Don't you think those who have followed wednesday for decades and spent thousands would love to still be able to attend rather than sit at home watching the scores? every fan has wednesday in their blood but to many that has been took away from them due to these obscene prices.

Fair enough, i honestly think most fans who are not attending this season simply cannot afford it rather than being stubborn. I have missed a few games only due to the cost and know many others in the same predictament. Don't you think those who have followed wednesday for decades and spent thousands would love to still be able to attend rather than sit at home watching the scores? every fan has wednesday in their blood but to many that has been took away from them due to these obscene prices.

apart from this year with the increase

attendances have dropped or stayed the same as we were poo. 2013 (first year in champ when there was optimism) is one of the first years it rose. 

When you look back its been dipping quietly for 15 years. 

No, he and a few others would rather mock them.